“Clean, comfortable hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Providence, Rhode Island
“Clean, comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Although there was some construction going on while we were there, it was kept very quiet and was not in our way at all. The room was clean, the hotel is getting updated (very modern and upscale lobby), the breakfast was good and the location, convenient. I would definitely stay here again. The staff was super-friendly and very helpful when my daughter got locked out of the room :)
The hot tub was fun, and the pool area was very clean.

Room Tip: We took our dogs with us, and the room on the first floor was very convenient when they had to go ou...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

2 miles to downtown center. Hotel has good hot breakfast.
Room clean. Staffs are friendly.
Shuttle bus brought guess 5 miles radius.
Close to hotel numbers restautaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: You can use hotel shuttle to downtown or just drive to downtown. Parking only 75 cents/hr with sever...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Manassas, Va.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

I am staying here for a few days. I've stayed here before and thought the hotel was a good, not great, Hampton Inn. I made the reservation several weeks back and if they told me construction would be happening I would not have stayed here. We (wife and I) were put in toom 201 just above the office. The construction is taking place right below the room and it sounds like they are tearing up our room. Coming back into the room mid day is impossible. The manager offered to move us to a top floor but when you're here for a short visit and you have everything spread out in the room to include shopping stuff from the wife then moving is not too easy. Do not come here until the construction is done.
Also, this is the only Hampton Inn where the put out store bought cookies in the evening and I stay in a bunch of them. Pretty lousy cookies as well.
As is typical the front desk staff here all nice and professional.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights with my husband and a group of friends for Seacoast half marathon weekend. There were pros and cons to staying here but overall I would not choose to stay here again.
The pros: free parking, breakfast was decent, room was fine and shower was great. Front desk helpful.
The cons: location is quite a distance from downtown where you really want to be, the shuttle service was PITIFUL!!! Two times we ended up taking a taxi into town because we waited 40 minutes and the shuttle never showed up. Two folks from our group ended up in the shuttle with a bachelorette group that was driven around to the bars of their choice, ridiculous! The happy hour food consisted of microwave popcorn one night and chips with microwaved cheese the other night, not what we were expecting.

Although the rate we got was good the cost of taxis back and forth from town added up to the cost of a nice hotel in downtown Portsmouth which is a great little town to visit. We were seriously disappointed.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Bar Harbor, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

My friend and I checked in for two nights and loved every minute. The beds are comfortable and the rooms nice. The complimentary breakfast was great and the free shuttle took you wherever you want to go! Loved every minute

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Suffield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Stayed here for three nights while we were out of power at home and it was a wonderful experience. The staff was very friendly and accomodating, hotel was very clean. The breakfast and happy hours were great. A great location we went to Kittery and the outlets in less than 10 minutes and Ogunquit in less than 30. Right next door to the hotel is a very nice and big Christmas tree shop and Bed Bath and Beyond that looks much better than the ones around our area. We can always count on Hampton Inns and this time we were very grateful as we had no power for a week. Thanks again we will be back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Port Hawkesbury, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This was my first stay at your facility and it was my son's second stay (last year at this tournament and this year) with his team (Cape Breton West Islanders). I was so impressed with my stay that I am compelled to share my experience with you.
First of all I was always greeted with a warm welcome every time I came in the door and walked by the front desk. The conditions and cleanliness of the hotel was exceptional which is extremely important to me. You can tell the staff really takes pride in what they do. Being from Cape Breton (Nova Scotia) we are use to walking by someone and saying hi or good morning and your staff did that which made me feel right at home. The cleaning staff was willing and eager to work around our boys hockey schedule which was fantastic. We all felt very safe and at home in your facility. I can't speak about the pool however the exercise room had every thing I needed and was clean, safe and was in great shape. Your morning breakfast was top notch. The coffee was great and the young man kept all of the items topped up. He did a great job. The cookies on the entry table at night was also perfect and another way you made me and the team feel at home. The real tip of the iceberg for me was I had heard about the early evening "Manager's Social". My roommates and I were only able to attend one of them over our 4 night stay and it was exceptional. I have never experienced anything like that in the 10 plus years my boys have been playing hockey. We got to talk to your staff and also other hotel guests. Again you were tops. Finally when a group of parents wanted to go out for supper we were able to travel there via your hotel shuttle. The driver was great and offered to pick us up however we had made other plans.
The snow storm was unfortunate (cancelled the remainder of the games). We did manage to drive home safe and sound.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.
Cheers and thanks again.
Gary Wagner - I stayed in room 329 between Oct 27 and Oct 30

Room Tip: I always try to get a room a few doors away from an exit (stairs).
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central? Share your experiences!