“My favorite campground!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crawford Notch General Store and Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Twin Mountain
Crawford Notch General Store and Campground
You added Crawford Notch General Store and Campground to your Saves list
1138 US Route 302, Harts Location, Twin Mountain, NH 03812   |
Bartlett, New Hampshire, United States
“My favorite campground!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have always camped all my life in all different campgrounds all over New England and this by far is my favorite campground ever. It has river front sites and each site is secluded. The feel of being in the woods in New Hampshire is just awesome. You don't feel like you are camping with others next to you, it feels like you have your own space. We loved it so much we go back every year, sometimes a couple times a year. Now we live in Bartlett (10 minutes away) and we still go there. We have stayed in the cabins with heat in the late fall too. They are right on the Sacco River. Not only do I love to play in the river, but I love to sleep to the sound of it running right next to our tent. Oh and I have to say the clean bath houses are a very important asset.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Owner_CNC, Owner at Crawford Notch General Store and Campground, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
What kind words! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your sincere thoughts. We strive to ensure our guests' stay is comfortable and relaxing! Come visit us again soon and enjoy the beauty here in the White Mountains!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Nottingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We booked 3 nights at the campground during our honeymoon in New England (we are from the UK). We had cabin number 2. It is as you would expect, very basic, but had a fridge and heater and comfortable bed. Cooking was done on the fire pit grill, bundles of wood from the store $5. We had a lovely time and did the Arethusa Falls hike, worth the effort! The trail through the site was lovely, especially as there were very few people camping.The chap in the store was very laid back but helpful, we had no problem with the staff whilst we were there. There are a couple of tips I will pass on- the cabin door and screen door do not meet the floor so do not leave any food items out on your counter that will appeal to chipmunks! Even if it is wrapped, in a bag or box! We had a few visits from them during our stay! Lesson learned. Also, the showers are nice and hot, you will need about 50 cents for a good shower. During our stay we were about the only people there (in between seasons which was nice for us to have the place to ourselves) so the hot water needed a bit of encouragement - if you ever find yourself in this situation, run the sink taps until you get hot water otherwise you will waste your first dollar on cold water in the shower. The river is quite stunning, as is the scenery all around this area. We enjoyed our adventure and have happy memories of Crawford Notch.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dakota Dunes, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have camped here twice and we just love it! The first time we stayed over the summer. We didn't get a site on the water but we stayed close so we just had to walk down the road to it. The kids had a lot of fun swimming and looking for rocks. The second time we stayed in the fall and we did get a water front site. It was A-MAZING! We were in the trees but had a clear view of the river and the mountain, just beautiful! The sites are an average size with a picnic table and a fire ring with grill. There are porta potties all over so you don't have to walk too far and then there are nicer restrooms up by the general store. They are in a building and have showers. I believe it is 75 cents for 10 minutes (can't remember exactly). I don't normally shower when I camp but I did this last time and it was fine. Clean shower and warm water. The general store has all the basics you might need. The views are spectacular and it is close to lots of trails. Also, it is gated so people can't just come in and out, you have to have a pass. And no one is allowed in after 10pm so there isn't traffic in and out of the campground. We love camping here and can't wait to go again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed the beginning of August this summer with our 2 children ages 3 and 15 months. I am not going to lie I am not a "big camper" but wanted the experience for the kids so we stayed in a cabin. I have to say that it was so relaxing and quiet and the fresh air put the kids to sleep early-great family time! One of the days we went to storyland and another we went shopping, we were in the perfect location! Grocery store close by if you forget anything too (Like I always seem to do). The river was perfect for the kids to splash around in! I LOVED the beach sites, they were soooo beautiful that I think they would be worth doing the "tent camping" next time! We will be going again for sure! Also, I have to disagree with William R, the staff was nothing but friendly and accomodating to me and my family! Thank you everyone at the crawford notch campground for helping us make great memories! Lastly, I have to note that the bathrooms were extremely clean as well!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Our experience was enjoyable from start to finish...planning to go back for foliage season. Family campground, friendly and helpful staff, impeccibly kept, clean. Plenty to do for all ages. Hiked popular Arathusa water fall and Storyland one day (short drive away). Sites are spacious...book early to be on the river...best sites. Policies are fair and posted on website...be prepared, especially for weather, for an enjoyable experience. Back to nature outdoor camping. Bring your camera!

• Stayed September 2012
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have never have been a camper until me and my family stayed here. We have been camping at crawford notch campground for over 5 years now and we absolutely love the place. The staff in the store and campground are very friendly and helpful. The bathhouse is very clean. The river is gorgeous. The views are gorgeous. The hiking is fun and family friendly. You cant rely on New England weather but, rain or shine there is always something to keep up busy in the campground or around town. I would highly recommend this campground to everyone with kids or no kids. You wont be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed two nights. Site OK, but staff unfriendly especially the male member (another review called him a p**** which is appropriate) and shouldnt be let near the paying public. The site was in the middle of an E Coli infestation and boiled water advisory that was kept under the wraps and obviously not getting fixed and caused a major shut down of all facilities without notice on the 28th and left no real alternate facilities available and all the staff left at 8 PM to avoid responsibility. On the previous and the next day the showers were cold although they had the effrontery to charge extra although the site fees are v healthy. I have had a jippy stomach since getting home. I would stay away based on health risks alone and avoid the abuse that the staff hand out and the unhealthy poor facilities. The state parks that dont offer much but are far better value for money. Next to worst site stayed at in 28 days on the road.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Crawford Notch General Store and Campground? Share your experiences!