“Nice family experience” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Activities: Cross-country skiing, Skiing
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Year-round recreation area offering skiing and snowboarding in the winter, plus hiking, golfing and biking during the warmer months.
boston
5 attraction reviews
“Nice family experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is a nice place for a family with small children or young teens. You can relax and not worry about bad attitudes. Everyone was very friendly. My family and I went for 3 days during the 4th of July. We loved the small 4th of July parade and the fireworks show. In addition, the area activities were just enough the keep us all entertained. My only complaint would be the food places (nasty).

Visited July 2013

“horrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

my family had been staying in the valley, and late one evening my husband went down to the square and did some gift shopping. the next day we had tried to return an item, but we had lost the receipt. the young lady who had helped us the previous day was not working, another younger woman was there. she refused to let us exchange out item, now I stress exchange, we were not trying to return for our money back, just exchange for something different and pay whatever the difference was. my husband and I were so upset that this woman was talking to us so disrespectfully, so we left the store. later that day, we happened to run into the original sales clerk who helped my husband the day prior. we explained what had happened and she was not pleased with her coworkers behavior. we ended up finding the receipt and returning the jacket for a full refund. if we had been treated better we would have been happy to simply exchange the jacket for a different item. the sales clerk did not seem experienced, and sure did not have good customer service. I will not be returning to this "1829 outfitters" again. my husband adds "wearing a ring in your tongue is not something customers want to see"

Visited December 2012
Moultonborough
13 attraction reviews
“Great skiing, but can get old if it is your only place to ski”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Good trails and grooming and terrain for everyone. Several spots to eat (or drink) on the mountain. Good views. After you ski it more than 10 times, you may call it Boringville Valley and go for NH's bigger mountains.

Visited February 2013
NYC
“bad customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

i bought 2 day lift tickets for the family. By the time we got our boots on and made 1 run, they shut 90% of the moutain down due to the wind. the second day was the same. "Customer service" was nonexistant. NO refund, NO useful accomodation. Very disappointing.
Buyer Beware.

Visited February 2013
Providence, Rhode Island
4 attraction reviews
“Waterville Valley is an awesome Getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

There is something both peaceful and exhilarating about being in Waterville Valley. There are fun family and individual activities for all seasons. Skiing, skating, swimming, hiking, fishing, biking, skate boarding, tennis, golf, exploring. My time there is as busy or as relaxed as I want it to be. Usually, I want to be out hiking to Scaur, Fletchers Cascade, or Sandwich Mountain. With my family, we hike Cascade Trail, Mad River Trail, Smarts Brook Trail. There is plenty of food.The cinnamon buns made by Andrew at the JugTown Country Store are the best I've ever had! The pizza place has great pizza but its pricey. There people are friendly and courteous. No stoplights, no loud planes overhead, no horns honking just a laid back calm. The Recreation Center offers awesome stuff for kids to do year round! There are plenty of romantic opportunities for hubs and me too. Its a wonderful resort.

Visited March 2013