“Excellent food and service - try it!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Deerfield, New Hampshire
“Excellent food and service - try it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had reservations for a Saturday evening, and we were glad we thought ahead. There are very few tables at this restaurant, and it seemed to fill up quickly.

The staff is very friendly and attentive. The decor is interesting...it is VERY dark. Most of the people in our party needed to use their cell phone flashlights to read the menu. There are TV sets everywhere, which I find distracting, but I know others like it that way. Behind the screens and scattered about, there are red and blue backlights. It is a clean, up-to-date atmosphere.

The menu is extensive and fairly priced. Nobody in our party had any complaints. We ordered a pizza to share as an appetizer, and I think we may go back just for pizza next time. Everything we had was flavorful and nicely cooked. The pricing was what we expected. It wasn't outrageously expensive, but a little pricier than the average neighborhood Italian restaurant.

The dress code was (like most of the restaurants in NH) blissfully nonexistent. There were a few people dressed up in business attire, but for the most part people wore everyday casual clothing.

Check your bill at the end...we did notice that we were charged for a couple of items that we never ordered, but we didn't notice until we got home. I'm sure they would have remedied the situation immediately had we brought it up.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hampton
“good food and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The food was excellent and the menu was extensive. I would recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for quality Italian food at a good price.

Visited April 2014
New Hampshire
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Went here for dinner recently. Atmosphere is very nice, service was adequate, and portions were very big. Food however was just okay. Pasta was overcooked and red sauce tasted burnt. Would recommend if you're looking for big portions of average food otherwise there are better Italian restaurants.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hampton, New Hampshire
“Lovely Valentine's Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

My wife and I went here for the first time on Valentine's Day. We had a great time. We were only sad that it went by so quickly. The service was very fast! They were closed to the public and had only taken reservations which was nice because when we arrived at 6, the place was not jam packed with last minute diners trying to get in. It was a quiet atmosphere. I liked the decor. It was warm and cozy while modern and elegant all at the same time. The bread and oil was delicious. And we liked how they provided parmesan, salt, and red pepper flakes to add to the oil if you wished. We started off with the eggplant tower which I highly recommend. The eggplant slices were huge. It was so tasty! My wife had the Saltimbocca and garlic mashed potatoes which she loved. I had the chicken marsala. (Unlike the other reviewer, I thought the portions were very generous. The other reviewer got roasted red peppers as a side. If you wanted leftovers why wouldn't you have gotten the pasta?) It was very good - it came with 2 large pieces of chicken and underneath the pasta filled like 3/4 of the plate. I made 3 meals out of it!! Well worth the money. We got our desserts to go because we were so full. They even had a special sangria with blueberry and pomegranate for V-Day which was yummy as well. Service was great, we were asked by three different people how everything was. And I think the woman who brought our food may have been the chef and/or owner? Not sure, but everyone was very nice. The hostess even gave us red carnations at the end of our meal. We will definitely be back!

Visited February 2014
Newfields, New Hampshire, United States
“Hidden Jewel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

At last there is a reasonably priced restaurant that has delicious, well prepared food and a menu chock full of options to meet anyone's dietary needs. Our server was informative as well as professional. Cozy atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014