“Stephanie @ reception desk” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Salem
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Red Roof Lane, Salem, NH 03079   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Salem
Burlington, Vermont
“Stephanie @ reception desk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The room was suitable for our needs - good location, reasonable price, convenient parking, clean enough, and pet friendly.

What made me feel it was GREAT was the front desk persons. All three I had contact with were pleasant and competent. STEPHANIE in particular saved my day! I needed to know how to get to a drug store and also how to find two restaurants. I was tired and am terrible with directions. Stephanie took the time to really understand my needs and kindly and patiently showed me a map and even printed out directions to carefully explain where I was and the turns I had to take. I know I would have gotten lost without her special help. Thanks again Stephanie!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. It means a lot to the staff as well as myself to hear comments from our guests. You are correct in that we are very lucky to have staff like Stephanie working here. The staff as a team do a great job in service and its nice to that from our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Ripley, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed here in January while working on a local Job. The desk clerk was really, nice, even giving a treat to my dog, who was travelling with me at the time. Check in was a breeze and the first floor room I checked into was clean, well equipped with a microwave and fridge, and had an excellant AC/Heater Unit. You cant beat it for the rate they charged and it was right off the expressway.

I will stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. It means a lot to my staff and I to get feedback from guests. We love the furry friends and treats are always here for your next visit. Thanks again
Providence, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Upon attempting to check in I was notified that they were overbooked for the night and they had to make other reservations at another hotel for me. This news was pretty awkward since the shuttle driver was eating chips and drinking a soda on the corner of the check in desk next to me invading my privacy.

I was promised that I would be refunded for my trouble, and put up at the other hotel (Days Inn- Methuen) at no cost to me. I noticed that they only made accommodations for one of the two night stay which I booked and went back in they said they could attempt to find a room at the inn for me. After I felt I was being made a spectacle of and having a woman behind the desk suggest I "don't take this out" on my husband and "ruin his night" I was not comfortable staying in this hotel. I was upset with the fact that I was running late for all my plans and they were inconveniencing me due to their overbooking. I was NOT upset with my husband. They said they could put us up at no cost to us for both days at the other hotel.

Unfortunately, I was never refunded my money, when we went to the other hotel the incompetent staff at the other establishment had no record of our reservation, and it took over 30 minutes to get this settled. During our 30 minute wait another customer was getting impatient and started screaming and causing a scene in the lobby.

After all this they put us in a disgusting smoking room with brown stains everywhere and filthy walls. My face swelled up from sleeping on the suspicious sheets. This whole situation was awful and now I have to deal with a credit card dispute for the accommodations which I didn't even get to stay in.

Please note they made I clear that they will not disclose over the phone when they overbook and are planning to move you somewhere else. All of this commotion and interruption ended up making me over an hour late for my plans. Awful!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
We as a company do try our best not to over book the property. I am very sorry this happened to you and assure you that we did credit back your stay to the third party web site you booked it through. Often takes some time with the third party booking sites to refund charges. I also hope you received a VIP pass good for any free night at any Red Roof Inn across the country. This was a hassle for you and I am sorry about that. Please know we tried very hard to find you accommodations that would be an upgrade such as free breakfast and a pool. Sounds as if service at that hotel was lacking and I again say sorry for that. Please know this is a very rare case and I am sure that is little consolation to you, however if you ever are in the area again please contact me and I will make sure you are well take care of.
Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn because I had an early flight out of Boston Logan the next morning and most other hotels closer to the airport were either fully booked or had exorbitant prices, due to the high demand. I booked the Red Roof Inn based on the positive reviews it got on Trip Advisor. The rooms are really nicely re-done and furnished. The room was clean. Note that there are no elevators, so guests with need for an elevator should book at room on the first floor. The hotel does not offer breakfast, only free coffee. But that is ok with me. The only issue I had is that the internet was very, very slow. I needed to email a file attachment of 5MB and it took for ever. I don't know if that is the case all the time or because the hotel was fully booked and too many people were using streaming video. Internet was slow in the evening as well as early morning (prior to 6am)

Room Tip: If you cannot walk stairs book a room on first floor. No elevators at this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We have great news about our internet, We will be upgrading our internet the end of October 2013 to better serve our guests. We welcome you back to check it out. Thanks again for taking the time to review the Sale Red Roof Inn.
Frankfurt, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The room was smelling quite badly. While it was declared as being a non-smoking room, it probably hadn't been at all times.

It was reasonably clean, but not perfectly so.

On checkin, I had to sign that there is an additional charge of 1.50$ for the safe deposit box, and that I could reclaim the money on checkout if I didn't use it. On checkout, the staff seemed to be surprised that I remembered the clause, but made no fuss about reimbursing the amount.

While it was acceptable to stay for one night, the combination of bad smell and the strange business practice of charging for the safe deposit box makes me rate it as below average.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We do offer the safe for your needs however we do not ask at check in if you have valuables for your privacy. We will refund any and all charges up to sixty days after check out. I am sorry that was not made clear at check in.
Meriden, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times in the past. It is a good place to stay when you are going to the races at Louden. Prices every year seem to go up but they are still much better then at any other race track that we go to. This hotel is very clean the service is very good Wi-Fi connection is also a good plus. The distance from this hotel to the track is about 45 minutes but for the price it is a good distance to travel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review! We enjoy our race guests every year and hopr you come back again and again. I will make sure the staff gets to see your review, it makes them very happy to see our guests comments.
Hudson, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Red Roof Inn is an amazing place to stay! The service was impeccable, the rooms were spotless, and the staff exceeded expectations. The staff and hotel went above and beyond to help families with anything they needed. One staff member in particular, Samantha, was so courteous and friendly, she even recommended restaurants and daycare facilities in the area. What a wonderful experience!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review! We love to here when we take care of our guests. I will be sure to share your review with the staff they take pride in great service. You are welcome back anytime you are in the area. Thanks again

Been to Red Roof Inn Salem? Share your experiences!