“Great value and price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Salem
Taunton, Massachusetts, United States
“Great value and price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My family has stayed at this hotel two years in a row when we went to Canobie Lake Park. The front desk woman (Doris) is always helpful and kind. Her great personality and helpfulness sets a good tone for the rest of your stay. The rooms were clean each time, the wifi worked for my children each year. The tv is now flat screen and husband liked that. The room was clean and no smell of smoke noted. Ice maker was in service. Parking was convenient to room. Would definitily stay again. The only downfall for some would be no pool.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your review, We know you have choices are are very happy your choice was to stay with us. Please know we take great pride in reviews such as this and I share with the entire staff to motivate them and show guests do go out of their way to thank us when the job is well done. Thanks again and see you soon.

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Nova Scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My son and I stayed here for an overnight stay. The property was well kept and clean and the parking lot afforded easy access to my room. The room was typical of what I come to expect from Red Roof Inns which is comfortable, clean and well kept. Tv was a 32" flat screen. I'd stay here again no problem. I would say that I would prefer the Red Roof Inn in Loudon area if I had my entire family with me. Just because it has a pool. Nevertheless, this was a great room priced right.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. We take pride in all we do and its nice to know our hard work doesn't go unnoticed. We know you have choices and are glad your choice was Red Roof Inn see you soon.
Helsinki, Finland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The banner on the front of the hotel read "100% Smoke Free!" and "Free Wi-Fi." Both of which were untrue!!!!! Even if they no longer allow guests to smoke in the room, the rooms wreaked of stale smoke indicating years and years of smokers in the room. We had two rooms, each looked like they had been recently remodeled and painted, however, the smell of smoke permeated in the walls, sheets and blankets. It was disgusting!!!!
Also, during our 3 night stay, the wi-fi never worked. Management blamed it on local outages, however, everywhere else we went worked fine.
When we mentioned to a server in a local restaurant where we were staying, the server responded, "That place has drug busts all the time." Which is not something you want to hear when you are traveling as a family.
If you are a smoker, or if stale smoke doesn't bother you, then go ahead and stay. Otherwise, there are alternatives in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry for the room smelling of smoke, we recently completed a full renovation including smoke remeadation in all smoking rooms this smell must have come from a recent stay. I will address this issue with the housekeeping staff and correct it. Please if you have any issue with us during your next visit please call the front desk and would be happy to move your room.

Travelers are raving about these Salem hotels

Attleboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had an event close to this hotel and the price was good. I like the newer rooms and wood floors are cleaner that carpet. The location is great. I stayed just about a week and had a problem when both the ice makers were out of ice at the same time. It was hotter that normal and all the rooms were looking for ice. This Inn should bring in another ice maker during July and August. I had a double room with a micro/fridge and both worked fine.
There was a problem with the front desk not crediting my credit card after I paid cash for my room. My credit card company had to call the Inn to get it corrected. I received an email from Steve the manager after it was all fixted, he said it should not happen again. I will stay at this one again.

Room Tip: All rooms are no smoking and have a great tv and wood floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you for your review. We take pride in our new product and guest reviews are the way we know if we are doing a good job, its nice to know our efforts are being noticed.
Hudson, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Salem for work recently and it was a great stay. The manager Steve was very accommodating and my room was extremely clean. Both of the front desk clerks I spoke with, Doris & Samantha, were also great. I had a superior king room that included a micro-fridge unit, a hair dryer, iron, ironing board, & coffee all at a price that can't be beat!

• Stayed August 2013
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review we take pride in our Inn and it shows. I will let the staff you mentioned know they continue to exceed our guests expectations. See you soon JK
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Second Red Roof Inn on our trip from Winnipeg to the East Coast. Since it was a one night stay, and just to sleep in, it was fine. Clean rooms (hardwood floors which made it feel cleaner too). Second floor walkup which was fine. Wifi for was was intermittant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for commenting on your stay, we do try to make sure all rooms are spotless!!! We love the new hardwood floors as well. Hope to see you soon for a return visit to our Inn..
florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Like the other reviewer who stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Salem on August 2, we were told there was no internet after we had checked in and went back to the office to see what the problem was when we could not get on line. The office staff was completely indifferent almost rude to our problem and said there had been no internet for two weeks. It would have been helpful to have this information prior to checking in folks. To the credit of the staff they cancelled our reservation for that night at our request and we moved to the Holiday Inn a few blocks away where we had a lovely upgraded room with working internet and a good dinner at the on site restaurant. In the future we will avoid the Red Roof Inn chain since they do not have their act together for travelers depending on the internet, and their staff could use a course in customer relations. With all the competition in hotels these days, we do have a choice.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
szagzoug, Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
I am very sorry we had these WiFi issues during you stay they were a bit of a hassel for us as well. We were waiting for a new part to arrive and we did have to wait two days. I hope you understand ever guest is important to us. We take these issue very seriously and made numurous calls to the service provide to get this resolved as soon as possiable. Thanks you for your comments and we will be working very hard to upgrade our WiFi for your next visit.

Been to Red Roof Inn Salem? Share your experiences!