“restful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maples at Warner

Maples at Warner
You added Maples at Warner to your Saves list
Maples at Warner
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   69 East Main Street, Warner, NH 03278 (Formerly Jacob's Ladder)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Warner B&B and Inns
Boston
“restful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Cheryl was the perfect host for my atypical B&B stay. Had an exam in Concord the next day-used the wifi to access online review materials, studied in the parlor in peace, went on a beautiful walk in the neighborhood, and she packed me a breakfast the next morning, including "to-go" coffee which I consumed on the way to my early-morning exam. Looking forward to coming back during ski season.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Stuart
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Since we had never stayed in a B and B, and very much wanted to share that experience, my boyfriend and I were glad to find Maples at Warner. I am very much a "foodie" and contacted Cheryl ahead of time to figure out where to have dinner that night. She confirmed that one of my choices was amazing, and offered to help with any other concerns. When we arrived, the cookies were fantastic, and she gave us a tour of the rooms. We chose the downstairs bedroom with the bathroom attached--a good choice. My boyfriend had the best night sleep in quite some time! We awoke early, and Cheryl fixed us apple nutty pancakes and local sweet chicken sausage. They were amazing! After chatting with other guests, and seeing the dogs and one coddled cat, we packed up and headed out for more adventures. This is definitely a dog friendly environment, and I would not advise staying her if you are not a dog lover. Thanks to Cheryl's recommendations, we had another great meal on the drive back to Boston. Yes to Bed and Breakfasts!!! And, thanks Cheryl for making it a wonderful experience. By the by, if you are bargain conscience, check out craigslist New Hampshire and enter in Wrner in the vacation option for the best rates.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Harrington Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We spent one evening at Maples at Warner in August. We were welcomed and felt right at home. Our room was clean and the Inn was very well maintained. We had a front room on the second floor with a private bath down the hall. I was a little concerned that the bath wasn't adjoined to the room but it wasn't an issue at all. We had a lovely breakfast the next morning. Wonderful value for the money. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We've stayed at Maples in Warner three times so far, latest was in August 2013, and we keep coming back. Cheryl is a great host, caring, straightforward, helpful and knowledgeable. Great recommendations about where to go, in terms of both eateries/restaurants and hiking trails. The area is stunningly beautiful, especially during foliage season, and has something for everybody. Location is fantastic. If you drive north there is White Mountains Forest area, and also it's only 80 miles away from Boston.
Rooms are clean, comfortable and well appointed. Every time we are there we sleep like babies; the place is quiet and beds are wonderful. Down comforters and high thread count cotton sheets, everything so white and clean! Love it! There are no two identical rooms. Every room has its own distinctive character. There are two new rooms at ground level, if there is any issue related to limited mobility. Privacy is definitely NOT a problem. We travelled a lot and we are B&B people, so inevitably we have experienced B&B with thin walls that we could hear what was going on in the next room. Well, it is definitely NOT the case with Maples in Warner. The building is beautiful, solid and well maintained. Very nice decorated, very clean, there is carpet everywhere except for the new rooms. The common area includes the dining room and a very warm and cozy salon with TV, books and a small and stylish desk. There are dogs in the premises, but they have their well designated area, away from the Inn rooms and common space.
It is the home style B&B, and we do feel home there. Thanks Cheryl!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The Maples is a lovely property. Our bedroom was clean and delightful with a very comfortable bed; the en-suite bathroom was really spacious. Cheryl, our innkeeper was a lovely host and her breakfasts were great. Chatting with her and the other guests over breakfast was both relaxing and interesting. If we return to the area, this will be our first choice for accommodation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gunnison, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The Maples here in Warner is truly my home away from home. I have never been so comfortable at a lodging establishment before. Cheryl is a warm and wonderful hostess, and a fantastic cook. I visit Warner three times a year for visits with my children and Cheryl is so accommodating, allowing my teenage boys to visit the inn and watch tv in living room. They also really enjoy the food that Cheryl makes for them and the warm friendly environment. I would never dream of looking for another place to stay for my visits to New Hampshire.
If you are looking for a truly homey place to stay, interesting conversations with other guests/residents, wonderful breakfasts, and a small town The Maples in Warner, NH is the place for you.
I have visited the Maples many times over the last two years, and I feel that I am now a part of the Maples family. I love you Cheryl!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are exactly as pictured on Cheryl's website. They are all beautiful and comfortab...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
dennis port Ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Chery & Kevin welcomed us to their inn making us feel so welcomed & at home from my 83 year old mom to our 185 pound Newfoundland Dog , The Inn is so easy to find yet out of the way with snow mobile trails out back that now in Sept were great for walking and out the front door an easy walk to Main street... and a quick drive to Mount Sunapee ..... & the lake
can't wait to go back

Room Tip: loved room 2 ground floor plenty of room for my moms wheel chair and the Newfies large be...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ajjesse, Owner at Maples at Warner, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
THANK YOU!!! for sharing Harley with us for the two days you were here! Your stories, warmth and kindness radiated not only to me, but to the other guests present for the weekend as well. I can honestly say that the Inn felt empty after you left. I can't wait to see you all again!

Been to Maples at Warner? Share your experiences!