“Excelent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Proctor's Lakehouse Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weirs Beach
Proctor's Lakehouse Cottages
You added Proctor's Lakehouse Cottages to your Saves list
1144 Weirs Blvd, Weirs Beach, Laconia, NH 03246   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newport, Rhode Island
“Excelent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

My boyfriend and I just came back from a wonderful weekend spent at Proctor's Cottages!! We stayed in CR11 right smack on the lake!! We were invited by my best friend Judy and her fiance to stay with them! The cottages are clean and cute! We were greeted by Fred the owner. Very, very accomodating!!! He was very nice as he walked over to my boyfriend and me as we just arrived by motorcyle and greeted us! Very, very nice man! He made us feel so welcomed!

You can actually walk to many places while staying there. We ate breakfast at Donna-Jeans, which was pretty good!!!! Then there is Weir's Beach, a 6 minute walk! Beautiful scenery on the lake as we took a boat ride!!

All in all, we had a tremendous time and will stay there again!

• Liked — right on the lake!!
  • Disliked — bathroom...a bit small, but good enough for what it was used for.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2005

After reading the Methuen member's review of Proctor's I have only one thing to say. There must be 2 Proctor's Lakehouse Cottages in Laconia,because the place that he or she is writing about is NOT the same place I spend every weekend and 2 weeks every summer at.I've been going to Proctor's every year since Fred bought the property and I've found my time spent there both relaxing and fun,as a matter of fact I call Proctor's "my summer home". Fred has done wonders with Proctor's, he has totally remodeled the motel building and is always finding ways to improve the cottages.The grounds are clean and well kept, the staff both friendly and helpful. There are picnic tables ,bbq grills and a fantastic sun deck on a large sandy trash free beach.If you are a boat lover(as I am) you will think of Proctor's as heaven on earth as you sit and watch the parade of boats go by. I think ,that for the money, you can not find a better place to stay that is right on the water and within walking distance to Weirs Beach. I am not the only one who must feel this way because I seem to see the same people come back year after year.Proctor's is a great place for families, the kids love the swim platform,ping pong table and sandy beach.I have found Fred and his family to be friendly and helpful hosts,I can't count the number times that they have invited me to sit and talk,or share a drink. They are always looking to make sure that their guests are having a pleasant time and it is not uncommon to see Fred and his wife entertaining their guests on the porch of the main house. I think that it is a rare thing now days to find owner/operators of a vacation spot that will treat you as a friend and not just a customer.If you are looking for a place to stay in Weirs Beach, do yourself a favor and check out Proctor's Lakehouse Cottages.

• Stayed August 2005
Methuen Mass
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2005

I booked a weeks vacation at Proctors Hotel and cottages in Laconia N.H.. I had to put down a 300.00 deposit in March with the balance to be paid upon arrival, when i went to write a check the owner "Fred" started to raise his voice in anger and was yelling at me like a child.Im 40...I had been a regular at the water front cottage's for about 10 yr's. Fred bought the property 3 yr's ago and we had a boat all those yr's and never had any problem's as we were out every day on our boat. Until this yr we had no boat to bring with us. We arrived on Saturday July 30th at 5.30 / 6.00 pm After convincing Fred I would go home and get his cash on Monday we set up our cottage (with great reservation) I wanted to leave but new he would keep my 400.00 in cash i gave him on check in. On Sunday I recieved a call from my Dad saying there was a death in the Family,I took my son who is 7 and left Monday evening about 9 pm , To come home to Mass for the wake also to get Fred's CASH. I left my 2 oldest son's at the cottage as they have there own car's and cell phone's 17 and 18and a half. I had told my son he could have some friend's up ...not to exceed 7 people as Fred had brain washed into my head earlier. My son's friend's Father had drove his son and another friend 2 hour's to spend 2 day's with us when they arrived Fred the owner started yelling at the boy's .My son very upset called me at home as i was preparing for the wake and told me what was going on. I spoke to Fred and explained there was a death and i would be back first thing in the morning I told him my son was an adult and everything was fine. Even though I had paid 800.00 in cash after only 2 day's he told me my money was all used up! My son's and there friend's had to leave, he continued to yell at me on the phone ,i asked please put my son on the phone,i told him to pack up every thing and come to find out Fred had been on an extention line and yelled" they better clean the place up good! I was in shock he was ease dropping on my call with my son. He said he would watch them like a hawk and sleep out side our cottage He called my son's little punk's and he dosent want people coming and going, i had already told him there would be diffrent people there through out the week and that we would not exceed 7 . He said that was fine that they just had to let him know when someone was leaving and another coming for the nite. I did not make it to the wake as i was to upset and went back to Proctor's to make sure every thing was o.k. I asked the people next to me if they heard any music,seen anyone drinking, or smoking a cigarette for that matter.They said no way ...they heard nothing and that the boy's were down at the center playing arcade game's ,all they did was come back to sleep. Fred had the nerve to come and hand my son a bill for the whole week and use of the boat dock at 20.00 per nite when i didn't even have a boat! I gave him a bill and told him i wanted a refund of 350.00 for the time we paid for (befor we were harrassed and tormented by this person) I have come to the conclusion as did my son's friend's Father that this man "rent's" his property for an outragious amount of money 1700.00 weekly for 7 people But really dosen't want anyone on his property. I also heard him angerly tell 4 young adult's not to sit on the dock and talk , when asked why? He said this is how i run my place and i dont want you sitting on the dock's! One more thing Fred has kept my money(i intend to bring him to court) and still daily trying to credit my account for outrages amount's of money.I cancelled my card thank goodness or i would be living in the street with the money he's tryed to get out of my card. Im not over the hurt that I missed my dear uncle Roger's wake , to go protect my son's from this bitter keeper of the land,who will watch your every move if you stay there...BEWARE.

, owner at Proctor's Lakehouse Cottages, responded to this review, December 27, 2005
The review from former guest from Methuen, Mass is full of incorrect information. The person paid her deposit on May 11, 2005 and we took this unit off the market for the time till she arrived on 7/30/05 - almost 3 months. Her rate with the boat dock (which she requested) and 8% NH tax was $1,626.20 - NOT $1,700 for the cottage only. She knew the rental rates when she booked the unit in May. I (Fred) have owned Proctor's for 7 years now - NOT 3. This guest has only come to Proctor's August 2003 for 1 night & August 2004 for 3 nights - NEVER renting a boat dock. Our published rules state "balance in full on arrival by bank check, cash or credit card" -NEVER a personal check on arrival (for all 7 years, now). She wanted to pay $1,201.20 (no dock) by check, I said NO. She paid $100. in cash and said then put the balance on the Credit Card. I tried various amounts till $400. took!!
That was a total paid of $800 on a $1,501.20 bill and the mistake I made was that I let her check in as she promised to pay the balance on Monday 8/1/2005 when her "money" would be in. Yes, she did leave Tuesday evening and we suffered a $700. loss on the unit for the balance of her reserved week. Proctor's has a VERY STRICT published "NO VISITOR" rule the whole time we are open. ONLY REGISTERED GUESTS ARE ALLOWED ON THE PROPERTY. And YES, the cottage she was in had a 7 person maximum on it. The phone conversation she refers to was a call made by HER son on HIS cell phone where I talked to her. There was NO evesdroping as her son's cell phone did not have an extension!! The conversation with the 4 young adults WAS about being on the boat dock but them NOT sitting on the boats docked there as they belonged to other guests and were private property. Once this person left, NO further attempt was made to charge her credit card.
We DO NOT rent to anyone under 21, nor do we allow anyone under 21 to stay unattended overnight in our cottages. It was nice to see that the other guest who HAS been coming for 7 years in a row, has VERY truthful comments to make on our establishment. Fred

Been to Proctor's Lakehouse Cottages? Share your experiences!