“The Perfect Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunapee Harbor Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sunapee
Sunapee Harbor Cottages
You added Sunapee Harbor Cottages to your Saves list
4 Lake Avenue, Sunapee Harbor, Sunapee, NH 03782   |
“The Perfect Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2015

Where do I start? Our stay was as close to "Perfect" as you can get.
Clean and cozy; Modern with a touch of nostalgia. The cottages recently went through some renovations and they are all in great condition. The owner, Maria, is very sweet and down to earth. This up-to-date vacation stay is the perfect place to take your family, or in my case, a romantic getaway.

If you have ever been to Sunapee, NH, then you know how great it is. Sunapee Harbor Cottages are located right in the harbor - just steps away from the water and less than 5 minutes from Mt. Sunapee Ski resort. A guide book left in the cottage will tell you about all of the restaurants and attractions in the area. This place is QUALITY and at a reasonable price.

Don't know what else to say... But I WILL be visiting again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

i just recently visited the cottages about a month ago visiting a friend of mine and i couldn't have been more impressed. The town itself was very relaxing and I found the residents very friendly and happy to talk about the place they reside. Now for the cottages itself, its very cozy, very clean, spacious and comfortable. i had everything i needed. the service was wonderful, the owners of the cottage were very engaging and helpful. They gave me recommendations on restaurants in the surrounding towns as well as locally and were very attentive to any needs that i may have had which was not many. i would say this a very good couples retreat or if you have a small family. its definitely a place to visit in the summer time when more restaurants are open but overall i would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking an relaxing time and wonderful scenery. also, the scenery from the cottages is just simply amazing!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

Staying at Sunapee Harbor Cottages was an absolutely fantastic experience!

My girlfriend and I decided to get away from the city for the weekend and go on our own little vacation to New Hampshire. Not only did we have a wonderful time in the quaint town of Sunapee, but staying at the Sunapee Harbor Cottages really made our trip memorable.

Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly by the owners and a cute little dog. Although we arrived later in the evening, we were welcomed with smiles and open arms.

Once we opened the door to our cottage, I instantly knew that this was going to be a trip to remember. The toasty fireplace, spotless rooms, and comfortable bed created the perfect atmosphere for our romantic getaway.

After a great nights rest, we looked out the window to see colorful foliage, and a terrific view. The town was full of great shops and restaurants. Lake Sunapee was crystal clear. I could have spent all day watching the boats sail in and out of the harbor.

We had an overall great stay, and the new owners made sure we had everything that we needed. We will definitely be coming back here in the near future and recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing weekend with friends or family.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Fall River, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

First let me say that the good far outweighed the bad and based on all these great reviews I hate to be a stick in the mud but my stay was not without some hiccups and I must be honest. First the good, the location was absolutely fantastic. The cottages are located right in a little harbor that is something out of a Robert Frost poem. The cottages are clean, quiet, very nicely decorated inside, and have grills to use on the porch which is a nice touch.

Now the but. For a price approaching $200 a night and beyond, there are some things that one would expect to be a bit better. For example, the beds are extremely hard and the bedding is not the most comfortable. The bedding is comparable to what you would get in grandma's third bedroom. Second, the days of the tube television are long gone and although I realize you are not there to watch TV, many people still watch TV before hitting the hay and for the price you would expect a flat screen TV and not a 15" tube TV.

Lastly, was my biggest issue. The in-room guide identified the wi-fi network to connect to however there was no such network to be found. I tried calling the front desk to figure out how to connect and got no answer. So I then tried emailing the front desk however got no response.

These are the little things that can drive you crazy. It is such a nice place yet they can't seem to get the little details correct that make the difference between a 5 star review and a 3 star review, Everything else was nice, I just think that for that kind of money per night, these are the things you have to get right.

Room Tip: Wi-fi was free however I could not connect over a two-night stay. (See comments above)
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
mrobins61, Owner at Sunapee Harbor Cottages, responded to this review, October 16, 2014
Thanks for the review. We really appreciate your input. As new owners beginning this summer season we are relying on our guests input to make the necessary improvements to our cottages. In fact we are in the process of upgrading all of the things that you've mentioned in your review. New flat screen televisions, upgrading all of the bedding and resolving the inconsistent wifi signal are at the top of our list. We have already improved some of the amenities such as upgrading the coffee in your cottage to Starbucks brand and providing luxurious soaps, lotions, shampoos and conditioners. Keep the suggestions coming. Thanks. Maria
Salem, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

I echo the previous reviews, the cottage was clean, cozy and spacious. I loved that there is an upstairs and downstairs. We explored the Sunapee area during the day and looked forward to returning to the cottage in the evening to relax. Maria, the owner, is very personable and informative. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Milford, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

We really enjoyed our overnight stay in one of the cottages. It was just as expected an then some. The new owners were really nice personable people, really wanting our experience to be the best it could be. Cottage was really cute a had everything you need for comfort, including a gas fireplace and a gas grill on the porch, you can tell everything has been recently renovated, and done nicely. It is the ultimate location in the harbor, and we got lucky there was a Chowder festival in the harbor during our stay which was the perfect ending. The weather was awesome which we already knew would be and was why we made this a last minute adventure with our boat and probably the last of the season. We've been to the harbor before but this was our first chance to spend the night, was so worth it and we came in the off season end of Sept. crowds were gone, very peaceful and tranquil. It was gorgeous in the morning with the fog lifting and the sun catching the foliage in the trees over the water, something you can only see with an overnight stay. We wish the new owners much success with the Cottages, and hopefully they'll be one available next summer for a return visit, but there aren't many so if we don't get that lucky, we'll never forget this chance we got.

Room Tip: The only tip I have is Cottage 6 would be the only one with a chance for a real water view.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Woodbury, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2014

Stayed at Sunapee Harbor while on a business trip and it was by far the most relaxing and comfortable stay I have ever while on a work trip. The bed was very comfortable and pillows were truly amazing. Every last detail inside and outside of the cottage was immaculate, clean and cozy. The porch in the front was the perfect place for me to some work and the internet reached as far as I needed it to go. I have stayed all over New Hampshire and the New England and will put the cottages at the top of my list of places to return with my extended family.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Been to Sunapee Harbor Cottages? Share your experiences!