“Poor service” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Michelle's On Market Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 183 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Annapolis, Maryland
“Poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

While visiting Portsmouth, we chose Michelle's for Sunday brunch. We found the service to be quite poor and our waitress simply seemed unable to handle her tables. We were sitting at our table for over 10 minutes before she asked for a our drink order; we waited another 10 before our coffee arrived. We also experienced a long wait for our food arrive; the waitress never checked backed to see if we wanted a refill on our coffee either and was overall quite brusque. I couldn't even tell you which waitress to avoid as she never actually greeted us or introduced herself.
I would advice anyone with allergies not to eat here. I had ordered the berry crepes which were supposed to be served with walnuts. The chef substituted cashews, and I discovered this after eating one. The cashews simply didn't work with the dish and seemed very odd. While I don't have a cashew allergy, they are common enough that adding them to the dish seemed worth a mention.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Exellent brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

We ate here with a finicky friend. Everyone was happy. We'll be back ... tomorrow, I think. Definitely soon.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Terrific bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We ate in the bar upstairs because it was quiet. The food was excellent, as was the wine. A little pricy, but the dinner was worth it.

Visited September 2012
Portsmouth NH
“fabulous brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Michelle's is a quaint little place right in Market Square. I went a few weeks ago for brunch with a friend and back again when family was visiting. The food was delicious, beautifully presented and the service was excellent. I had the country breakfast which was the right amount of everything I wanted....and they serve real maple syrup. The atmosphere is cozy. We sat downstairs by the window. There are a couple of tables outside as well and a larger dining space upstairs I am looking forward to going back to try their dinner menu.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pepperell, Massachusetts
“Great Service and Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nice restaurant in Portsmouth center with an interesting menu. Ask to eat upstairs. A bit nicer and quieter than downstairs. Excellent service. Our service William was great! My husband had the Lamb and Wild Boar Cassoulet which was excellent. I had a special of Chilean Sea Bass and my daughter had the Roasted Vegetable Neapolitan which she loved. Would definitely go back again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere