“Very Nice. Would go again.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Tilton
Fredericton, NB
“Very Nice. Would go again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I travelled to New Hampshire to see our son play in a hockey tournament. The resorts were all booked up in Waterville Valley, so I made reservations in Tilton at the Hampton Inn & Suites.

Maybe I should get my one negative comment out of the way first thing. It wasn't an experience with the hotel, but with the 1-800 reservation people. Because my son's schedule kept changing, I tried to make changes to our reservation through the 1-800 line. I tried to change it from a Thursday arrival to a Friday arrival, but was told I could not do that because there was no availability... huh?

No luck with them. I tried the hotel directly and they could not have been more helpful. Especially Keith. When he made the changes for me, the reservation came back with changed rates. No problem, says Keith. I'll just make a note to honour your original rate. Keith was a breath of fresh air.

Anyway, the hotel itself is very well kept. It was built 4 years ago, but still seems brand new. Hampton employed an architect who gave a bit of thought to the layout of the building. the breakfast area was large and pleasant, the lobby was spacious... Even from outside as you walked in, it felt like you were entering a nice place.

The breakfast had hot and cold options which, in my opinion, were all above average. Belgian waffles, Omelettes (pre-prepared, but still fine), bacon, hashbrowns, oatmeal... you get the idea.

We never used the pool or hot tub, but I went and checked it out and they both seemed very nice and clean with large windows letting in lots of light. There was even a chair for lifting people in and out of the pool who wouldn't otherwise be able to partake.

The room was nice and clean. The duvet covers are changed between guests which is nice. The flat screen TV actually showed HD channels!

There is outlet shopping 2 minutes down the road, if that is of interest to you.

Like I said at the start... nothing bad to say about this place. If we are in the area again, we will stay here.

We got a rate of

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stay here as an alternative to the more expensive resorts on the lake. Found the facility clean, modern with no frills but had all the basics. Good breakfast buffet. Near all attractions. Good value for the money. Great for a family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ghent, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stay at the Hilton brand Hotels around 35+ time a year and this one is very nice as is most Hilton Hotels. Staff was professional and curtious. Breakfast was good too. No worry about parking your bike either, it's a safe place. Looking forward to staying here again during Bike week in 2013. It's located about 20 min. from weirs beach(where bike week takes place).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Everett, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

This hotel was the closest available to the concert. It was an overall good stay. Everything was clean and the workers were very nice. However, check-in time was late and when asking for an early check-in they kept giving me the run around. When I got there and a lady walked me to the room she said, "hold on let me check it, no one was in this room last night". They told me they were completely book the night before that was why they couldn't let me check-in. BUT other than that it was a clean, nice hotel. Good continental breakfast, and fast checkout. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Chose the king for me and my friend on the first floor, very quiet and huge.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for bike week. Staff was nice. Had a great choice for breakfast. Rooms were clean. Just stay away from rooms that end in 13 (113,213) they are next to elevator.

• Stayed June 2012
Sherbrooke, Québec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We booked an Hampton Inn thinking it was in Tilton during the Bike week. Turns out, we booked 100 miles from there. duh. The staff was extremely helpful and cancelling our reservation and avoiding all costs. Rooms are very clean and spacious, staff is friendly and rates are reasonable. Thank you to David who went out of his way to help us.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Woburn, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn over Memorial weekend. I would like to say first that the rooms are very clean and comfortable.Upon check-in I was greeted by Amanda? she was very friendly and knew the area well for it was raining and we needed something to do with the kids.The breakfast was delicious and offered hot items as well. We come to Tilton frequently and know were we will be satying for future visits. I would like to thank all the staff for making me feel like I was at home :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
DSabadis, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Tilton, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you Samantha for being our guest and for taking the time to write a review about us. We are happy to hear that we were able to make your stay a pleasant one and we look forward to seeing you and your family again. Hopefully next time you are in the area the weather will be better so we can recommend other fun things to do.

Best regards,
Diana Sabadis - director of sales

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Tilton? Share your experiences!