“We were "pleasantly surprised."” 5 of 5 stars

808 Weirs Boulevard, Weirs Beach, Laconia, NH 03247   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Weirs Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Berkley, Massachusetts
“We were "pleasantly surprised."”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for two nights and were "well satisfied." The room was quite "cozy" and " neat and very clean." The bed was comfortable and we had a quiet nights sleep. It had a "beautiful view" of the lake. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a summer weekend. Truth be told, we ended up in this motel because it was the best of the remaining options. We stayed in the motel - in room M6. This was not the room that we had reserved but I didn't complain because it was closer to the water than the room we had reserved. This is a classic cheap (but very clean) motel with good service. The primary thing that this place has going for it is its location. It is located right on the lake, complete with a dock, easy access to the water, and a swim platform. The room had a double bed (though advertised as queen-sized). It was comfortable enough but, by no means, dreamy. The room had very dim lighting. The bathroom is small with a tiny shower. The room comes with a mini-fridge and microwave which was convenient as the local dining options leave something to be desired. It also had a little deck out front with a cafe table and two chairs. On the property, there is an outdoor BBQ area complete with a 50" TV. It was be a fun area to hang out with a family or a large group of friends. Overall pros: location, friendly service, clean room. Cons: double bed, very no frills.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Verona Island, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We found the Lazy E online and booked it during our recent honeymoon. We were pleasantly surprised to find this gem tucked away on the lake. Our motel room M6 was nicely decorated and had a view of the lake from the side window. The terracing of the motel made this possible. We had a fireplace, fridge and microwave. A nice surprise was access to the water with two docks. One for swimming and one we found great for sunbathing and relaxing away from the swimmers. My husband loved the firepit and camaraderie later that night. There are grills available which we will use another trip. Shopping for groceries is about 5 miles away. Bring an ice chest if you plan to do this as the fridge is not big. There was a great restaurant 1/2 mile away with an excellent dinner.
Our only complaint was that the hot tub was locked up and never opened.

Room Tip: Go to the website and look at the photos. We hadn't done that prior to booking. Also there are...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
AUSTIN, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I'm kind of surprised by all the fabulous ratings. The room reminded me of what would be at a summer camp in 1985. Very dated and on the small side. It was comfortable enough, and maybe it's all relative, but I just don't see the super-duper qualities of this place like others did. The people were very nice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I took my son on a long weekend to visit Funspot (the world's largest arcade) to celebrate the end of the school year. We booked a cabin at the Lazy E based on the reviews here and were very pleased with our choice. We stayed in Cabin 1 and found it comfortable. It was only my son and I staying so the room was fine. I think 4 people would be OK--but a family of 5 might be tight.

Everything was in good working order: A/C, Microwave, Fridge. The shower was excellent--powerful. Although we didn't use many of the "extras" we walked around the facilty and saw the grills, smoker, paddleboat and the fun outdoor bar area set up on the property. The owners shared coupons for area restaurants and advice about the Lakes region. When we emailed prior to our visit, they also were very helpful with providing information about room details.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Holyoke, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

The Lazy E is the "Hidden Jewel" as the Phantom would say. I cannot say enough about this place. If you are the ocean lover and don't like lakes, go to Hampton Beach. If you like cottages and lakes, do give Lazy E a try, You are not overrun by tourists, screaming kids or partying teenagers. Yes, everyone has a good time but it does not get out of hand.When I was growing up,every summer I went to a nearby lake in NH. I stayed at various places in the Weirs Beach area. Once I found the Lazy E I knew I was making more great memories with my family. I have a standing reservation every year and can't wait to get there. People we have referred to the Lazy E love it also. They is something for everyone. Tots to the Old folks.

One of the best things is the hospitality from Les and Linda and all of the staff. They make it great and go out of their way to make sure you have a great time.

Room Tip: Best Sunsets!!!!
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Batavia, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

My boyfriend stayed here in May 2010. His experience was so good that he brought me back here. His review last year required him to log in to FACEBOOK. I had just set up a FACEBOOK account for myself. He found me again after 30 years! To celebrate his retirement and my semi-retirement we couldn't pick a nicer place than the Lazy E in Weirs Beach. Great central location for visits to other New England areas. Loved the evenings especially after a day of travel. SO RELAXING!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Lazy E Motor Inn? Share your experiences!