“You cannot go wrong, seriously a great place!” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Hotel Portsmouth to your Saves list
The Hotel Portsmouth
40 Court Street, Historic Downtown - Tel 433-1200, Portsmouth, NH 03801   |
Special Rate
Fall Rates start at $179!
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Ottawa
“You cannot go wrong, seriously a great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

From the moment we walked in I fell in love with this space..
Location - close walk to downtown and all the lovely shops and restaurants (5-10 min walk)
Parking is included - easy access to our hotel.
Continental Breakfast was included - delicious, nice clean area to dine in.
Staff - friendly, lovely, polite, helpful!
Wifi - Yes, and they included an iPad for you to use!
Bed - very comfortable!
Bathroom - small, but super clean!
Noise level - a little noise, but we were located on the first floor near the lobby and we could hear people above us walking, but it was quiet throughout the night and we slept extremely well.
Overall Cleanliness - beyond clean!
Overall room - I fell in love with the décor and everything else that the room had, including the Dyson Fan and the lighting. I asked the front desk where the furniture is from - they were kind enough to tell me, so now I am going shopping - thanks!
There is nothing I would change regarding this place. We'll be back for sure!

Room Tip: As mentioned in earlier comments, you may wish to choose a room further from the lobby, perhaps a fl...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Nice place. Off the beaten path. If you're looking for a unique hotel, one that isn't cookie cutter a la marriott, hilton etc then this is a nice place to stay. They are really trying to make it hip and funky. Bedding was comfortable, room nicely appointed. The continental breakfast had delicious coffee and pastries. Overall a really nice stay.

Curepipe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

As soon as you see it you'll love it.

I loved my stayed there and it feels so much like I was at home. The place was well decorated and smart and clean.

My room was awesome. I had to share my room with my parents and I got the room where there is a bunk bed and a large plasma TV. I was THRILLED

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed at The Hotel Portsmouth this past weekend and it was more than we had hoped for. Visiting Portsmouth is always a treat but staying in an updated historical building makes it all the more better.
Our room was a bit smaller than anticipated. We stayed in a King Deluxe (Room 403 if I recall correct); but with that said... the bed was super comfy and cozy. The bathroom was a great size and the shower was perfect.
The Continental breakfast was perfect for the start of our next stay and staff was friendly overall.
I would recommend a stay here here for anyone really. Perfectly situated within walking distance to anywhere you would need to visit in Portsmouth

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Hands down best stay at a b&b type hotel I've ever had. The attention to detail here is amazing. The rooms are perfect. Parking is included in reservation. Very clean!!! Was told the duvets are washed before new guests arrive. And they provide the highest standard shampoo/conditioner/body products (malin & goetz). Front desk staff is very helpful and friendly. Walking distance to "town." If it rains, hotel has great umbrellas for use. Just all around a lovely stay here and would recommend to friends and family! You will not be disappointed.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Nacogdoches, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We really enjoyed our two night stay! The Hotel is tastefully decorated and very comfortable. Our Queen Suite was large, very clean and comfortable. The Staff was nice and helpful, we were given a map upon arrival of the town and their suggestions of what to do and where to eat. Everything was right on the mark. The location is perfect to downtown, quiet, and just a short walk to all the bustle. The Continental breakfast was great, and I enjoyed my coffee on the back patio that couldn't have been any better. I can't wait for a return trip. I do agree with another review about the air conditioning, a little loud, but the weather was unusually hot and the A/C was much needed!
Thanks so much for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: We had the queen suite which had a separate sleeping area with bunk beds, lots of room to separate...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Personal attention to every detail has gone into this property. The owners have knack of creating a different kind of retreat from the norm. Personalized services .. simple luxuries to be found throughout the property and a warm cozy inviting atmosphere from the moment you pull into the driveway.

I brought my Single Speed 29er to explore the surrounding areas on my early morning rides .. The hotel provided safe keeping of my Ride when I wasn't riding. a great example of personalized service.

We stayed in what is now our room of choice, 212. A perfect balance of space and functionality.

A special Thanks to Chris, Shawn ( hope I got the spelling right ) and Dana for their hospitality and recommendations. Loved our stay at The Hotel Portsmouth as well as Portsmouth.

We will be back sooner than later !

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Hotel Portsmouth? Share your experiences!