“Always fun, food and service amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Moxy; Self-possessed confidence. An attitude of fearlessness in everyday circumstances. The capacity to stand alone in favor of an unpopular opinion or course of action with a casual demeanor. Moxy is a modern American tapas restaurant focusing on smaller plates meant for sharing and taking our inspiration from our local farmers, culture and history. Moxy is tapas in spirit, energy, style of din
Rochester, New Hampshire
“Always fun, food and service amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is a favorite spot for us. The chef is creative, atmosphere is fun, staff always spot on. With so many restaurants in Portsmouth this one has stood out. Local food is used and it's always wonderful!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

NH
“Beautiful Presentations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

There for New Years dinner. Absolutely excellent service. Beautiful prep and presentation. Short ribs are to die for. Will go back with friends

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Augusta, Maine
“Small Plates, Big Taste!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This review is meant for people new to tapas or the entire tapas experience. TRY IT HERE! I have never experienced tapas and I doubted that it would be for me. I am so GLAD I WAS WRONG!
The staff was helpful, the food was delicious and local, and the decor is full of folks that have their own moxy.
The hyper-local, farm to plate atmosphere is easy to enjoy. From burgers to chicken thighs, fried dough to french pressed coffee, Moxy is never pretentious and always authentic.
I liked it so much I reviewed it here!

Andover, MA
“GREAT SPIRIT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

So, her name is Lizzie---very knowledgeable and proud of the restaurant and it's offerings---a hall of fame server.
Like a fine professional, Lizzie was a great listener. When my wife's first wine choice was only sold by the bottle , she said "let me see what I can do" and returned 1 minute later with a glass! That pretty much set the tone. Everything could be tweaked, everything could be substituted---the first priority was our satisfaction and that was made entirely clear.
We shared char grilled boc choy, a terrific pork pate, monkfish and a Johnny cake / lettuce/pork do it yoursel roll-up. Everything was terrific---creative, and delicious. A lot of effort went into the design, preparation and taste pairing---a home run. The martini was perfect, the wine was cold and , oh yes---the great Lizzy---a history buff and WW2 afficienado, she was funny, smart and efficient
Dining out is supposed to be special. And, unfortunately, it's become totally routine for the customer and for the restaurateur ---not Moxy---I'd give 7 stars if you let me,

Boston, Massachusetts
“A must try in Portsmouth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I dined here for a weekend getaway. Made reservations same day and went at 9pm. Sat on the 2nd floor which was very cute- although we were very close to another table (who had one very loud talker). No big deal though.

The food was delicious. Our favorites were calamari, short ribs, Italian sausage, frites, sliders, fried clams. We started with about 6 orders and added a few on once we were halfway done. Fried dough for dessert is a must have.

My wine was yummy- unfortunately my husband is not huge into craft beers and there was not really a good option for him.

I will be dreaming of the calamari relish and sliders until we return!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere