“Pretty good but....” 3 of 5 stars

603 366-2255
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Weirs Beach Lobster Pound is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
“Pretty good but....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

I think the food here is very good.  The only reason I give it 3 stars instead of 5 is because of the service.  It's not really the wait staff that is the problem, even though they are all very inexperienced, it's the kitchen.  The average time it takes to get a meal on the table is about 45 minutes from the time you place your order.  It doesn't matter what you order or how busy it is, it just always takes forever to get your food.  I really wish they could do something to improve this because it really is a great restaurant. The prices are a bit on the high side for the area. They charge Boston prices but really shouldn't. Good live music in the bar on weekends.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Providence, Rhode Island
“Our rehearsal dinner was awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

My son and his new bride got married in NH. We needed to find a site for their rehearsal dinner. The staff at Lobster Pound went out of their way to make everything run seamlessly. We made all the arrangements over the phone from out of state. We had a private room, great food, wonderful staff.
The evening surpassed our expectations. It was a fabulous start to a memorable weekend!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oakland
“Great staff, lobster just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

For a lack of enticing selections in the immediate area, we decided on the Pound. The waitress was friendly and attentive but the bus staff left lots of "stuff" on the floor, and the place wwasn't that busy at all.
The food was just OK and I suppose you are paying for the time of year. I wouldn't be too likely to return if I'm in the area again.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
West Brookfield, Massachusetts
“Skip it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Found this restaurant because we bought a gift certificate from restaurant.com. In my opinion the food is overpriced and we would not have gone without the certificate, which gave us $25 off. Lobster pie was $30 despite what it says on their website; apparently it has not been updated. But that’s all that is served -- lobster swimming in a heavy butter sauce with a few breadcrumbs sprinkled on top, called “lazy lobster” in our neck of the woods. Predominantly claws (some of which were very bitter) and a couple chunks of tail but then many, many tiny pieces sitting at the bottom in the butter that I left because it was too rich. We dine out a lot and have never been to a place where there is no potato or vegetable that comes with a meal and the only thing put in front of you is meat. I had to snag a few french fries from my husband's plate to try to offset the butter. Granted, I expected "lazy lobster" to be in butter, but this was overwhelming and a potato offering would have been a plus, especially when paying $30 for the meat. Fried clam platter very expensive, mid-$20’s, and clams were small and crunchy, not to my husband’s liking. Final cost after tax, drinks (2 beers and 1 soda) and tip for 2 was $60 -- and that's with $25 off! Only plus was our waitress was nice and the food came in a timely manner but would not recommend seeking it out. We went to the Lyons Den in Gilford (rated elsewhere) and had a much better meal, great atmosphere and great views for $18 less.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rome, Italy
“Went on a bad recomendation.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We were starving and needed food and didn't know the area, so we asked a local for a recommendation. She pointed us to the Lobster Pound. We gave it a shot. I wish I was still starving.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere