“Great Burger Joint!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers
Greendale, Wisconsin
“Great Burger Joint!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had a craving for burgers. We came upon Lexie's and our craving was satisfied. Gourmet burgers were outstanding. Not huge in size but huge in flavor.

Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States
“Best burger of my life....and basically the only one.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I haven't had a burger in years (literally--ten years) because I never found one I liked enough to order before another option (usually chicken in some form). After recently moving to the area, my boyfriend and I finally made it to Lexie's last month and revisited this past weekend. Burgers are fresh, delicious, and perfectly sized. What's better is the price! We both cannot stop raving about the food and the comfortable, hip atmosphere. Take out burgers are delicious too. I would recommend this place to burger eaters and non-burger eaters alike. Try it, you won't regret it!! The aioli and pickle fries & herbed parmesan fries are delicious sides!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eastern Shore, MD
“Burger-lious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stopped here on our way back from Maine to Maryland. Yummy burgers, reasonable prices, fun atmosphere. Try the fried pickles, a deal at $2.25! Worth the 1.5 mile detour off of 95. With food this good, why would you eat at a chain on the highway?

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New England
“A fun place for a burger or fish and chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We followed the advice of others and went to Lexie's Joint for burgers over Labor Day weekend. I was hoping to have fish and chips or fish tacos, but they'd just run out of fish---at 4:30 on a Saturday. The burgers were great, though, as were the onion strings. Also ordered the fries with herb and parmesan cheese topping. Interesting, though not crisp fries. We'll definitely visit again, as we live in the area and go to Portsmouth often. Nice to have a casual, low cost place in town that even has free parking!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NH
“A good find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This was our first visit after reading some good reviews and we decided to try it for lunch.
I had the fish and chips - nice, fresh haddock (and I'm fussy about my haddock!) - a great crispy coating of corn flakes and almonds, yumo! - with a side of tartar sauce that was obviously made "in house", not the usual run-of-the-mill variety. It came with fries which were very good and an inspired cole slaw that was delicious.
My husband had the fish tacos, (two) which seemed to have the same basic ingredients as mine, but taco style. He said they were excellent. We shared an order of onion rings that were very yummy, fried perfectly.
We feel the prices here are reasonable, the portions more than adequate.
This is a small restaurant, very utilitarian, so we did take-out and walked a short distance right down Islington St. to Goodwin Park, a lovely, green pocket park with nice benches and lots of shade trees. It was a most enjoyable lunch.

• Visited July 2012