“Fabulous cheeseburgers and a view of the harbor” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Pub, Bistro
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Wilton, Connecticut
“Fabulous cheeseburgers and a view of the harbor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

The Anchorage is one of Sunapee Harbors few restaurants and offers simple fare cooked well if you use common sense. The burgers are great with lots of options for toppings and the fries and sweet potato fries delicious. The lobster roll was mediocre and the rib eye steak was probably not the thing to order at this restaurant but the tequila line chicken was delicious!

Boston
“Late lunch ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Two 1/2 hour meal but almost all of it was waiting- first for a table, then for the food. Which was mediocre at best. Wait staff was doing their best and clearly the problem was in the kitchen. I would not recommend this restaurant.

Londonderry, United States
“Tourist trap; great view but food & service are horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We waited 1 hr 15 minutes to have lunch outside (though the hostess estimated it would only be 35-45 minutes). My husband had the cajun catfish sandwich which he said was fair.. all bread and very little fish. The bigger disappointment was the JUMBO BAKED POTATO I ordered. It was described to be "A colossal baked potato loaded with fresh seasonal veggies sauteed in olive oil with garlic & fresh herbs." It comes with a small side salad for $12. I decided to have it topped with chicken for an additional $5. This was the worst $17 meal I ever had in terms of value, quality, etc. You could hardly even see the vegetables or distinguish what they were. The chicken was also dry but I was so hungry at that point, I simply ate it. The waitress did not come back to check on us until we were done eating. When she finally did, I complained about my meal. She took it upon herself to bring me a dessert I didn't want to try to smooth things over. If she/they had their act together, they would have comped the meal or at least asked me my choice of a free dessert. We'll NEVER go here again and we suggest you don't either.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Woodstock, Vermont
“Ok, nice view of harbor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Stopped by for a drink and an appetizer. As you approach the front door there is a wonderful little alcove in the sidewalk overlooking the harbor and in the alcove a little white table with four or five chairs around it. My wife sat down and our intent was to have a drink and an appetizer. When I went in to order I was told that they couldn't serve any food or beverage out there. That was a disappointment, so we headed for the screened-in lakeside porch. A waitress told us rather abruptly that we had to order food if we were going out there. At the same time I saw a little sign near the porch door that said that during high traffic times with heavy meal trade, patrons would have to order food if sitting on the porch. That made sense to me, however, there were few people in the restaurant when we were there and it was an hour or two before dinner time. Anyway, we had planned on an appetizer and apparently that qualified. We ordered a quesadilla which came out fairly quickly and was really good. Crisp tortilla filled with vegetables and cheese.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Horrible bar staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

The bartenders are far more interested in getting involved in patrons' personal lives than actually doing their job. They were rude and completely out of line. Honestly they should not even be allowed behind the bar or in the establishment in general.

• Visited May 2014