My two children and I stayed at the Holiday Inn for one night only (couldn't wait to check out) on August 1, 2007. When we first arrived I noticed that they were doing construction on the outside but quickly noticed that the inside need attention as well. We checked in without any problems and I must say the girl at the front desk was very pleasant. We were given a room on the 4th floor, took the elevator up with all of our "stuff" (including a cooler) and the plastic keycard would not open the room. So here I am with my two kids and all of gear in the hallway and have to make the trip back down to the lobby. Not wanting to leave my kids or my stuff in the hall we pack it all back down to the front desk where they reprogramed the keys. After arriving back at the door the key did this time. By now my kids decided they wanted to go swimming so I told them to go into the bathroom to get cleaned up, especially their feet as they had been wearing sandas day. My daughter quickly came back out of the bathroom and stated she "would not wash her feet in that dirty bathtub". I went in to check it out and there were dead flies and bugs in the bathtub, a used bar of soap with pubic hair stuck in it and open shampoo ~ then I wondered if the rooms had even been cleaned!
They gave us a different room on the second floor because at 4 in the afternoon they didn't have anyone who could clean the bathroom ~ not that I would have stayed in that room anyway!
The second floor room smells like what ever they are cooking in the kitchen. At first it was fried foods, then it smelled like steak and then at breakfast it smelled like bacon.
They pool is very small and dirty. The restaurant is horrible. My son ordered the steak and eggs for breakfast and none of us could eat the steak. After leaving the restaurant for breakfast we were going to check out. Guess what the elevator was down! We had to carry all of the gear, including the cooler down the stairs! As I walked past the elevator there were two workers standing there and I mentioned that I didn't know how I was going to get everything back to the car ~ especially the heavy cooler that was now full of ice ~ and neither of them offered to help.
When I checked out one of the men by the elevator actually worked the front desk. Needless to say I blasted them and everyone in the lobby heard about the pubic hair in the soap. They discounted the price of the hotel room but I paid for the rest of the Water Country package. I still do not know how three tickets for $24 each added up to $115 but they said it was for the "rest of the package". What I have no idea! At that point I just wanted to run out of there and never look back!
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. People in the restaurant and were complaining about how much of a rip-off the place was and how dirty it was! So, I'm not the only one.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Portsmouth Hotel
- Holiday Inn Portsmouth Hotel Portsmouth
- Portsmouth Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly renovated Holiday Inn Portsmouth! Our hotel features 130 first class guest rooms just of I-95 at the intersection of Route 1 and the Spaulding Turnpike. Our guests may enjoy a heated indoor pool, fitness center and game room, as well as free wireless high-speed Internet. Our own Cranberries Restaurant serves popular American cuisine and is open for breakfast, dinner and room service daily. Kuzzin's Lounge offers a more casual atmosphere with a lighter selection of great food and drinks. Don't forget, Kids Eat Free with a paying adult. The Holiday Inn Portsmouth is conveniently located near historic downtown Portsmouth, the Kittery Outlet Malls, Water Country and New Hampshire and Maine's greatest beaches. We are just minutes from the University of New Hampshire and UNH's Whittemore Center. On property, we have 7 function rooms for business meetings, social events, sports teams and much more. We can accommodate up to 100 people for a banquet and up to 150 people for a business presentation. The Holiday Inn Portsmouth is great for both the business traveler and those just looking to escape. Remember, Relax, It's Holiday Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Portsmouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.