“2013 Screamfest was alot of fun” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Salem
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: This amusement park, built in 1902, has 40 rides, including a 102-year-old carousel and roller coaster.
Bedford
30 attraction reviews
“2013 Screamfest was alot of fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have been to Canobie Lake during the summer and had a good experience so went back for Screamfest. It was a lot of fun for everyone! The lines for the haunted houses were long but they moved really fast. The longest line for a ride was about 35 minutes. I was pleasantly surprised at the reasonably priced food as well. My only suggestion for Screamfest is plan your trip so you have at least 5 hours at the park. That way you will definitely get your moneys worth.

ostwerville
4 attraction reviews
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Our disabled son is in love with the rides at Disney, but being up here in New England, it's not a little trip to Orlando. For his recent birthday, we decided to try Canobie Lake Park. I hadn' been there in over 10 years. We fell in love once again with the place - free parking, hardly any crowds (late October), 2 hour drive from home and did I mention less than $100. for the three of us, compared to close to $500. for a day at Disney. Granted the experience is different, but my son's face had the same smile and we couldn't stop grinning ourselves the whole time there.
ps: Don't wimp out on the "extreme frisbee" even a 66 year old like myself could handle it.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Negative customer service experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I had a very negative experience going to Canobie Lake Park this past weekend. I went with my girlfriend and it was our 4th year going during Screamfest, which is generally well done.

We waited in line for the pirate ship ride and we were the last people admitted. The ship was full and we were unable to find a seat together. Rather than just letting us go on the next ride, the attendant told us to either split up or go to the back of the line. This is an unacceptable to me and I went directly to customer service to complain. The ride manager came over to speak to me and basically told me his employee was in the right. I wasn't looking for a refund or anything from this guy, just an apology for what I and I'm sure any reasonable person would consider an unacceptable customer experience. He refused and blew off my complaint. Poor policy and even worse customer service.

Anyway, Canobie Lake Park has lost a repeat customer and I urge anyone planning to attend to reconsider.

Billerica, Massachusetts
21 attraction reviews
“A great Night at the Screamfest/Octoberfest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We usually come here once a year since it is only 20 min away. It is a great family park with rides for the young & old. We enjoyed the German bratwurst & music from AC/DC along with a guy playing German music on an accordion. Lines are long for Screemfest. (haunted houses/rides) The teenagers we had with us loved The Village.
They also still have most of their regular rides open. We enjoyed the Untamed rollercoaster.

We always have fun at Canobie & they are reasonably priced.

Bedford, New Hampshire
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I bought a necklace at scremfest and LOVED IT! The haunted houses served as obstacle courses for my firends and I, and I would and will go again!!!