“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

Had to make last minute plans to Portsmouth, NH., My Husband, daughter and I have stayed at $300.00/per nite hotels in the past and for that price were not that happy with them. When we made the reservation on line, I couldn't help to think in my mind, OMG, I can only imagine what this room/hotel will look like. Well, when my sister and I walked to the lobby I was very surprised! When we went to our room, even more suprised, very clean, neat and updated! The room was just as nice if not better than hotel we like to stay in when we travel. Will stay at the Holiday Inn again! with more money in our pockets to enjoy our stay!

• Stayed May 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
lebanon, nh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

We stayed here with our 5 children over April vacation and really enjoyed it! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The location was great for us with not more than a 10 minute drive to lots of outlet shopping, the mall, restaurants and Chuck E Cheese. We ate breakfast at the hotel and the service and food were outstanding plus they give you coupons to use in the restaurant which is helpful to save a little money. The lounge with complimentary cocktails was wonderful, the kids loved the pool (although we did wish it had a hot tub) and complimentary cookies in the evening were a big hit too. We had 2 rooms and while we did wish they could have been adjoining (we were told there were none available) it still worked out fine, they were clean and comfy enough. The diner next store has wonderful food as well-we'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Meath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

We were greeted by a very Friendly receptionist who showed me where everything I wanted to go to was on a map and had no problem showing me something’s twice. The room was comfortable and clean. The next day the receptionist was just as friendly. Keep up the good work. It is a little out of the town but it doesn't claim to be in the town.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

Clean rooms & great staff. We will be back! Thank you

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Andover, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

We had a very nice stay. The staff was friendly and efficient. The Hotel was clean and well kept, as was our room. We had dinner and breakfast at their restaurant and both were excellent. My wife and I are already planning another week-end there.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

I got a great price on this room! GREAT. I thought it was a little bit far from the downtown area, $11 by cab each way which isn't much but still a pain in the tush. I did not think the cleaning ladies really cleaned the room but the most important part is the sheets and towels which were done.
They gave me a certificate for a breakfast and I couldnt find it after unpacking,they wouldnt replace it. I wasn't sure the cleaning staff did full cleaning but I was mostly interested in sheets anyway. the food was super expensive but the two drink vouchers were a very very nice treat and the bartender was very sweet and the waiter although oatmeal and eggs for $30 is not cool, esp when I had been given a certificate. Even after I toldthem it was lost with all my paperwork i had traveled with they still refused to honor it which is annoying they would not honor it.
The pool was heaven and and the warm cookies were a delight. Not sure about a return since I do not like when staff do not honor things or give the patron the benefit of the doubt. She told me that I never even have received the certificate. Which, how would I know it existed??
Also the room service never picked up the dirty plates in the hall, so there were many.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Northfield, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

We were here during the Christmas 2010 blizzard. The beds were very comfortable, the bedding immaculate. The staff was friendly and responsive. Our request for a fridge was quickly granted (at no charge). The best thing, though, was the pool. The water was blissfully warm. What fun to swim in tropical water while watching the storm rage through the big windows. Not a scenic spot (our view was a traffic circle), but convenient for an overnight stop.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Portsmouth? Share your experiences!