“My favorite standby” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Rye, NH
“My favorite standby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Ate here again last week for dinner. Very much a simple locals hang out. The service is always very prompt and friendly. The food is better than basic and always well prepared. The price is very good, always look at the daily specials. Place is spotless and the parking is easy. If you are looking for a relaxed, good service, good food place; this is your place. If you are looking for a $100 plate French meal, go somewhere else.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Worcester, Massachusetts
“Must be a local favorit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We noticed Hebert's when we went to the Market Basket located in the same plaza. It was closed the day we first saw it but we made note of their posted hours. We wanted a break from the preformed eggs used in our hotel's complimentary so breakfast so we went there one morning. Service was great and we were seated right away. Had coffee, juice, bacon & eggs, home fries and toast. Food was very good, served hot and the price was reasonable.

Visited August 2012
florida
“Saturday night in the not OK saloon!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

OK. OK. We were guests so I suppose I ought to be grateful - not. Friends chose this place and I kinda knew what we were in for and it did not disappoint. The "Pub" has seen better days from the entry area to the tables and booths where the cushioning has sprung. I should have known that you do not order a medium/rare rib in such a place but I had a hankering for red meat. Go figure - you know there isn't a wonderful table in the back of the restaurant with a chef in a white hat just ready to slice me my piece of heaven. Nope, this limp piece of meat had an aux jus that promised and delivered a bitter old taste. Remember the old product OXO? Well that's what it tasted like and just to top it off they served extra jus on the side in a bowl with a layer of liquid fat floating on it. Yum! The baked potato reminds me of the term re-fried except that this was baked ahead of time and re-fired more than once maybe. The broccoli had yellow flowerets. The last time I checked yellow on broccoli it meant old. Enough about me! None of us complained as it was a celebration for one of us but the kicks under the table told the story. The server was quite nice and attentive. A coat of paint would do wonders but then it ought to be with emphasis on the food. A very missed opportunity. Reminds me of those shows on TV where a guardian angel swoops down and verbally beats up the restauranteur and ultimately saves the restaurant. Stay tuned.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Providence, Rhode Island
“"Lets see what other Heberts are doing"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

In planning our trip to Portsmouth New Hampshire, we saw there was a restaurant named Heberts (our last name). For fun we checked restaurant.com and found a coupon and decided to check them out. We were surprised it was in a strip mall. Cute and cozy and clean. It was a Friday night and there was only a few people there. There was a fried oyster dinner on the menu but my husband felt like a fisherman platter but there was no oysters in it. When he mentioned this to the waitress, she said "we can do that for you". The platter came with a generous amount of oysters at no extra cost. The beer was icy cold and my pomegranate martini was fantastic. Our waitress was friendly and very helpful and we found out she was the owners stepdaughter. She was delightful. The restaurant began to have more people as Karoke was getting ready to start. We were tickled by the characters who got up to the microphone and sang their hearts out. One man was fantastic and could have had a show of his own with his excellent voice. It was a group of locals who go there often and were having a great time together.
For a casual, affordable and friendly dinner we'd stop by Heberts again.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Clearwater, Florida
“You can't go wrong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I usually go here for breakfast when in Portsmouth.It has always been fresh and hot and always cooked as I asked.Usually the service is great.However this last visit,the service was bad.I sit out back,and she is usually always right on it.But not this time.I hope it will not be a new trend.Try the eggs Florentine,not on the menu but they will make it for you.Awesome!

Visited May 2012