“Happy there is a higher end affordable pet friendly hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Salem
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Red Roof Lane, Salem, NH 03079   |
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Salem
oceanside, ca
“Happy there is a higher end affordable pet friendly hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This Red Roof was all you could want it to be - I highly recommend the little bit extra for the King room - wonderful amount of space to work in and move about - clean and up to date furnishing - perfectly comfortable and welcoming property! The staff was lovely.

Thank you for a lovely stay!

Room Tip: if you are tired, pay close attention to finding the entrance right at the light and quick right at...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. The superior King is a great value with the little extras that make you stay that much more comfortable. I will let our staff see your review and let them know they are doing a great job taking care of our guests.

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Southington, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Good:
Very inexpensive and very close to Canobie Lake Park. Clean, remodeled (but tiny) bathroom.
Flat screen TV (though no High-Def channels)

The Bad:
Front desk staff need training on how to run a hotel. Early arrivals are told that they need to come back after 2:000 to check in rather than being told the room is not ready and checking them in anyway.

The Ugly:
Crumbs in one bed and rice in another. Stained sheets, hard springy mattress. No hair dryer.
Sketchy clientele (but expected at this price point).

Conclusion:
For the money, I guess it was OK.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for writing this review. Sounds as if we did not handle your request for early check in as well as it could have been handled. I checked you resevation out to see if we could have helped you better, however we sold out the prior night and we were waiting for guests to check out so that we could clean your room for you. I agree could have been handled better. I would like you to know I will go over all of your concerns with the staff so that we may better serve you during your next visit. I would also like you to know we are going to be renovated very soon, Quility and Value are the focus. Thank you again for your review.

Travelers are raving about these Salem hotels

Burlington, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

A regular at Red Roofs, I know they are not upscale places, but I expect clean and quiet. Last two times here, I've had that. About 18 months ago, I had a terrible experience - at check-in, had to change rooms TWICE, one seemed like it had barely been cleaned since last use. I took photos and sent to manager. I must say, the response was GREAT. I was thanked for making the manger aware, a night was taken off my bill, and I was told to contact manager directly prior to next stay.Not surprisingly, the room was really good that time. I just went ahead and made the reservation without fanfare last time, and had another solid stay. So, it's going the right direction. DO know that this place is a bit isolated, with nothing nearby, especially later in the evening. But a couple of good local places for dinner and especially breakfast (Maddie's) about a mile's drive.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank You Mike R for your review of our Inn. I am glad we took care you and the issues you had in the past. I would like to let you know we are being remodeled very soon more value and new updates are the focus. We will also be 100% smoke free. Thank you once again and hope we can serve your lodging needs in the near furture.
Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I was looking for an inexpensive, budget hotel to stay at while in Salem and this Red Roof Inn is just what I expected. My room had a terrible musty smell that took days to air out to a level that was bearable. It was so strong, I had to hang out, every evening, at one of the many Dunkin Donuts shops with my laptop until it was late enabling me to fall quickly asleep when I re-entered my room. Next, large food crumbs remained under my bed evidently left behind by previous guests. However, it was very clear that effort was placed in upgrading the room. The bathroom had new flooring, paint, and shower insert. The room had a nice 32" flatscreen which was a nice touch. The vanity had a new granite counter top...along with the obligatory cigarette burn on the surface. (This suppose to be a non-smoking room.) The bed and bedding was low end but surprising comfortable. The pictures and mirrors were definitely upgrades. I really believe the owners are working to upgrade this property but, for me, it still missed the mark. Despite upgrades, I couldn't get past the odor. I couldn't wait to leave!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
I want to first apoligize for these issues here at Salem Red Roof Inn. We have an upcoming renovations that will address all these issues. The Salem Red Roof Inn will also be 100% non-smoking. We will work very hard to correct any and all issue between now and then. Thanks you once again for letting us know about your stay.
Salem, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Salem NH. As well as the property and the room to be well kept and clean I found that the staff is the reason for a return visit. During my stay at the hotel my 2 year old daughter became sick . The employees Doris, Keira and Samantha went above and beyond to accommodate my daughter and myself. They made what was a bad experience to a very pleasant comfortable stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your daughter was not feeling well and that we we able to help as much as we could. I will let Doris, Kiera and Samantha know about how helpful they were to make your stay more comfortable for you and your daughter. I am very glad to have the staff who go above and beyond for the guests. We will be renovating soon and will be more than happy if you come by the next time that you are in Salem, NH and see the improvements that we have done. We have our RediCard program that you may be interested in. You can sign up for online or at any Red Roof and start earning free nights when you stay at any Red Roof. Once again, I want to thank you for your comments and I am glad that the staff was able to improve your experience with us.
Leicester, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This hotel was very nice. We were nervous because we were checking in at 10:30pm but we had no problems. Everything was very clean and very quiet. The staff were all very helpful and pleasant especially Amy and Doris. We would definetly stay again. Great hotel great price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. I will let Amy and Doris see your review they both take a lot of pride in giving great service! Just so you know we will be renovated soon so that we can better serve you when traveling to the Salem area. Check on line and sign up for our Redi-Card program and start earning free night at any Red Roof Inn. Thanks again for your kind words.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. Salem is located only about 45 minutes north of Boston, so if you're looking to save money while visiting the city or just passing through, I suggest staying here. Breakfast is not included at this particular hotel, so keep this in mind if that is something that is important.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments. We are conveniently located less than an hour away from Boston and right off of the highway. Making it a perfect location where you are close enough to any of the major cities but far enough away that you do not have the city prices. We are very close drive to a couple of great breakfast restaurants. If you were not able to visit any of them, I do hope that you give them a try the next time that you are in the area. We are having our rooms renovated this winter and would love for you to come by the next time that you are in the area and see our new rooms. Our RediCard program is another great plus if you are interested and you can start earning points immediately towards free nights. You can sign up and learn more about the program and what it has to offer online or at any Red Roof. Thank you again and I am pleased to hear about your stay with us.

Been to Red Roof Inn Salem? Share your experiences!