“Loved it here...Kick back and relax :)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crawford Notch General Store and Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Twin Mountain
Crawford Notch General Store and Campground
You added Crawford Notch General Store and Campground to your Saves list
1138 US Route 302, Harts Location, Twin Mountain, NH 03812   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Connecticut
“Loved it here...Kick back and relax :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

LOVED IT!! Our first time there. We had site 54 and it was on the Saco River and faced the National Forest!! We loved the spot. You have to really enjoy camping to stay here, I would rate it as a rustic campground and that has to be exactly what you are looking for. No other gimmicks! This place is all about camping,sitting around a fire pit, roasting marshmallows,playing in the river. There were some other walk in sites that we are interested in trying in the future. We had a great site and had a wonderful time :) The people at the store were very nice. We will be back :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Owner_CNC, Owner at Crawford Notch General Store and Campground, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
We are so pleased to hear that you had a great stay! Our hard work pays off! We are so fortunate to have such a beautiful spot on the Saco River in the majestic White Mountains where life is good! Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review and share with others. Please come back and enjoy!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Seabrook, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This was our first time camping at this campground and we already booked another weekend. We have a small travel trailer, so we were restricted to only a few sites, but we were very pleased with it. There was some highway noise at times but nothing that bothered us. There were many tent sites and some right on the river which were awesome! We went down one day and it was so peaceful there. I would highly recommend this. The General Store has all your basic needs such as ice, wood, BEER, etc. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. You have to check in by 8pm which is tough for us on a Friday, but we made it in time. If you are not there in time, your reservation will be voided. I wish they were open until 9pm or gave you the option if you let them know ahead of time. That is my only real complaint.

This campground has all the basics including showers and toilets which we were very close to. It also is the perfect location if you like to hike. You don't have to drive far to find a trail to a mountain top. We hiked Mt. Jefferson and Mt. Adams one day then found a easy 1.5 mile hike to Sawyer Pond which is beautiful. We had a picnic and swam with minimal people there. IYou can also carry a raft up for float time.

If you are looking for a more active campground with a pool, games, parades, etc. then this is probably not for you.

We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Owner_CNC, Owner at Crawford Notch General Store and Campground, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
We appreciate your taking the time to share this information with all! In terms of your thoughts regarding the check-in time, we are taking this into consideration so thank you for the feedback! We are always open to constructive feedback! We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay!
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

When I made the reservation over the phone for this campground, the man I spoke to was very friendly and accommodating. We needed to pay extra for having six adults at two campsites (only two adults per campsite are allowed) and for two dogs. This seemed fair enough. I also requested to be near a bathroom for my wife and baby, and I was told our sites would meet this criteria Also, I was told check-in was before 8 pm, which it is not uncommon for campgrounds to have a formal check-in time. However, at this campground they will not let you in after the check-in time. The entrance is gated, and you need a key to enter. Even though a member in my party made it there before check-in time, I was not allowed to use his key to enter, as the lady there that evening grouchily told him that would be trespassing and theft of property. So, we were not allowed to use one of the sites we purchased for the first night, and I was forced to find a hotel elsewhere. Furthermore, I found the next day that the campsite was not near a bathroom, but near a portable toilet, which was not any help regarding the criteria of caring for a baby. Also, I found it to be overly controlling that the gate did not open to the park after 10 pm, and that all campfires had to be extinguished by 11:30 pm. The normal campsites were average, so with all of the other choices available in the White Mountains, I would recommend staying elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Owner_CNC, Owner at Crawford Notch General Store and Campground, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate the feedback. We are sorry that you found our rules to be strict but I am please to read that you did understand them prior to your visit. We work hard to communicate both verbally and in writing with all our guests. Our rules and policies regarding security and quiet time in our park help ensure a peaceful and relaxing environment. We are happy to report that this is appreciated by our visitors!
Troy, NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I thought this campground would be secluded and quiet. Instead, I sat in one of the cabins listening to trucks and cars. (cabin #3) One truck sounded like it was in our cabin it was so loud. I hear traffic at home and so I came here to hear the sound of wind in the trees along with perhaps a bubbling brook. It was so disappointing. The campground itself, is typical. Not bad and anyone who is along the water will not suffer like I did with traffic noise and probably will absolutely love the place. I used one porta potty and all I can say was - the smell was so overpowering I thought I would die. I also was upset when I went to the showers - paid money and had a cold shower - no hot water. It really ticked me off because I had been cold and wet all day and was looking forward to the warmth. The river is beautiful and if you don't mind car noise - the cabins are really cozy in the rain and the area beautiful. Sites along the water are probably quiet and peaceful. The check-in man was extremely helpful and friendly. All in all, not a loss but not exactly what I was looking for.

Room Tip: Don't stay near road.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Owner_CNC, Owner at Crawford Notch General Store and Campground, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. As you mentioned, our riverfront sites are beautiful and anyone staying there "will absolutely love this place"...and I can tell you that they do! I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be "extremely helpful and friendly". That is always our goal! I am glad you found the cabin to be cozy in rain. In regards to your cold shower, we have 3 new Rinnai hot water on demand systems so we never run out of hot water for our guests. Occasionally, folks do misunderstand the written directions but we will assist you upon your request. In terms of the road noise, some of our sites are close to 302. We hope you will find the interactive map on our website to be helpful and speak to our staff who will kindly guide you through the selection of over 100 sites to find the best one to meet your vacation needs.
Reading,MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Just returned home from a 2 night stay at Crawford Notch. Campground has over 100 sites and 10 cabins with electricity. This is our 3rd time here and I would never camp anywhere else. We stayed in cabin #2 which is the most secluded and a short walk over to the river. Cabin had 2 rooms with a double bed in main room and 2 bunk beds in the other room. It also had a table with chairs, small fridge and a heater. Outside had a small porch with chairs, a nice fire pit and grill. Behind us was a small brook. The bath house was a short walk. Very clean! The general store has everything you need from ice cold beer to camping gear. We took a ride over to Story land which was about 15 min drive. I got discount tickets online $3 off each ticket. Use code 13USFam60. We also picked up some groceries at Grants which is down on 302 in Glen I think. On our way home stopped over to Clark's Trading Post which is our family's favorite. The bear show is spectacular! I would highly recommend Crawford Notch camping. It's clean and the staff are friendly. A great family vacation.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Owner_CNC, Owner at Crawford Notch General Store and Campground, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
It is so nice to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Thank you for taking the time to share with others. We appreciate it. So much to do here in Crawford Notch...so little time! Come see us again soon.
monreovill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I went on a camping trip recently with our 2 dogs. We happened upon this campground on our way between upstate New York and Mount Desert Island, Maine. It was just supposed to be a place we set up camp and roll out early the next morining. We ended up sticking around an extra day because we enjoyed ourselves so much. The camp site we chose was completely isolated (#82) because we wanted our dogs to be able to move around a little bit. The little creek gave our dogs something to do and cool off in. The general store was great also. The people were nice and very helpful. Enjoyed the area and hope to go back agian. Only issue we had were completely out of control of the campground... the black flys got our dogs pretty good. Make sure to take bug spray for you and for the dogs.

Room Tip: Just tell the front desk what kind of sight you want (issolated, waterfront, woods, close to the sho...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Owner_CNC, Owner at Crawford Notch General Store and Campground, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We are so pleased to hear that you and your dogs enjoyed your stay! Bug repellent is good advise when camping in the White Mountains! Come see us again!
Scotch Plains, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family and I have just returned home from a week at this camp ground. We had a great time and the staff was very helpful. Our site was 104, the only issue is the distance from the bathhouse. Overall we enjoyed our stay, and we would recommend this campground. The location is perfect for all you want to do in the area. We had a short drive to all the great hiking spots.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you taking the time write this review. Glad to hear you enjoyed all the beauty and hikes here in Crawford Notch!

Been to Crawford Notch General Store and Campground? Share your experiences!