“Cafe Andre - A Little Local Secret !!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Brooksville, FL
“Cafe Andre - A Little Local Secret !!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have to share with you all, a Little Local secret called Cafe Andre. This rustic little Cafe has the Best Food, Custom Made to Order by Chef Andre. Everything is made Fresh !
Andre whipped me up a Fettecini Alfredo Laced with a Tomatoe Sauce that was So Delicious, along with a Garden Salad of Fresh Veggies and a Razz-Berry Vinegret. Topped off with Andre's Own Oven Baked French Bread. If you call ahead (approx. 1 hr.) to let them know that you are coming , Andre will have his Homemade French Bread Baked and Ready for You When You Arrive!
My meal was So Good, I brought my Doggie Bag home and finished it all before I went to bed !
Please Don't miss out on Mary's Deserts ! Her recipes have been handed down from Generations of Desert Bakers. Please try Mary's CheeseCake with Fresh Strawberries. It's Absolutely Scrumptuous !!!! Any Local in the Cafe will tell you that Mary's CheeseCake Is The Best !
On Wed. Nights, Cafe Andre has Live Entertainment / Music. So I suggest that you Stop In and Unwind, Enjoy a Great Meal, Great Deserts, Play a game of PooL, Enjoy the Live Music, and have some Laughs with The Locals !!!!
This Rustic Little Cafe is only a 2 person operation So, Remember to Call Ahead to give Mary and Chef Andre time to prepare a Delicious Custom Made Dinner and to get the French Bread Baking, Just For You !!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sunapee, NH
“Don't let the bathroom floor fool you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

In response to the following post after this one, yes the building is in bad shape but the bread tasted good because it is good. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the food but I've never had a bad meal there and I've had, literally, over 100 meals there.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
USA
“When the floor of the ladies toilet is squishy, rotten, you know it's bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My title says it all. In addition to the rotten floor, with the toilet angled at a 37% angle, the chef was hammered. The bread took forever to arrive and I suspect tasted good because I was so hungry. When the main course finally arrived, it was so unappealing looking... cafetaria style ice cream scoop of mashed potatoes!!!!!!, plus all the vegtables covered in some sauce. I will never go there again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Auburn MA
“Extremely Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My sister and I stopped in last month to eat, and had not made reservations, but were seated nonetheless. No one else was there but for us - I thought it was because it was so early. I was wrong. We could hear the chef yelling in the kitchen about how we didn't have reservations and shouldn't have been seated in the first place. Yelling! I went to the ladies room after we ordered and it must have been 40 degress in there - and it was filthy. The food was not as great as everyone raves about on this page. The sauce was very heavy and old fashioned, the meat was not cooked to our request, and the vegetables were cold. Dessert tasted like a Betty Crocker mix. We won't be back, nor will we ever recommend the place. Unless you don't mind bad food, a freezing toilet seat and a screaming chef...

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sunapee, New Hampshire
“Best Chef in the Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Andre will delight you with his creations. Venue could stand some tuning up but the food is great. He gets his food fresh and can offer the clients one of the best creations in the area.

Visited June 2012