“Great Place to Get Away” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Cozy Inn & Cottages and Lakeview House & Cottages

and 1 more site!
You added The Cozy Inn & Cottages and Lakeview House & Cottages to your Saves list
The Cozy Inn & Cottages and Lakeview House & Cottages
12 Maple St., Weirs Beach, Laconia, NH 03246   |
New Creek, West Virginia
“Great Place to Get Away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

I booked this cottage via the internet and we were welcomed when we arrived, no problems. The cottage was well appointed, all your needs are met from hi tech to low tech. We enjoyed sitting out in the evening looking at the lake and the dark starry night. Management was able to answer all our questions, give us tips to excellent restaurants, and the history of the area.
Would I recommend this place to my friends, you betcha!! Great place to unwind.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
cumberland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

The owners were very attentive and full information about the local attractions and local recreation opportunities. Our room was perfect very clean and quaint. The Cozy Inn exceded my expectations of a New England vacation.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you next year!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Shelton, CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

First the good parts. The view is beautiful from the Lakeview Inn porch. Our cabin was reasonably clean. It was convenient to walk to the lake and the beach. The town has arcades and some not so great restaurants. It also has a drive in movie. You can also walk to the train and boat rides. As it was my first time in NH, I did not quite know where to stay. I would not bother to stay in Weirs beach again. Is it a dumpy old town for the most part. The next town up (Meredith) was much nicer and had nicer accomodations and stores. Weirs beach is nice to visit but I would not stay there. The owners were very unfriendly. The wifi rarely worked. They did have a computer for visitor use but it was very old and very slow. We kept blowing fuses in cottage 16. First was when I used the stove and the microwave at the same time. The next day was with the stove and toaster. Then just using the toaster. The owner claimed this never happened all summer. I guess no one ever tries to cook and I gave up. The cabin is very small and we were pretty cramped with 4 people. 5 would be impossible. When I called about the wifi the owner insisted the people next to me got it to work and did not even want to hear what I had to say. I spoke to the people next door and they said it would only work on occassion for them. My husband really needed the wifi for work and luckily it worked one morning but then we struggled with it after that. The shower head dribbled out so it was very hard to wash long hair. The hot water would come and go during the shower as well. The pools are very small and really are just for young kids. The cabin was also on a slant so everything kind of rolled to one side. The cabin did start to smell after a few days and the sheets were very worn. Most of the windows are screwed shut and if not very hard to open and close. There was no insulation in the cabins and you could hear every word being said in the cabin next to you. We were very disappointed in these accomodations. We found a bag of shoes under my daughters bed so obviuosly it was not being vaccummed. With some upgrading the cabin could be passable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Santa Rosa, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Location, location, location! A short walk down the hill and you’re in the thick of Weirs Beach shops, etc. We stayed in Cottage #4. Rustic charm and very clean. Partial lake view from the screened porch. Perfect for 2 people to move around in (it rained the first 2 days we were there) and the kitchenette was well equipped. Dyan, the owner, was very helpful despite being tired from a long, busy summer. We were welcome to sit on the covered porch at the Lakeview with a fabulous view of the lake. The sitting room is so charming and inviting. It even has a guitar you can play.
Took the postal boat tour- fun and interesting. Visited Castle in the Clouds with a great restaurant. Inexpensive t-shirts and hoodies at bottom of hill. Fried dough is everywhere but different with each vendor. Finally caved in and it was much better than expected (for the calories, I wanted the best). Check them out before you buy.
Good luck on finding good restaurant food for dinner. A local suggested Hart’s near Meredith and I wish we’d driven the couple extra miles to get there. Suggest stopping in Lanconia at Shaws or Hartford markets for groceries. Closest NH Liquor store is in Gilford. Had a great variety of wines at the best prices.
Found a very nice Thank You note from them in our mail when we returned home.

Room Tip: check out website for pictures of cottages
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a few nights the last week of July with our two boys, 4 and 1. It was our first time in the area so we didn't know where to stay or what to do while in the area. I don't like not knowing an area when I vacation but I took a chance and booked the Captain's Quarters in the Lakeview House after having a discussion with one of the owners over the phone. We were going to stay at one of the cottages but deicded that we wanted to have somewhat of a bed and breakfast like feel.

The Lakeview house is beautiful. Almost exactly how I would picture an old house being used as an inn. Check in was a breeze and I was given a lot of information, including coupns for some of the local restaurants and attractions. The Captains Quarters was very large so our family of 4 had plenty of room where the boys could go watch TV in their bunk room and my wife and I could watch something on the flat panel in the living room.

The views out of the front window of the room is beautiful, especially at night when parts of the lake are lit up. We were a bit concerned about noise in this type of house (mostly noise from our kids) but we never noticed anything and, in fact, it was very quiet during the time we were there.

we never got the time to really sit back and enjoy some of the features of the house itself like the main living room or the huge front porch with chairs. I had envisioned sitting out there at night enjoying the area, however, the kids wore us out so we were in bed rather early.

we used one of the 2 swimming pools while we were there. I took my 4 year old over to the pool by the main house as that is geared more towards children due to it being about 3 1/2 feet around most of the edges. The pool was well kept (a bit cold thanks to a huge rain storm that had just come through).

The Lakeview house is maybe 150' or so walk to the main boulevard at the beginning of Weirs beach. We walked down there, stopped in one of the sotres to buy some "memorial" beach towels and then spent a few hours at weirs beach swimming in the lake. It was a wonderful time!

We also got to spend some time at the arcade that I....cough..I mean, my sons enjoyed. And after the arcade, we got ice cream and enjoyed the beautiful weather. All of this without having to get into our car and drive anywhere. Awesome location.

The oweners (sorry...terrible with names!) were very nice and seemed to really care about us while we were there. After seeing other accomodations around the area, I can say that my gamble paid off and I chose the best one there. If we decide to come back to the area next year, I will definitely stay here and will book the Captains Quarters again.

My only issue with our stay there was that the coffee in the main area of the house wsn't brewed until after 8am when we had been up for a while and just about ready to grab breakfast. I don't blame the Inn, I blame my kids for waking me up way too early on vacation!

Thanks for an awesome time!

Room Tip: The cottages look nice overall but the Captains Quarters are great for small families.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
American-in-Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

This place was just what we were looking for. Location was premier, only being about 100ft from board walk and all the attractions of Wiers Beach. Staff was very friendly and rooms were clean and had all the basics needed for a pleasant stay. This is NOT a fancy hotel with all the amenities and decor you'll find in a chain hotel in the big city. The decor is somewhat dated (think grandma's house), but it was well worth the price we paid ($125/night for a 2 room suite with private bath and A/C) in a high-price resort area in peak season. Very nice to walk a few steps to resturants downtown, have a meal and a couple of beers (or ice cream) then relax on the rocking chairs on the front porch. I would definately come back to this again.

Room Tip: Tell staff what you need...they'll make it happen. My criteria was private bath and A/C for chea...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Just stayed here for a short get away. My partner and I both enjoyed Weirs beach overall, just enough kitsch to toss away $20 on the boardwalk without feeling like we were surrounded by Jersey Shore imitators. We were very pleasantly surprised to find out just HOW close this inn is to the boardwalk, literally a thirty second downhill stroll. This allowed us the freedom of not having to go through crazy parking to get to the beach or local bars. As far as the room itself- it was small, but for the price it seemed fair. The downstairs common rooms were gorgeous, next time I'd plan to bring a book and sit in one of the overstuffed leather chairs and watch the sunset over the lake. One could almost mistake the decor for a family members beach home- a refreshing break anything "motel" themed. The only downside isn't really much to complain about, and that is just the pool was pretty much a waste, two girls blocked the entrance and it was big enough to enjoy for about 10 minutes or less; but don't let that deter you as the amazing beach is only minutes away.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Cozy Inn & Cottages and Lakeview House & Cottages? Share your experiences!