“Pet Friendly & Good for a night or two. ” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Salem
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Red Roof Lane, Salem, NH 03079   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Salem
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Pet Friendly & Good for a night or two. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Booked a room here initially because they were pet friendly.

The rooms were clean (except my wife did notice a stain or two on the bedspread) but other than that, we had a nice nights rest there.

We also enjoyed the abundance of Doggy Doo bags located on the property. It's secluded and fenced in enough that we were able to walk our Pup without any worry.

The lobby coffee is good and so is the front desk staff. We'll most likely book again if we're going through Salem.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you very much for your recent review of Red Roof Inn Salem. Glad you enjoyed your stay and also glad you little friend enjoyed as well. I will make sure to share your comments with the entire staff so that we may better serve you your next stay.
Thanks again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Salem, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The inn had a tough winter. At its worst, there was more than ten feet of snow in the parking lot, but they always kept the snow off the walk. There was no danger that we older folks would slip and fall.

When spring game, the grass was neat and the tulips came up. This hotel has the best landscaping of any hotel I can afford.

It's hard to make up every bed exactly right, fluff up the pillows, hang the towels, and line up the soap just so, day after day. When housekeepers look at the flowers and the grass, however, they're reminded that the manager cares a great deal. Working in a pleasant place helps them care, and makes my stay better.

Room Tip: They've all been recently renovated.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
szagzoug, Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments about your stay at Red Roof Inn Salem. The recently renovated rooms show the detail we go to satisfy our guests. We listen and act, Salem has just added new desk lamps to all of its rooms for better lighting ( a guest suggestion )We added extra outlets to all the rooms ( another guest suggestion ) The service and quality focus has never been more apparent. We want to be your first choice in lodging ALWAY'S. Thank you once again and I will be sure to show the staff your comments and tell the to keep it up.
Round Rock, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Room was OK but clientele are suspect! Probably about right for the price of this place. Awoken around midnight by fist fight in next room and it continued until about 3 AM when the police finally showed up. Never really did get back to sleep. Upon check out at 6 AM front desk could have cared less and didn't even know they had police on property more than once that night. Pay a few bucks more and get a good nights sleep and feel safe!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
I am very sorry about the noise from the other room near you. I ask if you called the front desk to alert them of the situation? I can assure you we care for and take the safety and comfort of our guests very seriously, I will do a complete investigation on this and correct any and all issues that were not handled correctly. I would like for you to contact me so that we may discuss the matter further. I do hope you give Red Roof Inn Salem another try, We work hard to give great service and quality to all of our guests and I feel we let you down on this occasion.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We were greatly welcomed by that staff at the frontdesk with complimentary water (I love free stuff). Rooms were clean, safe was free (as far as I am concerned), only downside was that the bathroom still smelled cigarette. Free coffee in the morning is appreciated and cleaning lady did her job pretty well. For 100$ bucks a night it is a no-brainer.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thank you for your review. We know you have many choices when traveling and hope you choose us every time your in the area. I will share your comments with the staff so we can do a better job in the bathroom and focus on cigarette smell unfortunately some of our guest have smoked in our non smoking rooms. Please come back our friendly staff is waiting to give you great service again!
North Bergen, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I stayed at this hotel before cause it was cheap. The rooms were really small and although they say the rooms are non smoking they all smell like cigarettes. What bothered me the most of this place was this safe charge that they force on you even though it's an option. They say they have to charge this? The people that work there act like this is standard in every hotel. The place outside is dilapidated and it looks like a dirt bag convention is always in town cause there's always a group of people drinking in the parking lot. Pretty shady place, never again. The GM is clueless and defends his safe charge even at the cost of a customer. Stay away from this place. I got a room at La Quinta across the way for the same price and night and day. I will never stay at a Red Roof inn again cause of this nasty place

Room Tip: There are so many better places right around this are for the same price and they are safer. This p...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
I am very sorry you feel this why about Red Roof Inn Salem after our numerous emails back and forth I feel I have not explained myself clear enough for you. I assure you the safe was never charged to you.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Stephanie,the woman with short blond hair/glasses(forgot name-sorry) and girl who works front desk & cleans rooms(forgot name also) are by far the best Red Roof Inn staff I have ever come accross. Made my stay comfortable and uneventful. The owner of this property certainly should be made aware of these valuable assets he has. I am now a loyal customer to your property because of these fine ladies. M.L. Chicago,IL

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your glowing review of the staff, I will make sure they all see it!! I will work on the NHL channel for you. Please visit again real soon.
Nova Scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed here on a Friday evening. The hotel is easy to find and the exterior is kept nice. Check in was quick and easy. We stayed in room 104, ground level near the office. We could park outside the door. Our room was clean and quiet. Nice TV. I would prefer channels that carry NHL hockey. Other than that we checked out in the morning and I can say we were happy with everything. Good job to the folks at Red Roof Inn!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
I would like to take a moment to thank you for your very nice comments about our hotel. We do like our exterior to complement our newly renovated rooms. The TV's and extended HD cable package was a part of the newly renovated rooms, sorry you could not get the hockey game you were looking for. I do invite you to ask our staff on your next visit where the game you are looking for may be shown at one of the many local Sports bars or restaurants. We love our guests to leave happy! We also would like to invite you back while visiting in the area again.

Been to Red Roof Inn Salem? Share your experiences!