“Good Breakfast with quick service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #57 of 189 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Farmington
“Good Breakfast with quick service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stopped in for the first time in a while.....Ordered the French Toast with "special coating". The bread was thick cut and fresh. Meal was served quickly and a good value for the price of less than $5.00 for the plate. Coffee cup was kept filled although the brew was not my favorite. This is a great local choice for those in the area.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Newton, New Hampshire
“Food is Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I always appreciate an independent operation who brings good honest food to the table. Hebert's did this on my recent lunch visit. From their pretty diverse diner menu, I had the Haddock Sandwich and my colleague had a Mushroom Cheeseburger. The food was served very promptly from the kitchen (still very hot - but the plates were room temp). The fish was fresh enough for me; but, anybody who is finicky about slightly fishy aura may not be as happy. My colleague was happy with his burger selection and commented that it was cooked to his requested medium rare. The portions size was better than average.
There are 3 distinctly different 'places' to eat there - The 'Diner' the 'Pub' and (where we ate) the Main Dining Room. The decor, where we sat, is dated and really needs some freshening up. The room isn't in terrible shape; but, the shine is definitely long gone.
Wait staff is slightly below par. Although food was delivered promptly, there wasn't really any attention to us beyond that.
Might or might not get a return visit.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Greenland NH
“Best Seafood on the NH Seacoast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I just had to share this about Hebert's seafood as I have had it so many times and every time it is great. We had an oyster basket and a shrimp basket last week and for the price it is fantastic. The seafood is fresh and fried to perfection. Great fries, onion rings and coleslaw too. I know I will be going back there for my seafood.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
gjwoodsjr
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Took a shot after looking for places for breakfast on my smartphone. Place was close to where we were staying. I was surprised by the locxation, but the food was good. The seats could use some TLC but other than that no complaints.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Wonderful cuisine in a shopping center restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I am a regular visitor to the area and have eaten here quite a few times and have always been pleased. However 2 weeks ago, I went there for dinner and it was fabulous! I ordered the stuffed haddock and it was out of this world! I would highly recommend this restaurant for great food and a friendly environment!

• Visited November 2013