“Memorable” 5 of 5 stars

1192 Weirs Blvd, Rt 3, P.O. Box 5106, Weirs Beach, Laconia, NH 03247-5106   |
Pembroke, New Hampshire
“Memorable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here at the last minute. We had a terrible week and the beginning of our weekend was very disheartening. We stayed here and the cleanliness, upkeep, location, and service was outstanding. We made new memories and because of this place we don't remember the last time we felt more at peace. It was just quiet enough while still being within walking distance to the hot spots such as Naswa and Weirs Beach. The pricing was perfect and the cottages were just the right size to be cozy and comfortable with plenty to offer. We have made this our new favorite place to stay at the lake. We will be back again soon.

Room Tip: Definately try to get a cottage on the water. But depending on the size of your party, some cottages...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Leominster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Jsut got back from a week long vaction!! Could not haver asked for a better place top stay!! Jose and his family were out of this world!! They make you feel like part of the family! The place was awesome! The coattages are clan and haver all the stuff you need! I really enjoyed sitting on the porch and watching the boats in the morning or hanging out on the island and meeting other guests that were staying there. Also enjoyed watching the kids try to catch some fish. I did not want to leave!!! Thank you for a really great time and can't wait to go back! I will be spreading the word about this spot!!!!

Room Tip: Cottage Five was awesome!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I have been to Channel Cottages many times over the last 8 years. I keep coming back for a reason but it's hard to express in words. There is something very special about this place. Its the kind of place where I want to go back agin before I ever leave. It's like going back in time in a very good way. I have been here alone on business, with my wife, with my parents and inlaws, and within the next 2 years i will introduce this special place to my children. There is so much to see and do in the area, but the thing I enjoy the most is sitting in a chair outside the cottage and watching the water roll by. Jose and Stacie, the owners, have an obvious passion for making people feel at home. I often tell people that if I ever go missing, start your search at the Channel Cottages. That's were I would hope to be.

Harrington, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had a wonderful experience at Channel Waterfront Cottages. Jose and Stacie really make you feel at home. Thank you for a great time and I cannot wait to visit again!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Originally from the Boston area and now living in The Netherlands for the past 25 years, I am often in Boston visiting my family. On this trip I made sure I had four free days to do what I love to do most - take a road trip without plan and without specific destinations. I only knew I wanted to drive around the parts of New Hampshire that I frequented as a kid - the Kangamangus Highway, the White Mountains Presidential range where we used to camp, hike and ski and ending around Lake Winnipesaukee where I used to go to summer camp.

It was the third week of April when there was a stretch of beautiful summer like weather. After a long day of driving I ended up in Weir's Beach and started to look for a place to put my head down for the night. After passing a few places that weren't my style, a couple of places that weren't in my budget and a couple of places that weren't yet open, I turned a corner and saw a sign for Channel Waterfront Cottages.

I wasn't sure if this place was open but I saw a gentleman working in the yard. I put down the window and asked if this place was open and given the time of year followed with a somewhat superfluous but obligatory question, "Do you have a vacancy for one person for one night?" The gentleman turned out to be Jose the owner and he said that he certainly did have vacancies and offered to show me his place.

I parked the car and we walked down towards the waterfront where a meticulously maintained group of shiny white and green cottages lined the waterfront. I hadn't stayed in a place like this since our last family vacation on the Cape, probably 45 years ago. The setting was superb, on the channel right before the bridge to the lake. The grounds and the cottages had been beautifully prepared for the new season.

After being pointed in the direction of a local place where I could get a good burger I returned to enjoy some conversation with Jose and a wonderfully peaceful sunset. Its clear that Jose takes pride in his place and pride in offering his guests hospitality and a welcome feeling. Being so early in the season, I was actually the only guest that night, I believe perhaps one of the first guests of the season. That was great to enjoy the peace and tranquility but I can imagine how much fun it is there when things are buzzing and the BBQ is running for example.

The rooms and cottages seem to have everything one needs for a great stay. My room had a very comfortable bed, TV and wifi which was all I needed for the one night. I found this place to be real gem of a classic New England type of cottage holiday place.

I hope I get a chance to return one time during the summer season and really take advantage of the location, the hospitality, the lake and the fun.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband and i were there for bike week, jose and stacy were so great to us. The cottage was clean, and the grounds were stop on, we can't wait to return next year. This is the best place ever, bring your kids or just hang out alone. Thank you for the best vacation EVER....yvonne & walter

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Palmer, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Our third year at Channel Cottages and I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else! The location is the best, close to everything. Clean, comfortable cottage with everthing we need for vaca. Staff is great, and if we needed anything at all they took care of it immediately! The Island is a great place to hang out and watch boats for a day, or just bring your coffee out in the morning. The grounds actually look even nicer than last year (didnt think it was possible...!). Pride of ownership really shows thru on this property! Just finished booking our vacation for next June!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Channel Waterfront Cottages? Share your experiences!