“We Will Definitely Be Back” 5 of 5 stars

Lazy E Motor Inn
808 Weirs Boulevard, Weirs Beach, Laconia, NH 03247   |
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Weirs Beach
Salem, Massachusetts
“We Will Definitely Be Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed there on Sunday night at the end of bike week. We chose the Lazy E based on the information supplied on their web site and I have to tell you everything was just as they said it would be. I can not ever remember staying any where else where the staff and the owners treated you like old friends and not guests. They bent over backwards for us from the moment we checked in. The place was pretty empty as all the bikers had left but we even found a newpaper on our doorstep when we got up on Monday morning. The atmosphere is great with out door bar, a fire pit area, and numerious gas grill on the grounds for guests to use. There were even toys available for the kids to play with if you are traveling with a family. Les and Linda have not left out one detail to make your stay as comfortable as they possibly can. It is my understanding the owners will even take you out on their boat if you happen to be around when they go for a ride. We sat around the camp fire Sunday evening with Les, Linda, and other guests and in no time we were all talking like we had been friends for years, No other property in the area we have stayed in compatable with this has ever offered as much as the Lazy E. As I said we got there on Sunday immediately at the conclusion of bike week and the cottage we were offered and the grounds were alreadyimmaculate and ready to go depite them being very busy andsold out the for the previous 9 days. I can not say enough good about the Lazy E alls I can say is the wife and I will can't wait to return there to stay longer and enjoy the fantastic atmoshphere. Sorry Jim but I think your review is way off base here. Keep up the great work Les, Linda and your entire staff and thanks for a great stay we never felt more comfortable at a place while staying away from home.

Room Tip: Just ask the staff what your requirments are and they will do their best to meet those needs.

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Valencia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Firstly I have to agree with Chrystne on her amazement at Jim J's comments about the Lazy E!
We recently Stayed at the Lazy E for Bike week, Having travelled from Europe for this event we were in need of a reasonable place to stay, what we found wasn't reasonable, it was FANTASTIC, The location is perfect, we were able to walk to the beach area and all the action. The accomodation was very clean and comfortable and the grounds are lovely, a hot tub in a woodland setting over looking the lake with beautiful sunsets.
There were B.B.Q's to use around every corner and a B.Y,O 'Tiki' bar area with a massive Telly set into an upturned boat to hang out and chat to other guests. The fire pit is a great place to end the evening with a nice glass of wine, and most evenings you are joined by the owners, Les & Linda Schuster.
And while I'm on the subject of the 'Lazy E people'....They were all so helpful, this was probably one of the busiest weeks of their year, yet they still remaind cheerful and chatty, always with a smile on their faces. So thanks to Linda, Les, Lindsay and Jessica for making our stay so good. We would whole heartedly recomend the 'Lazy E' to everyone who is looking for great place to stay.....One of the guests we were talking to put it very well, she said. "I didn't know heaven was this far north".

Colonie, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I'm not sure what Jim J is talking about because I couldn't disagree with him more!!!! Parking might not be the best, but one must work with the grounds they have. It's not the best parking, but it's workable. We stayed here for the first weekend of Bike Week. As far as the staff goes, I would say they went above and beyond to make the guests feel as welcome and at home as possbile. Lindsey (staff memeber) even offered to go to the store for us when we realized we forgot something. She was very informative and friendly. She would engage in conversations while we were all sitting by the fire at night....by the second night, we were all hanging out with the other people staying on the grounds. It was very homelike. I was overly impressed by the hospitality. The grounds were kept up very nice and the architechture was unique. The owner is very creative and I found myself complementing every little detail about the way it was set up. I could not let his abilities go without saying something. The bar area outside (bring your own and clean up after yourself) which was crafted by an old boat tipped upside down and hung up, next to that there is another boat tipped on its back end and a tv and stereo encased inside it (very cool). There are grills set up all over the grounds and everyone has access to use at their disposal. Canoes and paddleboats are available for guests to use. It's pretty much like having your own camp on the lake. There is nothing negative I can say about it. I found that it was centrally located and close to all places we wanted to go. Unlike other area hotels that stated to me when I was trying to reserve a room, this place is REALLY located on the lake. If your looking for a quaint little hideaway with a homelike feel, this is the place to go!!!!! As stated in the beginning Jim J couldn't be more wrong about the hospitality... I loved it so much, I'm going back next year and can't wait !!!!!!!

East Greenbush, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

From the moment we pulled in we were welcomed by a member of the staff, Lindsey. She welcomed us with a big smile, offered to carry our bags, offered to go to store for us, got the hot tub open, fires started, tiki torches lite....I could go on and on! Needless to say, WE LOVED HER! We went with another couple and it was our first time there. The rooms were perfect, AC, fireplace, microwave, fridge, blow dryers, coffee maker and we had our own deck with tables and chairs which was perffect to sit at in the morning having coffee and enjoying the views of the lake! There are cookers all over the grounds and not little ones, nice grills like we have aqt home. We did it all, sat in hot tub, cooked out, watched the Celtic game outside in the bar area. The T.V is mounted into a Canoe...very cool!! It was a beautiful few days in NH and I was very satisfied with the staff, grounds and their hospitality. The owners were very friendly and informative about places to see while we were there. They gave great directions and suggestions as to where the best eateries were located. From breakfast to dinner, we were always thankful to them for reccomending. We already made reservations for next year, but we added an extra day....never seems long enough!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!

Jeff and Tammy

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Ellsworth, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I have been traveling New England for the past five years. In that time have never been as disappointed, and disgusted as I was with this motel. Nothing is even close to how they describe online, parking is horrible, and the grounds and rooms are incredibly repulsive. The staff is not accommodation either. They had an all for one attitude, taking me several tries to just get local information. I give my highest recommendation to NOT STAY HERE!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!!!
Elmira, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I planned a 5 day getaway with my fiance' and my three kids and knew I wanted us to be somewhere near Laconia, NH...close to my fiance's family. I searched for hotels and found it so costly and thinking that the kids would be cramped in a hotel room I thought "out of the box" and when it came up in a search engine...BAM! I was blown away when I looked at the pictures on the webpage. There is NOTHING like this place in the world. It is beautiful. It is peaceful and quiet. Clean and comfortable. It was so much cheaper than a tiny hotel room and we had a full kitchen, living room, bedroom, and a bathroom with a tub. The staff. OH I cannot express enough good thoughts about the owners and their staff. One of the staff...bonded with my little girl and went out of her way to make her vacation special. To a parent...there is NOTHING more important...My last memory of this weekend was as the van was packed (after the owner offering to help carry the luggage bag!)...the owners came out to thank us and my little girl hugged them and the tears fell. It was just a beautiful experience...our family bonded once again in a pleasant setting...with lots of happy people around. That to me is PRICELESS. 4 more months till we will be back...the countdown has begun....16 weeks..15 weeks...14 weeks....

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
BOS MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Booked a last minute President's Day getaway, my original choice was a property also run by The Lazy "E" but, was not close to area where I wanted to be. When I booked, I did not know the property was run by The Lazy "E", after seeing the location I asked Linda & Less (Proprietors) if I could stay at The Lazy "E" property as it was better located to my needs.

They not only honored my request but, upgraded me (Doug & Deb) to a lake front suite with a fireplace and, it was spotless! A HIDDEN JEWEL ON WEIRS BEACH BLVD. Did not get to enjoy the outside patio with LARGE flat screen tv, & bbq due to the Season ;-( .....
Thanx Linda & Less,
Doug & Deb Boston, MA

Room Tip: Room 6 was ours, a queen suite! One more below us (Stadium Style Setup), a two bed cabin directly on...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lazy E Motor Inn? Share your experiences!