“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)

You added Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Keewaydin Drive, Salem, NH 03079   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Salem
Belchertown, Massachusetts, United States
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have 3 children under the age of 3 and can have our challenges at times (crying, yelling down hallways, unsettled at meals, etc.) and the staff and setup of the Holiday Inn Salem was able to accomodate us perfectly. The staff was friendly and helpful. The indoor and outdoor pools gave great options. The breakfast at the hotel was convenient and fairly priced. The adjacent restaurant was much the same. We were nervous about the noise that our young children would make and were pleasantly surprised that our neighbors could not hear them at night. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Only minutes away from Lake Canobie and many nearby playgrounds and parks. We can't wait to come back next year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jeff L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2), responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it allows us to improve the operation of the hotel which positively impacts future guests. I know how difficult traveling with a large family can be at times so I'm happy to hear that the hotel offered you what you needed to have an enjoyable and relaxing getaway. Having both the indoor and outdoor pool as well as two restaurants seem to be a great benefit for families with small children so I'm glad to hear that you found this to be the case. We are also fortunate to be located in such close proximity to Canobie Lake. We look forward to seeing you again next summer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Woodsville, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Salem. The ladies at the desk handled my reservation for three rooms with friendly pofessionalism. All the staff were friendly, the rooms were clean, and when called from the room, the front desk staff was both courteous and helpful! This is a great place to stay, and made for a perfect ending to a day that I had attended a wonderful wedding !
Having Margaraitaville attached was an added bonus!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Salem on Tripadvisor. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay while visiting for a wedding and that you found our staff to be friendly and courteous. I'm also pleased to hear that you found your room to be clean as our housekeeping staff works extremely hard to ensure that rooms are cleaned to a high standard. I hope you will consider us during your next trip to the area.
Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

On a Thursday and Friday night, we found this HI to have comfortable beds and a relative large room, but noise ( doors closing, voices, some plumbing, and some trucks delivering), even on an upper floor, made it unpleasant, A very good Mexican restaurant ("Margaritas") and bar on the ground floor, plus an indoor (small) pool and Jacuzzi and somewhat larger outdoor pool, plus small exercise room add to amenities; there is also a buffet breakfast ( addl charge). the staff is friendly and efficient. We found the carpets, in room and out (esp near elevators) a bit dirty (tho cleaning staff seemed efficient). the hotel overall was older, a bit dated, and wall[paper peeling. Construction on the adjacent Interstate 93 exchange made getting to and from the hotel a challenge. (Elevators VERY slow)

Room Tip: 5th floor - but allow for VERY slow elevators
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. Being such a frequent traveler, we will be sure to use your constructive feedback to improve the overall operation of the hotel for future guests. Your comments regarding the carpets in the room and near the elevator have been discussed with our executive housekeeper and she will be sure to inspect these areas more thoroughly in the future. With that being said, I'm pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and efficient as we pride ourselves on providing excellent service. I hope you will consider us during your next visit to the area.
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I don't normally stay at a Holiday Inn on business but am very glad I did this trip. Overall I found the hotel clean and comfortable and all staff friendly and helpful. However, one front desk member, April, went above and beyond for me. Once I arrived at the airport I realized I had forgotten both my kindle and iPod with headphones in my room. I figured there was little chance of retrieving them but when I called and spoke with April - as I was boarding my plane- she immediately went to my room and found them. She then called me back at the next city to get my information and shipped them back to me. She was incredibly pleasant during all of the extra work I was asking her to do for my mistake. I received them within a couple days, even in time for my next trip. I will definitely be staying at this Holiday Inn whenever I am in the area- starting with next month. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be clean and our staff to be friendly and helpful. I know how frustrating it can be when leaving items behind in the room so I'm glad April was able to get your kindle and ipod in the mail to you in a timely manner. We are fortunate to have employees like April who is always willing to go the "extra mile" for our guests. Thank you for your continued loyalty we look forward to seeing you next month.
Bellevue, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I travelled with a son from Nebraska to New Hampshire to visit my mother on her 96th birthday. We checked in at the Salem Holiday Inn. Unfortunately I fell gravely ill the first night. The next morning my son called the desk and an EMT was there in very short order. The EMT took me to the Holy Family hospital in Methuen, and they quickly discerned that my kidneys had shut down. Then immediate action at the hospital undoubtedly saved my bacon. Unfortunately I also had two types of pneumonia and my stay in the hospital lasted 12 days.
When out of the hospital, it was necessary to stay at the hotel a few more days to get strong enough to take a flight back to Nebraska. During that stay the staff was very considerate and helpful. Among the excellent staff one person stands out as special, and that would be Robyn, the manager of the Sunrise Café. She is very friendly with all guests and shows a genuine interest in them. She was something very nice to look forward to seeing as I had to be up and “exercising” each morning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Salem. I'm sorry to hear that you became sick during your recent visit from Nebraska but hope you are having a strong recovery. I'm glad that you enjoyed your experience in the Sunrise Cafe and that you found Robyn to be friendly with not only with you but with other guests in the restaurant. We will be renovating and expanding the lobby and Sunrise Cafe this winter so hopefully you will be able to come back to see Robyn as well as the new and expanded restaurant next year.
Mansfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Attended a Softball tournament in area. Staff was great, room was clean and spacious. Arrived late and left early, everything in the hotel was perfect. Enjoyed dinner next door. Very convenient right off the highway with plenty of parking. Wish we could have used the pool but we were late. Front desk staff was awesome with a pleasant word every time we went by the desk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jeff L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2), responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Salem on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is very helpful in allowing us to improve the operation of the hotel which benefits future guests. I'm pleased to hear that that the hotel met all of your needs during your recent visit to the Salem area for your daughter's softball tournament. I hope you will consider the Holiday Inn Salem during your next visit to the area.
Holyoke, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very friendly house- keeping staff and front desk. Wonderful evening meal and breakfast (Jackie particularly attentive). Hotel clean, well appointed and has really comfortable beds. Grandchildren/family accomodating: pool, arcade. Seems quite well managed. Rooms seem well insulated with regard to noise.

Room Tip: Book early for weekends in season.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Salem on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is essential to helping us improve the operation of the hotel which improves the experience for future guests. I'm pleased to hear that you found the housekeeping staff, and front desk to be friendly and that Jackie was attentive to your needs at breakfast. The Sunrise Café can be very busy this time of the year and the restaurant staff works extremely hard to make sure that our guests receive both good tasting food and quality service. I hope you will consider us again during your next visit to the Salem, NH area.

Been to Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)? Share your experiences!