“Prices are high but the food is very good.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #51 of 189 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Epping, New Hampshire
“Prices are high but the food is very good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Can be pricey and this tends to keep many of the locals away but the food is always veru good and very creative. Spend the money and treat yourself

Visited October 2013

salt lake city
“Best Lobster roll in New England!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We were on a bus tour of New England and had the great fortune to have a tour guide who had been on a search for the "best lobster roll"...he found it and took the whole busload of us to the Beach Plum in Portsmouth, NH. There were 45 of us...and they accommodated us with no problem. It's a nice, open, family-oriented restaurant with wooden tables and benches. Nothing fancy...except the food! Honestly, they do have THE BEST LOBSTER ROLL! If you want to taste something fabulous, go there. Wear your jeans and bring the kids! It's great!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Etowah, North Carolina
“Lobster roll and bisque set the bar so high no others reached it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband & I and another couple stopped by here on arriving in the New England states (there are 2 sites, we ate at the one on Hwy 1a). It is just a small 'place' with only dining outside - but this was OK with us as the weather was good and we were right across from the ocean. We all had the lobster roll and bisque (and off couse ice cream for desert) - and it was the best we had ever had (including a host of other New England 'lobster' restuarants we tried after that). It is well worth going out of your way to eat here.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
connecticut
“is that all there is?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Came to Portsmouth for a long weekend at end of summer - going to beach and recognized this joint from TA. Welcoming and quick for ordering. Was nice outside, with plenty of picnic benches. Unfortunately all were really dirty with old food, etc and no one could sit at them, so were eating on sidelines. Food choices were abundant. We ordered many items. Soups were meh. Tuna sandwich was huge - like three cans plus mayo - gross. My chicken wrap had no chicken at all. Took a while to fix - by then everyone done at gone to beach. Nice in concept but would not return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Aiken, South Carolina
“I guess I should've had a lobster roll.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I ordered lobster bisque and was very disappointed in it. It appeared to have a tomato base and had a lot of other fish in it. I asked if they had given me the fish chowder instead and was told that I did have the bisque. I'm accustomed to a cream base with sherry in it. They did offer to bring me something else, but I declined. They advertised that their lobster rolls were voted #1. I like the lobster rolls that are mainly plain lobster and are served hot; not cold with lot of mayo or onions. My husband had a bowl of chili.It was not as good as he'd had the night before in Sandwich, MA. We felt like this restaurant was over priced.

• Visited September 2013