“Good value for the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Wynwood Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Wynwood Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Wynwood Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   580 US Highway 1 Bypass, Interstate Traffic Circle, Portsmouth, NH 03801   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Good value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel has obviously been through some extensive renovation and it shows. My only beef is that it is hard to find, even my GPS had a hard time. The room was well appointed and clean except for a hard to define smell. What I appreciated is a clean TV remote. I think this is a great initiative to pay attention to this bacteria magnet. How disinfected was it? Hard to say, but BW seems to get the message.

Internet access both wired and wifi was good.

Keep it up ! signage before you get to the hotel would be useful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wynwood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Glad you enjoyed yourself. We are restricted with our signage due to city regulations. Unfortunately our "580 US Highway One Bypass North" doesn't always work on the GPS, but we're still Exit 5 off Interstate 95 and have been here for quite sometime!
We appreciate your comments and hope to continue to improve all the time! Hope
to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I was very pleased with my stay. This hotel was picked by someone else and I admit to not being crazy about the idea of a Best Western that was rated 13 out of 18. However I must say it was fine. Yes, the hotel is older, but our room was EXTREMELY CLEAN. The bathroom had recently been updated and there wasn't an ounce of mildew to be found. The carpet and Decor was a little dark, but that was no big deal. It by no means ruined my vacation.

Last year I stayed at the Sheraton which is ranked in the top 5 on trip advisor and that hotels bathroom was dirty, dingy, outdated. And a lot more money. The room itself had been updated but the carpet was stained, furniture beat up.. For the value and experience I'd pick the Best Western over the Sheraton for a future trip.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wynwood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
We are so happy that you enjoyed your latest visit in our hotel! Thank you for the great comments! I hope that you continue to use Best Western and especially the Best Western Wynwood Hotel & Suites in Portsmouth!
sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The room was very comfortable and clean and the price was right. The diner next door is wonderful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wynwood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thanks for your positive response! We appreciate your business! Hope to see you again soon!
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The hotel staff have made having to spend the last 3 months (Apr 2012 - Jun 2012) in a hotel more like an adventure than a pain. They always strive to meet your needs and offer suggestions of local activities to keep you busy when you have free time. The diner next door is an added bonus, with the most awesome desserts. I've stayed in better places with more amenities, but its the environment that makes the stay feel like home. If my business requires me to stay longer, I'll be more than happy to continue to stay here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
trafficcircle, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wynwood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
I can't believe I missed responding to your comments about our hotel! I'm thrilled you consider this place a Home Away from Home! I believe that is due to the great team we have here. Keep coming back and we'll certainly welcome you again!
Gloucester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I travel constantly for work and have over the past 3 months, stayed in every hotel in the greater Portsmouth area. The desk staff here is beyond excellent. Best around. The suites in the tower are unbelievable. I could live in this place. Clean, well appointed. Whirlpool tubs are awesome. Roomy and comfortable. I just love this place!

Easy location to get to from Rt. 1 or 95. Close to downtown and Kittery, ME.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower/suites!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for the great comments....very happy to hear that you have been so happy with us! We are most fortunate to have the team that we have! Keep coming back!
yarmouth, N.S.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The Best Western in Portsmouth is conveniently located right at the Portsmout Circle off Exit 5 on Interstate 95 - just a few miles on the New Hampshire side from Maine. Its location offers you close access to the City of Portsmouth as well as the Outlet Shoppes in Kittery, Maine about 5 miles bu Route 1. The hotel itself is very clean with tremendous staff who go out of their way to assist with any question about the area. It has an attached restaurant and bar as well as two computer terminals in the lobby area and fresh coffeee/tea by the elevators.
The room we had was clean and modern with a large flat screen tv with numerous channels; the bed was very comfortable and everything was spotless in the room. The room had a/c which was turned up to full power as there was a heat wave in the area at the time.
There is also a pool as well as a laundry area and work out room on the premises; the hotel is non-smoking but there are several outside sheltered areas for smokers with filter disposing devices nearby.
All in all an excellent value for the price - and within walking distance of the New Hampshire liquor outlet where booze is sold at a cheap price!
This is an OUTSTANDING Best Western property with some of the best staff around!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wynwood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you so much for all the kudos! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! I just wanted to clarify one thing.....we still have a handful of rooms that you are able to smoke in (for those of you who still enjoy that....) but the majority of our rooms are non-smoking.
I would love for you to come again and identify yourself so I can personally meet you!
Travel safely and abundantly!
Dallas, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The bathrooms were thankfully upgraded. The sink did not drain properly though. The room was very gloomy. With terrible wallpaper and old carpet didn't help either.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wynwood Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
I am sorry that you didn't like your room during your recent visit to Portsmouth. I encourage you to always speak up while you are at a hotel so that the staff can make you happy during your stay! Call us again and mention that you would like to be placed in the main hotel, where I know you will be most comfortable. Thank you for your input....we hope to see you again soon!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Wynwood Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!