“Pleasant Surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Wynwood Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Wynwood Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Wynwood Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   580 US Highway 1 Bypass, Interstate Traffic Circle, Portsmouth, NH 03801   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

After waiting until the last minute to book a hotel for a long weekend, this was the only place I could find with a vacancy. My first though was "Great, #11 out of 18 and right by the roundabout!" I couldn't have been more wrong. It looks like the hotel has recently gone through a renovation. The staff was great, our room was clean, comfortable and quiet, and the kids loved the pool (indoor) and hot tub. The best part is this hotel was about $100 cheaper over my three day stay than any of the ones I would have booked had they been available. The diner next door was an added bonus, serving far better food than the usual chain restaurants that generally sprout up next to chain hotels. I was also surprised by the relative ease of getting downtown from the hotel. This will likely be my first choice for future visits to Portsmouth and southern Maine.

Room Tip: I accidentally booked a "mobility accessable" room. The room didn't appear to be laid...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
trafficcircle, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wynwood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
We're very pleased that you enjoyed your last visit to Portsmouth while staying at the Best Western Wynwood Hotel. Alot of travelers find our 169 rooms most comfortable and the fact that the Roundabout Diner is just off our lobby is to our advantage! Please keep coming back. We appreciate your getting the good word out there!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Spent a night at this hotel while visiting for a wedding. Stayed in a Superior room that had a totally renovated and spotless bathroom. Everything about the room was very clean, in good working order and comfortable. With 8 pillows between 2 beds there was something for everyone and sleeping was very easy. Nice big lobby which was a great place to meet other wedding guests. Loved the coffee and tea service in the lobby. Every staff member was top notch. Liked that there is a huge diner and lounge attached. Parking was a little tight as the hotel was totally booked. This hotel is away from the craziness of the city and we were able to travel off the beaten path and not be stuck in traffice. Enjoyed the stay very much and look forward to visiting again in the off season.

Room Tip: Superior rooms have been remodeled within the past year. Very comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
trafficcircle, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wynwood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
We find that many wedding parties enjoy visiting our hotel. Glad that you liked us so well and hope for only "married bliss" for the newlyweds! Hope to see you all back here on their first anniversary!
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

After having a very terrible experience at the Holiday Inn (see review) next door, I needed a place to stay for the 3 days vacation I had planned for my family.

When I walked in I asked the front desk lady (very nice and friendly) if it was possible to see if there was room available. She showed me 2 rooms. Although the decor is very outdated, the room was clean! And that is what matter to me. However the other family staying with me did not want to stay there!

After having problem all day my husband and I decided to return to the Best Western. Which the lady there gave us a 2 bedroom suite! (that was all that was available)

We walked into the room and found it was super clean and huge! The beds were comfy (however the pillow could be more fluffy). We were happy.

The next day (in the afternoon), we get a knock on the door it was the maid! She was providing us extra towels, and she proceeded in thanking us for the tip we left her in the morning! I found that to be the cherry on the sunday in which making my stay even more pleasurable!!!

I had a really good experience with this hotel and I was happy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
So glad that we were able to accommodate you and your party! And, wow! You were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite to boot! Hopefully we will be your number one choice for your lodging the next time you are in the Portsmouth area! Thanks for staying with us!
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Helpful staff. Everyone at the reception desk was most helpful with maps, directions, suggestions for restaurants. Although the entrance to the hotel is difficult to find, especially in the dark, once found, it was easy to get to the highways and into town. We were staying for 4 days and I found it odd that the chambermaid did not fold and store the bedspread that I had removed from the bed and placed on the sofa. It stayed there for our entire stay. our request for an additional blanket was dealt with promptly as was the request to fix the plug in the bathroom sink.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
trafficcircle, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wynwood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
We are very fortunate to have a great front desk team here at the Best Western Wynwood Hotel! With a couple of former travel agents on staff, one can easily tell that they're enjoying their job! I will speak with the housekeeping department referencing your comments about the spread. We wish you happy travels and hope to see you back here again real soon!
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

A nice clean hotel overall with large comfortable rooms and a really big tub too! Located right on the traffic circle a short drive from beautiful downtown Portsmouth. There is a restaurant right at the hotel but I didn't eat there. No reason not to, just went somewhere else..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
trafficcircle, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wynwood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Happy we were here to assist you! Next time, please don't hesitate to eat at the Roundabout Diner as it serves a wonderful meal......hope to see you back here again!
Irvington, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Our room was clean, neat and spacious. The hotel was super simple to locate. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. I had some concerns about staying in a Best Western but they were completely unfounded. The lobby was clean and contemporary. The check in staff was very nice and we received an unexpected upgrade in our room quality. I missed having a free breakfast included in the room price but we made do at the diner downstairs. Since we were in a rush to head further north we didn't make much of an effort to locate another breakfast option. Perhaps we should have since the place was cute but not a bargain and not really special.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
trafficcircle, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wynwood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thanks so much for your comments! Whenever we can, we try and give upgrades so that people can experience our wonderful suites and maybe next time they will request them! Although we don't offer a continental breakfast included in your room rate, the diner next door does offer a good selection. We have a coupon available Monday through Friday morning so that the cost isn't as much. Hope to see you back here again!
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

My family and I drove from Idaho and we were looking forward to a nice comfortable bed with a nice soft comforter as shown in the pictures. Wehn we got to our room the bed was hard as a rock and the comforters displayed in the pictures didn't exist. We had an old thin ratty looking conforter, the light fixtures were broken and we could smell the chlorine from the pool two hallways over. This hotel is definitly not worth the money. Needless to say the sketchy location. I booked thi hotel from the road. Had I known it was this bad I would have sprang for a higher class hotel downtown.

Room Tip: Spend the money at a nicer hotel like a Marriott.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
trafficcircle, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wynwood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
I am so very sorry that you were so unhappy with our hotel! Did you mention this to us while you were here so we could make you happy? We do have a variety of spreads in our rooms but all cannot be shown on our website. Most folks love our mattresses so I am surprised by that comment. We strive diligently to try to please everyone. Please accept my heartfelt apologies and I hope you will try us again so that we can make it right for you the next time you are in the area or call me directly at 603-436-7600 so we are able to chat about your recent visit.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Wynwood Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!