“The Best Choice in Portsmouth - Very Close to Kittery Maine Outlets” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Portsmouth

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Orlando, Florida
“The Best Choice in Portsmouth - Very Close to Kittery Maine Outlets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

My company held a three week training here for our new employees. From the Moment I checked in to three weeks later at check out the hotel Staff was striving to ensure I had everything I needed and was happy with my stay. The Beds & Pillows the Best.

The 2 Free Cocktail Tickets each week night was a Nice Treat, as was the Indoor Heated Pool. The Internet Access was Complimentary and very Strong connection.

The second floor was being remodeled as I was staying there, but all work was done during the Day and I would not have even known they were there if it was not for the Elevator opening a couple times at the second floor. Oh, the Elevator has a TV, how cool is that, I got the Weather Report on my ride up and down the elevator.

I was there on business and flew home on the weekends, but I would definitely return with my family and for future Business.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

Very clean, nice restaurant, great location right off 95.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
portsmouth,nh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

My stay at the Holiday Inn in Portsmouth, NH was originally scheduled to be one month, but ended up lasting three. The hospitality and accomodativeness shown me by the front desk personnel, the housekeeping and restaurant staffs as well as the entire Olympia Management team was unbelievable. I cannot overstate my gratitude toward all of them. It was that friendly and pleasureable of an experience.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

I found this hotel to be excellent in every facet that a traveler would expect from a hotel.
I had a long term stay there and found the staff from the Front Desk to the Maintenance people to be courteous and very helpful. The restaurant and lounge gave me the same experience, the food and service was above average. Thanks to all concerned for a wonderful and satisfying stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

I am a frequent business traveler to Portsmouth and the Holiday Inn is perfect for my needs. It has been recently redone from top to bottom, inside and out. I get a great rate, two free drinks at happy hour, and discount coupons for breakfast & dinner. There is a lounge if you want to watch the game over a beer. The restaurant is wonderful with chef’s specials most night for something different. They are most accommodating to special diet requests. The staff is very friendly and makes me feel at home each stay. Be sure to join Priority Club to get the discounts and points.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

I stay at this hotel every time I am working in the Portsmouth area. No matter what time I check in the front desk staff greets me the minute I walk in the door. The hotel has gone through extensive renovations and updates and it is exciting to see what is new every time I check in. The decor is very classy and better than most holiday Inns I stay at. I love having a drink in the lounge after I check in and just head up to bed. The rooms are updated too with great colors and amenities. More important to me is cleanliness. If my room is not clean, I am out of there. Trust me I am picky and this hotel never disappoints me. Its great every single time. Having a great lounge with friendly faces and terrific food under the same roof of my room is extremely important to me. I do not want to struggle with parking and the cold downtown. The location on the circle is perfect for getting on and off the highway and central to all those towns that I have to visit during my trip. Sometimes my clients come to me at the hotel, they have plenty of space for me to meet with a client. Why would you stay anywhere else?

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
limerick
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

We were booked in to holiday portsmouth last week ,on arriving at front desk after 3.500 miles we were told that there were no smoking rooms available after requesting one and we were given a room at the rear of hotel after asking for the front now this was not our first time staying here i would regard ourselves as loyal customers staying twice a year on occasion,we were given our money back and left to fend for ourselves,disgraceful

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
tpaptpap, General Manager at Holiday Inn Portsmouth, responded to this review, January 3, 2010
Dear derekLimerick,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I want to apologize for the mix up with your reservation. We are in the process of converting our hotel to 100% smoke free, therefore we no longer offer smoking rooms. This should have been explained to you at the time you made your reservation. I have disussed this with the reservation manager for follow-up.

Michael F. Payne, CHA
Holiday Inn
Portsmouth, NH

Been to Holiday Inn Portsmouth? Share your experiences!