“staff and Hotel outstanding!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Salem
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Red Roof Lane, Salem, NH 03079   |
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Salem
Saint Louis, Missouri
“staff and Hotel outstanding!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Steve (MGR), and Doris are most outstanding customer service that I have meet in years! Clean, Affordable, and Customer service Outstanding!! I travel with work at least 30 to 35 weeks a year. wjhen in area within 45 miles- 60 miles I will drive just to stay HERE!! It's that GOOD! All I have to say further is THANK YOU DORIS AND STEVE and even to all employees there. Good, Honest people are hard to find.. DORIS and Steve are KEEPERS!!! Thank You!!!
Roger and Rocket

Room Tip: See Doris (Cup Cake) (Steve (mgr) outstanding!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I want to take the time to thank you for your glowing review. Please note we are going to be renovated soon to better serve you and all your lodgeing needs.

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
augusta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

my second year staying at the Red Roof Inn and have already booked a return stay for next month. Staff are very helpful and even took the time to search for me to let me know I had left a light on in my car. There was some mild "wear and tear" of the room but over all fairly clean. Kudos to management for deciding to go smoke free in Jan. Good timing because I found a few burn holes in my bedspread. I hope the smoking section is across the parking lot because despite having a nonsmoking room the other guests were smoking outside of my room and it was filtering in. My room started to smell like I had been smoking.

Room Tip: they do not offer any breakfast food and there are no services near by. SUggest you bring a cooler w...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your review, I will share you comments with the staff. The whole staff here take a lot of pride in great service and quility and will be happy to know that our guests notice. Thanks once again and hope to see you soon here at Red Roof Inn Salem NH.
Danvers, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've stayed at the Salem Red Roof several times. My last stay I realized what a great deal this hotel offers. The price is reasonable, the front desk staff is consistently courteous freindly, and the rooms have been spotless every time I have stayed here. Amy, the front desk person when I checked in this stay always greets me with a smile. She remembered my room preference, what floor and building I preferred and checked me in in under five minutes. After a 15 hour day on the road, this is important to me as the last thing I need at that point in my day is an extended check in process. For the price, location and staff, you'd be crazy to stay elsewhere in Salem.

Room Tip: back side, back building - very quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Home is what we are going for!!! You have enough stress with the day to day stuf,f we try our best to get you to your room quickly so you can unwind from your busy day. Thank you also for commenting on our staff that don't always get complaments, they take pride in great customer service. See you soon and wecome home!!
oceanside, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This Red Roof was all you could want it to be - I highly recommend the little bit extra for the King room - wonderful amount of space to work in and move about - clean and up to date furnishing - perfectly comfortable and welcoming property! The staff was lovely.

Thank you for a lovely stay!

Room Tip: if you are tired, pay close attention to finding the entrance right at the light and quick right at...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review. The superior King is a great value with the little extras that make you stay that much more comfortable. I will let our staff see your review and let them know they are doing a great job taking care of our guests.
Southington, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Good:
Very inexpensive and very close to Canobie Lake Park. Clean, remodeled (but tiny) bathroom.
Flat screen TV (though no High-Def channels)

The Bad:
Front desk staff need training on how to run a hotel. Early arrivals are told that they need to come back after 2:000 to check in rather than being told the room is not ready and checking them in anyway.

The Ugly:
Crumbs in one bed and rice in another. Stained sheets, hard springy mattress. No hair dryer.
Sketchy clientele (but expected at this price point).

Conclusion:
For the money, I guess it was OK.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for writing this review. Sounds as if we did not handle your request for early check in as well as it could have been handled. I checked you resevation out to see if we could have helped you better, however we sold out the prior night and we were waiting for guests to check out so that we could clean your room for you. I agree could have been handled better. I would like you to know I will go over all of your concerns with the staff so that we may better serve you during your next visit. I would also like you to know we are going to be renovated very soon, Quility and Value are the focus. Thank you again for your review.

Travelers are raving about these Salem hotels

Burlington, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

A regular at Red Roofs, I know they are not upscale places, but I expect clean and quiet. Last two times here, I've had that. About 18 months ago, I had a terrible experience - at check-in, had to change rooms TWICE, one seemed like it had barely been cleaned since last use. I took photos and sent to manager. I must say, the response was GREAT. I was thanked for making the manger aware, a night was taken off my bill, and I was told to contact manager directly prior to next stay.Not surprisingly, the room was really good that time. I just went ahead and made the reservation without fanfare last time, and had another solid stay. So, it's going the right direction. DO know that this place is a bit isolated, with nothing nearby, especially later in the evening. But a couple of good local places for dinner and especially breakfast (Maddie's) about a mile's drive.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank You Mike R for your review of our Inn. I am glad we took care you and the issues you had in the past. I would like to let you know we are being remodeled very soon more value and new updates are the focus. We will also be 100% smoke free. Thank you once again and hope we can serve your lodging needs in the near furture.
Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I was looking for an inexpensive, budget hotel to stay at while in Salem and this Red Roof Inn is just what I expected. My room had a terrible musty smell that took days to air out to a level that was bearable. It was so strong, I had to hang out, every evening, at one of the many Dunkin Donuts shops with my laptop until it was late enabling me to fall quickly asleep when I re-entered my room. Next, large food crumbs remained under my bed evidently left behind by previous guests. However, it was very clear that effort was placed in upgrading the room. The bathroom had new flooring, paint, and shower insert. The room had a nice 32" flatscreen which was a nice touch. The vanity had a new granite counter top...along with the obligatory cigarette burn on the surface. (This suppose to be a non-smoking room.) The bed and bedding was low end but surprising comfortable. The pictures and mirrors were definitely upgrades. I really believe the owners are working to upgrade this property but, for me, it still missed the mark. Despite upgrades, I couldn't get past the odor. I couldn't wait to leave!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
I want to first apoligize for these issues here at Salem Red Roof Inn. We have an upcoming renovations that will address all these issues. The Salem Red Roof Inn will also be 100% non-smoking. We will work very hard to correct any and all issue between now and then. Thanks you once again for letting us know about your stay.

Been to Red Roof Inn Salem? Share your experiences!