“Great Community” 4 of 5 stars

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Community”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I like this place.

I am sorry to see bad reviews of this place, I have had nothing but a positive experience. Here are some things to keep in mind. The pictures on Yelp make this place look like a dark pool hall. The energy and vibe of this place can change by the hour. This establishment is operated by Ocean Properties who also operates the Marriott owned Wentworth by the Sea. Also, look at its location. What does all this mean? Well, here goes: Most of the time when I go here, it is when the majority of the employees of the surrounding companies (300+) are done for the day. I find Paddy's to have an almost Cheers like atmosphere with the people that work in this small community (including The157th Air Refueling Wing, ANG) now drinking and eating at Paddy's. I have never had bad service here. Period. When I had a mistake in my order, it was fixed immediately . The food here is very good standard pub fare. I never had the feeling that they were trying to be something they are not.

As for the interior lighting, I find it cozy in the Winter, but a little too dark in the Summer, BUT.....Hey! They have a very nice outside bar and patio with live music! The pool tables are mostly used for a friendly game and/or a league once in a while. Again, I realized that Paddy's is a vibrant community (not clique) of local professionals enjoying a little rest and relaxation. So, get to know the friendly Bartenders, grab a seat, order a drink and experience this great little town within a town! Oh...the Sheppard's Pie & Blueberry Pie are very good.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ipswich, Massachusetts
“Good food and service, choice of seating inside our outside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is in the Pease Trade Center (formerly Pease Air Force Base), just off I-95 and only a couple of miles from downtown Portsmouth, NH.. We had driven by this several times and stopped last week. We were initially leery of the pool tables and large bar, but it is fairly quiet and there is a very nice dining room or outside patio seating. Our meals (ribs for me and baked haddock for my husband) were good and service was quick and efficient. I would have preferred less barbeque sauce on the ribs, but they were tender and cooked well. Maybe next time I'd ask for the sauce on the side. We'd stop here again and try other items from their large and varied menu. They also have a nice wine list and we quickly found a wine we both liked.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
“Good American food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

All 5 adults found our meals tasty. Would go back again if in the area.

Visited June 2012
“Great for lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is a nice place to go for any kind of crowd. Families to business luncheon- both will feel comfortable. Food is very good. Service is always good. They are accomodating if you want your food prepared a certain way. Salads are huge. French dip is a hit. Fish tacos are good too.

Visited May 2012
Dover, New Hampshire
“Not As Good As I Recall”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Several friends and I visited Paddy's on March 31, 2012. Paddy's is located on the former Pease Air Force Base. It has a good sized parking lot, and has a pub with tables and a big game room with pool tables and shuffleboard tables, and has a more formal seating restaurant side. Both have the same menu. The interior of Paddy's is very pleasant with much dark wood and dark colors.

I had eaten at Paddy's at least five times previously, but hadn't been there in about a year, and had enjoyed my previous meals there. My wife ordered the Caprese Panini, and I ordered the Smokehouse Turkey Panini. Both came with fries and a pickle. The sandwiches were light on contents and flavor, and fries were bland, and failed to meet the menu's colorful descriptions.

Our server was pleasant, but the meal lacking in flavor and unimaginative.I hope that Paddy's can improve on their execution. It used used to be decidedly better.

• Visited March 2012