“Sad to be forced into a negative review-” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
durham, nh
“Sad to be forced into a negative review-”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I've gone to the Tilt-N diner occasionally for a number of years. Always a fun atmosphere, decent food and competitive prices. Unfortunately, the past two times I've visited have been sadly lacking in the quality of the food. I ordered the special of the day for Monday - fried chicken - and it definitely had to have been cooked hours or even days earlier. Aside from the size (I didn't realize they slaughtered chickens that small!), the meat was terribly over-cooked, terribly dry & tough, the batter a thin tasteless mass on the outside. I should have sent it back, but was feeling rushed since I was running late. I do have to say the potatoes and squash were both good, but to ruin the title item for the special of the day is just wrong! I hope they don't continue to slide down in quality.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

New York
“Great food, fun atmosphere, wonderful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We ate here on whim, it was near our hotel.....what a find. We all had the clam chowder which was a meal in itself! Fantastic! Staff was so nice and the atmosphere really cute. When we're in town we'll eat there again!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ipswich, Massachusetts
“Never a disappointment!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

There are so many great things to choose from but some of our favorites include the Shepherd's Pie.....Meatloaf.....Reuben sandwich....and the classic macaroni and cheese. Pace yourself so that you can save room for dessert because if you think their meals are great then you wil LOVE their desserts. The grasshopper pie and toll house pie are always a hit. Enjoy! P.S. They now take credit cards!

Rochester, New Hampshire
“Valentines day at the Tilt'n Diner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

What a great lunch !!! I got the Pastrami Ruben with sweet potato fries and my husband got the cheeseburger club with onion rings! We mix and match our lunches and were very impressed by both! The server was awesome and even presented me with a carnation and some Hershey kisses with the bill to celebrate the holiday! We had a great time, left very full, and satisfied.

New Hampton, New Hampshire
“Tilt'n Diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Good choices on a large menu. Service is excellent with a pleasant wait staff. Located right off exit 20 of I-93. Cruise nights are offered during mid-week during the summer.