“Loved Portsmouth, New Hampshire and area” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
ohio
“Loved Portsmouth, New Hampshire and area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2008

In August I flew from Ohio to Maine to visit my sister. This year we decided to spend a couple of days in the Portsmouth, New Hampshire area. We made the Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel our home away from home, it is a beautiful facility. Our hotel room was very comfortable and the beds were like sleeping on a cloud. The hotel staff was friendly and made us feel like welcomed guest. The restaurant was excellent. The hotel is convenient to downtown Portsmouth but you still have the ease of getting in and out of town.

Karen Harris

• Liked — Location
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Tarrytown NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

I would recommend this Sheraton. My wife and I made our Honeymoon around this area and spent 3 days at this Sheraton. The staff was friendly and they provided us with wonderful service. There was never a time where we needed anything. We often asked for recommendations and all were great. We are both frequent travelers, and we like the Starwood hotels, but it was the friendly local staff that provided it's pure New England Charm! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Harbor Noise
New York, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Harborside and must say it is the first time I have been disappointed in a Starwood hotel. This hotel is showing signs of wear and tear, our bathroom was outdated, our ceiling had some water damage, pool area was just OK. Views of the river are OK, but obstructed by a big salt pile. Starwood lists it as a Category 4 but it isn't; in my opinion they boost that number for wedding and conference bookings. On the bright side, the staff was great, the lobby/bar/restaurtant was good and it is convenient to Downtown Portsmouth which is a great walking city. But this hotel wasn't worth the $300 a night they charged.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hooksett NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2008

My wife and I wanted to celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary on the seacoast. We chose the Sheraton Harborside Hotel as our destination. When I booked the room, I happened to mention to the desk clerk that we wanted a scenic, comfortable room to celebrate this occasion. When we arrived to the hotel, we were greeted by the desk clerk with a smile and a "Happy Anniversary" greeting! (this was booked a month in advance)
If that wasn't enough, the entire staff seemed to know us like we were part of their family, from the bellhop to the waitstaff and everyone we had contact with. It was truly amazing. We then proceded to our room, and not more than 10 minutes later, there's a knock at our door? A plate of cheese and crackers, grapes ect from the manager with a signed "congratulations" note! My wife and I thought they had mixed us up with another party that was staying there. This continued throughout our weekend stay. We truly felt, not only welcomed, but honored being a guest there. We can truthfully say, that we will be back, maybe not on a special occasion, but sure to be treated the same way. It was awesome, from the ambiance, the staff, the food and the whole experience. What a ride!!! .....Thanks to all of you for making our day special in so many ways. We highly recommend the harborside on any occasion.

• Liked — treated like royalty
  • Disliked — nothing, it was great!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

We had the pleasure of enjoying a wonderful weekend in Portsmouth at the Sheraton Hotel. When we arrived, we were pleasantly greeted and offered assistance with our luggage and parking the car. At the front desk I was greeted pleasantly again by the Front Desk Manager and employee at the desk as I checked in. We carried on towards my room and it was spacious as well as perfectly clean and neat. As a bonus, there was a nice view overlooking the water. The Dining Room ambiance was delightful, we loved the Live Piano! The Service was top notch, efficient, and the food was perfect. After our meal in the Restaurant, we ordered dessert through Room Service. The Room Service employee impressed us when we called down and were greeted over the phone by name!

Throughout the weekend, each staff member we encountered was outstanding and unbelievably friendly. We’re looking forward to our next trip to Portsmouth and will be faithful to the Sheraton!

• Liked — The excellent service
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
nh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2008

My stay at the Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel was more than amazing! Nevermind the hotel being in the beautiful/fun town of Portsmouth NH, the hotel's location is steps away from downtown.The hotel itself is BEAUTIFUL, which came along with such a warm, comforting, happy feel from the second you walk in the doors. The staff is extremely kind, caring, accommodating, and there for you-- their first priority is YOU, the guest. The food was delicious for both my dining experiences at breakfast and dinner, at both their ocean view inside restaurant as well as their newly added outside patio option called, 'The Edge', with again, excellent service. I would recommend staying at the Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel to anyone!

• Liked — The Hotel & Staff & Location!
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto, Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

Maybe I'm spoiled having stayed at the Sheraton downtown in Montreal - perhaps my expectaions were just a bit too high, but this seemingly new hotel already has a beat up appearance and very little soul. Staff were helpful enough, the room was cookie cutter and acceptable, but for $200 a night in a small town like Portsmouth I guess I'm expecting great experiences, great views and to be wowed.

Acceptable if it is all that there is, but not up to the Sheraton standard IMO.

• Liked — wi-fi worked well. Brownies at check in.
  • Disliked — The view.
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sheraton Harborside Hotel Portsmouth? Share your experiences!