“Hot Pot Delight” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #63 of 187 restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: Near Bow St. Ma Po To Fu, 8.95, could feed 2. Silky tofu in savory - not too salty, sauce that's medium spicey with pork grounds, then topped with a sprinkle of sliced, fresh, green onions. Menu includes: Hot Pot starting @ 13.95, Hot & Sour Soup 2.95, and 21 lunch specials until 3pm starting @ 5.95. Regular menu dishes for chicken, seafood, and beef start @ 9.95, 11.95, & 10.95, respectively. Clean. Dark tables. Zen-ish. Gracious service. Ask them re: Ladies' Night. Will return for lunch or appetizers and cocktails.
New Hampsire
“Hot Pot Delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

It is awesome to sit at one of the hot pot tables and cook our own ordered food. Fun atmosphere and great service - very attentive.

Visited June 2012

85% Recommend
South Berwick, Maine
“I don't even like Chinese food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I'm really not a fan of Chinese food in general because it's so heavy and makes me feel sick. However, staying late at work a few nights we have ordered delivery from Pink Bamboo and I have been pleasantly surprised! They have good portion sizes and the food isn't as greasy as you normally see. I love the crab rangoon! I would definitely go here over any other Chinese places in the area when my husband is craving!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, slow kitchen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I have gotten delivery from here many times and decided to go and have a sit down meal. The food was as amazing as always but the dishes came out at odd intervals/ wrong orders. The appetizer came out and then there was a really long pause (15-20 minutes) then my food came about 10 minutes before my mother inlaw's and my husband's came maybe 5 minutes after that. It was really slow, only 1 other table... So I don't know what thedeal was. I still order delivery ... And I will likely give dining in another shot, the food is so fresh and delicious... But just don't go there to eat in a hurry.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kissimmee, Florida, USA
“Food was excellent but small portions and horrible service ruined the experience!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We understood it was New Year's Eve, but when we walked into the door there were many empty tables that needed clearing and we were told it would be at least 10 minutes before we could get seated... really?? There were only 5 of us!! We waited and it definitely took longer than 10 minutes. Then the waitress was not very good (she seemed put out when we asked any questions or needed something) so we ended up with a different one who was better. The prices they charge for the portions you receive are ridiculous in my book. The portions were almost individual for each dish we ordered! I have never had such small portions at a Chinese Restaurant before! But, the biggest kicker of the evening is we got WAY overcharged and had to fight to get our money back!! We had a bill where we gave them $52 cash and had them put the balance on one of our debit cards. Two days later we find out they not only charged the balance on the debit card but they also, in addition, charged us the entire bill again not even recognizing that we had given them $52 cash as well! They did not want to refund the money and, again, it took a couple of days of arguing with them before they conceded. Although the food was excellent, we will not return due to all the other issues.

Visited December 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Chic, Asian decor with tasty food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

If you love beautiful surroundings and good food, try Pink Bamboo. I went for lunch with a friend. They gave us a window seat and a pot of hot tea to share in small, porcelain cups. Just lovely.

Visited December 2012