“Fine hotel in Salem, NH” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Salem
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Red Roof Lane, Salem, NH 03079   |
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Salem
Baltimore, Maryland
“Fine hotel in Salem, NH”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. Salem is located only about 45 minutes north of Boston, so if you're looking to save money while visiting the city or just passing through, I suggest staying here. Breakfast is not included at this particular hotel, so keep this in mind if that is something that is important.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are conveniently located less than an hour away from Boston and right off of the highway. Making it a perfect location where you are close enough to any of the major cities but far enough away that you do not have the city prices. We are very close drive to a couple of great breakfast restaurants. If you were not able to visit any of them, I do hope that you give them a try the next time that you are in the area. We are having our rooms renovated this winter and would love for you to come by the next time that you are in the area and see our new rooms. Our RediCard program is another great plus if you are interested and you can start earning points immediately towards free nights. You can sign up and learn more about the program and what it has to offer online or at any Red Roof. Thank you again and I am pleased to hear about your stay with us.

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Flin Flon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was a very nice Red Roof Inn. It was very modern. Our room had a very nice new flat screen TV; was clean and spacious. The front desk staff was very friendly. If you are on a budget I cannot imagine a better place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
szagzoug, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Salem, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We will be going through room renovations soon and the rooms will be updated even more than they alread are. I do hope that the next time that you are in the area, you will come by and see the changes that are done to the rooms. All of the staff members take great pride in their work. I will share your comments with them.

Once again, thank you and we hope to see you again!
Spencerport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had made 5 reservations, for 15 people and two dogs, months in advance, trying to confirm on-line using the confirmation numbers did not work. I had arrived ahead of the party and the desk clerk on duty, Amy, worked through the computer being down found all 5 reservations in the system and had everyone at ease. Thank You Amy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
LILLE, MAINE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This property continues to be my favorite place to stay when going to Boston. It was last reviewed on Nov. 27, 2009. I have yet to be disappointed after staying here over a dozen times in the past couple years. The rooms are always clean and comfortable and the staff will go out of their way to making my stay here stress-free. The addition of WiFi access in the rooms is greatly appreciated. This is the place to stay if you want an affordable room within an easy drive to Boston.

Room Tip: Rooms with a refrigerator and microwave command a slightly higher rate. A bus terminal abutting the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Nova Scotia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We have stayed at this Red Roof several times but this will be our last. I know the hotel is pet friendly and from past experience I made a request at time of booking for a room with no pet odours. Perhaps they read my request wrong since our room had a nice feline urine smell in the corner beside the TV cabinet. But this wasn't the worst part! The bathroom had been very poorly cleaned. When the bathroom door was closed behind it was plenty of dirt and plenty of little pieces of toilet paper....yuk!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Parsippany, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Since I'm away approx. 130 nights per year the combination of facility and service is important to me. Recently, I've added Red Roof Salem, NH as oneof my regular stops. The facility is always clean and lives up to my expectations. But, the main reason I go back, as frequently as I do, is the staff...especially Doris. She has a way of making me feel important and appreciated even when the facility is full and there are lots of guests that need attention. She is professional and competent and if I have a special request I know that Doris will take care of it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
North Kingstown Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The hotel was clean. Free WI-FI in rooms and a safe for which there is a charge.
BUT the towels were like sandpaper and the people at the desk did not know or care to share information about local restuarants. They did send a questionnaire the day after we stayed which I took the time to fill out and they sent a note of apology and told us they would take $20 off our bill for our inconvenience. I just wonder what they would do about the towels?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Red Roof Inn Salem? Share your experiences!