“A Perfect Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Victorian on Sunset Hill

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sugar Hill
The Victorian on Sunset Hill
You added The Victorian on Sunset Hill to your Saves list
122 Sunset Hill Road, Sugar Hill, NH 03586   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Sugar Hill B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“A Perfect Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed here for our wedding anniversary over Memorial Day weekend. I can't say enough good things about this B&B. The house is absolutely beautiful: tastefully decorated throughout, sumptuous furniture, attention to detail is everywhere. Rooms are immaculate. We stayed in the sunrise king on the third floor. This room is definitely worth the extra $. The views of Franconia Notch from your balcony are unbelievable! When we arrived to check-in, we were greeted warmly by the innkeeper and treated to a platter of cookies, tea, and coffee that we enjoyed on our private balcony looking out over the mountains. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. The innkeeper asked ahead of time when we preferred to eat and was gracious enough to serve us early so we could get started on our day of hiking. Sugar Hill is charming, full of country charm. Go in late May, early June for the fields of lupine (purple wildflowers). They're everywhere but some of the largest concentrations are also viewable from your room! My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer. If you're exploring the Franconia Notch area, this B&B makes a perfect base and offers superior quality and scenery to places closer to I-93.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

This is definitely the B&B to stay at in the White Mountains! We were so impressed with how beautifully decorated the large victorian-style house was, and how absolutely stunning the views were. The breakfast was delicious, gourmet, and more food that we could ever imagine. John and Nancy were so hospitable and we just loved chatting with them over breakfast in the morning. This B&B is much classier and well-appointed than the others we've viewed in the area.

Room Tip: The views in the front of the house (of the White Mountains) was stunning! If you can, ask for the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

The pictures on the website of this B&B don't do it justice. The location is fabulous and the house is simply beautiful. My boyfriend and I stayed there in the Fall and could not believe the hospitality of our hosts. John and Nancy made us feel so welcome and comfortable. We will definitley be going back in the future. The attention to detail is extraordinary- from the decor, right down to the breakfast. The sunrise from the third floor king room was to die for. I highly recommend this B&B to anyone who likes to spoil themselves a bit...it is well worth the price!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

My girl friend and I try to make it to 2-3 B&Bs per year so we have a good set of expectations in a B&B. Although we've had good experiences no B&B has hit every expectation, until now...

- Cleanliness: I wish I kept my house this clean. The owners are extremely picky about cleanliness which keeps the place in like new condition. Seriously, you'll have a hard time finding dirt anywhere.

- Food: I like more than the typical scrambled egg type breakfasts that you could cook yourself. At the same time, I like enough to fill me up. This place hit both those requirements on the head. An amazing eggs benedict greeted me with amazing sides. Note that I could not finish my food due to the abundance.

- Rooms: Stayed in the 3rd floor king room and it was spectacular. The interior design was modern yet full of personality. The beds were the best that I've slept on in a B&B. This place does not cheap out on anything.

- Hospitality: To me, this separates a B&B from a normal hotel. However, at the extremely large B&Bs you'll never speak to the owners until you pay and leave. John and Nancy greeted us every time we left and returned from out outings. They also provided afternoon snacks and gave great area recommendations.

Location: They don't call the road Sunset Hill for nothing. This is the highest elevated B&B in Sugar Hill and you can catch spectacular sun rises.

Price: The rooms are a little more expensive than some of the other B&Bs but it is definitely worth it. Everything is high quality so you'll eat and sleep like kings.

Conclusion: This is the best B&B in Sugar Hill. Wished I had found it earlier.

Room Tip: 3rd Floor King bedroom with Balcony is perfect for sun rises.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Extremely clean
Extremely nice
Comfortable beds
Extremely hospitable Inn keepers
Excellent value
What else needs to be said?

We actually did an internet search for this inn and it didn't even come up in the search. While driving around in the area (still w/o a reservation) we saw this inn and called to see if they had any vacancy because it looked wonderful from the outside. They did and how happy we were that they did. They offered an incredibly fair rate for the area and time of year. We were offered wine and cheese after our day of exploring and the views from the inn are better than any I have seen in the entire state. This place is a hidden gem and the kindness and hospitality of the inn keepers (john & nancy) was the icing on the cake! Would reccomend this inn to anyone. -brian

Room Tip: they are all nice. king bedrooms are bigger.
Watertown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

This amazingly wonderful place is a FIND -- don't miss your opportunity to enjoy the very gracious hostessing of the innkeepers who tend this place with creativity and loving care. The view is unmatched...from the back of the house a panoramic view of the Green Mountains and from the front, a panoramic view of the White Mountains....I'm not exaggerating....Absolutely delicious breakfasts, homemade cookies in the afternoon....all of the interior details are handled perfectly. We were so blessed to spend a weekend here....can't recommend it highly enough....We were here in peak foliage, and hope to come back to see it in another season. So peaceful on the balcony at night that I could actually hear leaves falling down through the trees! -- Thanks John and Nancy for creating such a haven....Monica and Jay

Room Tip: We had the back room with a balcony....it was so beautiful and peaceful....
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

My husband and I just got back from three nights at the Victorian on Sunset Hill - it was not long enough! The photos show you that this property is extremely beautiful with immaculate grounds and outstanding views but the pictures can't hold a candle to what you'll truly see and experience. Each room of the Victorian is perfectly appointed and as comfortable as can be. Inside and out you're surrounded by beauty. All that plus sincerely warm and welcoming hosts - John and Nancy. They cannot do enough to ensure your comfort and enjoyment. Finally the breakfast is fantastic every morning - served in style with pleasant company and conversation. We cannot wait to go back. The Victorian was recommended by a colleague that described it in very positive terms and yet everything exceeded our expectations by far. The Victorian and John & Nancy are leagues above the rest!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Victorian on Sunset Hill? Share your experiences!