“What a rare gem” 5 of 5 stars

Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/moxy-portsmouth
ohio
“What a rare gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I love tapas -- my family does not quite feel the same way.

But Moxy has a selection of fantastic tapas that we could all agree on. Very interesting dishes that I could have a great time eating, but no so totally outlandish that my family couldn't find anything to eat.

This place is worth a try whether you're a tapas newby or a culinary veteran.

• Visited May 2013

91% Recommend
Portland, Maine
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

First, the space is fantastic - a charming building in the port with a great split level dining room. We sat upstairs and could overlook the bar and kitchen area, which was fun.

We ordered 6 tapas plus dessert, and everything was fantastic. The kitchen sent them as courses, sometimes paired, which was perfect - we were constantly eating for over an hour! Service was excellent (can't remember her name, but she had straight, dark hair) - attentive without being intrusive. She relit our candle a few times after we accidentally blew it out.

Cocktails and beer selection were excellent as well; interesting craft selection on tap, creative cocktails on the list.

Yum!

• Visited April 2013
New Hampshire
“Great Dining Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Had dinner here tonight. Was pleasantly surprised with the whole tapas dining experience. The service and food were excellent. There was only one dish out of the 7 ordered that was just okay. At first I thought it was a little pricey but after thinking about it I realized I would have spent the same on 2 entrees with a couple of drinks at just about any restaurant in Portsmouth. Love that they support local businesses. Would highly recommend

• Visited May 2013
Lebanon, Maine
“Wowza.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This place gives Cava (literally just around the corner) a run for its money. I’m a big sucker for small plates, especially when the offerings are as creative, balanced, and artfully prepared as they are at Moxy. Few local restaurants make me want to be a better chef; this place does. While everything we ordered was delicious, standout items were the short rib marmalade, the cider braised pork belly, and the anything-but-pedantic chicken thigh lettuce wraps. Whoopie pie sliders were too sweet. The service is exceptional. The atmosphere is hoppin. Moxy is a new favorite.

• Visited March 2013
WesternMass.
“A culinary adventure - completely delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I'm not a huge tapas fan, but I might change my views after eating at Moxy. I tried the five-course pre-planned meal for $29 and it was well worth it to have the chef plan out the many small plates of food that came my way and to be able to try so many different things. The mix of salty and sweet as well as the mixture of textures and colors. I appreciated the amazing service. In fact, when one of our tapas was a little slow in coming out, they brought over kale chips and house-made granola bars which were both amazing. They had plenty of options to accommodate my vegetarian daughter while still satisfy my cravings for meat/protein. I highly recommend this place. I have to mention that the prices were pretty great considering the level of service and the excellence of the food.

• Visited April 2013