“Love this place! Best Martini you'll ever have!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
New Hampshire
“Love this place! Best Martini you'll ever have!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

Deb the owner always greets me with a hug like an old friend. Hardest thing is to pick from the martini list because they all are delectable. If I had to pick a favorite, ginger pear but so many good ones. Love the food too. It is loud which is the only drawback but I have always had service above and beyond. The cod special was to die for. I was surprised to see some negative reviews as I've yet to have a bad experience here in multiple visits.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Portland, Maine
“I love Green Monkey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

I love this place. Innovative and tasty food, served by people who care. What's not to like? The Green Monkey is definitely one of my favorite Portsmouth restaurants and I don't get to eat here nearly as much as I'd like.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston,Ma
“Wouldn't Go Back,The food was over priced and unimpressive!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

After reading some reviews we decided to take a shot at eating here! We went on a Friday night at 6:45 with no reservation, we were asked if we planned on having appetizers, dinner and dessert. Because another couple had canceled and we could take that table but we would only have 1 hour and 15 minutes to eat due to the next reservation at 8:00!
We did end up being finished by about 7:45, but we both wondered would they kick us out if we ran over the time they said we were allowed!!
I have had much better food at some of the popular food chains!!
( outback, chili's, applebee's )

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Portsmouth, NH
“Bartender makes a mean Green Monkey Martini, but could improve upon his rude attitude.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

Food is good, but not quite worth the price. Great mussels and lobster mashed potatoes. Bartender makes excellent martinis, especially their Green Monkey Martini, but is both slow and rude. He could use a good lesson from the wonderful owner on customer service.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New England
“Green Monkey not what we hoped for. . . but good bread!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

Talking to friends around the seacoast city of Portsmouth N.H., I quickly realized that the Green Monkey was a great place to dine out with me and my husband and two friends. We had eaten at Brazo across the street a month earlier, and the food was not very impressive, and especially not what we would consider to be mexican food, as someone had told us, but it was very cute, and the waiter was friendly. It was suggested by even the waiter from Brazo to go try the Green Monkey,
The Green Monkey was clean, busy, hot, loud, and the decor... oh my. . . we won't go there. There were a few words misspelled on the menu, which scares me, and there was no method to the madness of the cuisine. Grilled Casear to pad Thai to coffee rubbed steak, not so great under salted, but sounded good though. The food itself was good, except the salad was not so good. Grilled SALAD LEAVES? An 80s trend that came and went in Boston years ago. Looking at other menus around town, makes me wonder if I should just stay in my own city for dinner. Dessert menu was boring.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere