“Enjoyed the location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Bangor, Maine
“Enjoyed the location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Great location..overpriced self parking, which is in an unsecured lot across the street..dirty bed linens (totally grossed us)..did I mention great location? The service is pretty nice a well, but there is a lot of things that need to be updated before the rate matches the quality.

• Stayed September 2012
Sheraton_Portsmouth, Manager at Sheraton Harborside Hotel Portsmouth, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Copley25,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. We have spoken as a management team about the issues and are very sorry that you had this experience. Our Parking is competitive to the Portsmouth downtown area and the parking lot lever has been repaired, a key is needed upon departure. There has been follow up to your bedding issue and we have rectified the bedding issues with re-training and our annual purchasing of new linens.

It truly is appreciated that you would take the time to help us continue to improve
We hope to see you in the future.

Warm Regards,
Sheraton Portsmouth Hotel Managment

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Hartalnd
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I've never had such a personal touch of awareness beyond themselves as I received over the past few days from Justin Pelletier to my housekeeper Holli. While talking with Justin I casually mentioned that I was going to go grab a beverage from nearby and without hesitation he said let me get that for you. Which wasn't a big deal but I was at my booth alone at a convention in the hotel at the time. His doing that one small thing allowed me to stay at my booth to talk with clients and potential clients while I still got my beverage.
The next day upon returning to my room in the afternoon, I noticed a hand written note on my bed. It was from my housekeeper and it read, " Mr. Soandso, I hope you are enjoying your stay. Please let us know if you need anythihng. safe travels when you leave. Your housekeeper Holli.
It's these little things that mean a lot to me and so many others whether they realize it or not that will make me try and return sooner than later to stay at this hotel.
Thank you so much Justin, Holli and those involved with hiring & training these special individuals.
Brian

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Had a one night stay to visit Portsmouth. Good points were very comfortable bed and excellent coffee from in-room machine. However, the bathroom was small and smelly. The smell was located to a mouldy shower curtain. The swimming facilities were very poor - the water was murky and the changing facilities comprised an old chair and a few wall hooks. The sauna was rough with a naked bulb as lighting. Parking was plentiful but not cheap. In summary, we felt that this hotel was charging considerably more than the quality of accommodation on offer would justify.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

This hotel gives you all the extra touches. Fresh waterw/ fruit in the lobby to a club floor that keeps the club room stacked with coffee, juices, water and fresh fruit. The complimentary breakfast is just like home with a most wonderful hostess Vivian. I have seen her run and heat up a muffin for someone just because they wanted it. Last but not least the beds are the most comfortable of any I have found. Everyone is greeted as family and who wouldn't want to go back. Oh and they have a fitness center full of equipment in working order open 24/7. Great!

Stayed September 2012
Morristown, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We booked a room on the Club level. The included breakfast was scrambled eggs and undercooked sausage. Dirty dishes were piled up in a corner. Everyone had to search drawers for utensils and there was one Keurig machine with a few coffee pods. The toilet rocked on the floor. The air conditioner did not sufficiently cool the room to the requested temperature on the thermostat. The location of the hotel is excellent and the housekeeping is great. But Portsmouth is a wonderful destination!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

At $246 for the AAA rate, I've had larger rooms in Manhattan for this price. The manager has replied to a previous post ("Not worth the rate") that their rates are competitive, but the truth of the matter is that there is not much competition (nearby hotels), so I bit the bullet and chose this hotel due to its location.

We were two family members in a 2 double-bed room, and the armchair for the desk totally blocks the T-shaped aisle for the person on the far bed to get to the bathroom. There is no other place to move that chair without blocking your path. That's how small the room is. We were also surprised that the only way to get to Market Street (along the back side of the building) was via a staircase (or walking completely around the block), which was hard to manage for my elderly father.

The staff is nice. The location is great. But if you're looking for good value, it's not here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Webster, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed for a week on business on the Club level with great views from our room. From the moment we checked in, it was a pleasant experience. Thank you to Hannah at the front desk. Her pleasant and helpful approach towards checking us in and making sure we had the proper room for our weeks stay with two small children, was a great way to be welcomed. Each morning, Vivian in the Club suite greeted us with a friendly and warming smile. She made us feel very welcomed at the hotel. Both breakfast and happy hour h'orderves were filled with variety, and very good. Our room service provider, Inky was also great. Often we would not leave the room until 2pm, and she would never make us feel rushed to have our room serviced. The room was set up well, the gym and pool were both nice, and the food from the dining room was excellent. Overall, we look forward to returning to the Sheraton Portsmouth in our travels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Harborside Hotel Portsmouth? Share your experiences!