“Outstanding food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Thornton, New Hampshire
“Outstanding food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Beef tenderloin was THE BEST I have ever eaten! Vince told us that he buys his beef locally (can't remember where). One of my dining companions is also a beef lover and he, too, said his tenderloin was the best he's ever had. We sampled a lot of apps (had our holiday party at Six Burner) and everything was good. The only 'negative,' if it can be considered a negative, is the sense of arrival when you enter the restaurant. But, who cares. If the food is excellent, the service is adequate (I'm not THAT picky!), then I'm a happy camper. It is pricey, so we won't be able to visit very often, but if we're looking for a special evening out, then Six Burner will be high on the list!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Tasty fireside lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We'd heard reports of this yummy spot from some ski friends and finally stopped in for lunch. At lunch you order at a counter that separates you from the kitchen. The blackboard menu was enticing and the specials too. My tween boys easily found things they liked - beef quesadilla and pulled pork sandwich. The one server (she brought the food to our table) was busy, so one of the chefs took our order. We sat ourselves right by one of the two lit fires (a nice bonus at lunch or anytime!). My husband had the General Tso chicken wrap with a cup of blue crab-corn bisque. They were out of the haddock sandwich special so I had 1/2 a salmon and Asian greens wrap with the bisque. Mine was a generous half, very tasty, but a little gooey. My husband's wrap was truly delicious, crunchy with lovely greens and a light Asian sauce. Why does he always order the best thing!!! Our bisque was nice and hot with a good amount of crab. Kids gave their sandwiches the thumbs up. We will be back and maybe try dinner the next time. A very satisfying lunch!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
South Windsor, Connecticut
“Diamond in the Rough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Wonderful restaurant! Upscale feel and taste, highly recommend making this restaurant a part of your trip! Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese and the Beef Tenderloin were wonderful!

Visited March 2013
Dover, New Hampshire
“Mostly very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The food here is good, but the "crab" and spinach dip was very underwhelming. I don't think I have ever stopped eating a food from boredom before, but this was that time. There was no crab and barely any spinach, and it was served with very oily toasted bread. Not a great start.

On a more positive note, the Entrees were awesome. I had the steak tenderloin and it was a beautiful piece of meat cooked exceptionally well. It didn't look like a big serving but it was the perfect amount to enjoy and feel full without being stuffed. My boyfriend had the scallops with ravioli and that was also amazing.

The wine list is okay, but it could probably be more extensive being on the more fine dining side of casual dining, not a huge number of options.

Service was, well, interesting. Our waiter was polite enough, but there was something a little too casual about him, and I found it a bit off putting. We also felt a bit like we were shoved into the "young persons room" off the side of the main dining room, which may or may not have been the case, but I think equal attention to the lighting and ambiance of each room would help the overall experience. The main dining room looked really nice, and the lighting was great, and I found myself wishing I was sitting in there...

Overall a nice place, just a little uneven in terms of the food quality and the service. Great to experience some local produce cooked well.

Visited March 2013
“Good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Food was delicious, presentation was great. Our waiter did not offer specials and made us feel extremely rushed.

• Visited March 2013