“Again, a wonderful lunch!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Again, a wonderful lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Rode our bikes to Jake's for lunch today, and it was as awesome as always! I had the lighter version oh haddock nuggets, and I couldn't eat the whole meal! Took some home! Hub had the wrap, and he had to bring half home too! For a lighter lunch, you'd think this was dinner. Tasty haddock fried to a light crispy crunch, with seasoned fries, and a heaping portion of fresh coleslaw to boot! The chef even places a good sized slice of fresh lemon on the plate, a pint of cold draft and you're good to go! On Tuesdays they give a pint glass away with every pint served to you. This place Rocks! Sara, our waitress/ barkeep is so please not and helpful as well. Never tire of going here! 5 stars for sure!

• Visited July 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Seafood here is delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Hubby and I recently stopped here to have lunch, ( Tuesday ) afternoon. The bartender ( Sara ) was very cordial, as was the cook and I believe is the owner, I may be wrong, not sure.
Anyway, we ordered a pint of beer each, and every Tuesday, if you order a pint, they give you a free pint glass! woohoo! Loved the Haddock bites dinner I ordered, It was way more than I could eat! The whole meal was cooked to perfection, all the way down to the home made coleslaw...I use to work in our family restaurant as a teen about 40 plus years ago, and I use to make our coleslaw, theirs tasted exactly how I use to make ours....and still do. I would suggest anyone to go here to eat and drink, amazingly nice people who run this restaurant...we will definitely go back!

• Visited May 2014
Newton, New Hampshire
“Again, Jakes does not disappoint!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Away from the madding crowd of Conway and North Conway, this spot continues to put out top notch food. Fresh seafood, friendly staff, awesome service. No need to go to the ocean for great seafood. We love the atmosphere! The newly added back "porch" is a great touch! We still love the front, older section with it's clean crisp look. We always have a difficult time passing Jakes, so if not when we are heading up to the Mt Washington Valley area, then, on our way home, we have to make a Jake stop!! You can not get this quality in the Conway, North Conway area!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Reading, MA
“Tremendous value and loved by the locals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stopped here on the way up to Jackson and were not disappointed. Great seafood (I had fried shrimp and my wife had the seafood casserole), very reasonable prices and excellent service. The ambience was nothing spectacular, but everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, and the waitresses were friendly to all. Would definitely eat here again.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chocorua
“Best seafood in Mt Washington Valley area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

As locals, we eat at ALL the local seafood restaurants. Jakes is the best within 25 miles of Conway! After "testing" the others, we keep coming back to Jakes for the clams, oysters and scallops, usually with onion nuggets rather than FF or OR. Their baked seafood is just as good as their fried. The servers are friendly, helpful and prompt. If you let your water glass get half empty, it WILL be refilled.

• Visited October 2013