“Crappy place, terrible customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Pilgrim Inn and Cottages
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   307 Main Street, Rte. 3 North, Plymouth, NH 03264   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
Mount Kisco NY
“Crappy place, terrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The lady who made the reservation and checked us in was nice, but that is the only positive thing I can say about this place.
We stayed in a cottage, which was outdated and worn down.Everything was rusty, old, and looked crappy. The bathroom reminded our daughters of their one at camp. You are right behind the highway and the insulation was bad. We paid $160 for our stay here, which was very overpriced but we had no alternative because everything else in the area was fully booked.
There was no one present to attend to our needs when we had breakfast. The tables were filthy (my daughter accidentally put her phone in a puddle of (fake) maple syrup). There was hardly anything to eat, let alone anything decent.
The owner was a grumpy, moody and unfriendly person (if you needed anything you had to ring the bell on the counter, and that was when he eventually came out with an angry look on his face and without even greeting us). When my daughter rang the bell again he took the bell from the counter, threw it in a corner, and left. We were flabbergasted.
When I dropped off the key the owner started a discussion with me (I initially thought he wanted to apologize for his idiotic behavior), and when I replied he started to scream and curse at me and got aggressive.
Never experienced anything like it, and I hope I will never again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
pilgriminn123456, Owner at Pilgrim Inn and Cottages, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
“I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and your feedback is greatly appreciated. We do everything in our power to ensure that guests leave with a smile, and most of them do. I apologize if we were not as attentive as you might have liked, but we quite busy personally maintaining/ upkeep and are very proud of our property. We do our best. I would like to mention that our bell at the front desk is not a toy. While we are more than happy to attend to our guests needs, teenagers ringing the bell over and over does not help the situation. I really do regret that your stay with us was not what you had hoped and I welcome you back anytime so you can experience the wonderful visit that most guests do.”

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Warwick, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Checked in late one night, early a.m., on a return drive from Quebec. Hoping for the best, preparing for less.
Received a warm greeting, checked in to a spotless room, comfortable, t.v., bathroom all in good working order. No coffee maker in room, bummer..Internet was not functioning.
Basic breakfast plus waffles. Well maintained grounds.
Better than average.
Will return again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Perkinsville, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We used Priceline to find a hotel for just an over night stay in Plymouth, NH. We checked in to find our room next to the road, and a bunch of stuff next to our door covered with a tarp (not very appealing). As soon as we opened the interior door, to another small interior area all we smelt was a damp musty mildew smell. When we unlocked our door to our room it was even worse. The room was dark, small and very out dated, and we could not get past the smell. We thought we would make the best of it but being a hot and humid weekend just made the smell that much worse! On our way out we took a closer look at the tarped items and realized it was rolls of carpet, too bad the carpet hadn't been changed before the stay! We checked out without a refund when there were no other rooms available (their cottages looked better kept) and went across the street to the Econo Lodge where we were able to book a nice room with king size bed for the same price as Pilgrim Inn.

Room Tip: Book a cottage not the rooms!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Conveniently just off the Interstate, the Pilgrim fit what I needed for a quick in and out. The check-in was friendly and attentive. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I found it to be maintained better than the average roadside motel. It had a flat screen TV and a low-flow toilet, along with a microwave and fridge. Space was limited, yet functional; it served me just fine. I was back on the road early in the morning and was happy with my stay.

Room Tip: I had the room closest to the road, but there was little to no traffic that night to affect me.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
North Providence, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Cottages are pretty cool as they're free-standing - no loud neighbors. Clean units. AC took a few to get to the cool point, but it was a super-hot weekend. Beds could be more comfortable, and the pillows were flat. The fridge and TV worked fine. I didn't use the microwave. The bathroom was clean and adequate. I stayed on my own in the one-bed cottage and it was nice. All in all it's a great value, and it's right off Interstate 93 a short drive from the White Mountains and the Lakes Region. I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Opt for the cottage over the room. It's worth the extra couple of bucks.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Falmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

If "functional not fancy" works for you this place is an excellent value! A bit dated but we like that as it's kind of a throwback to earlier days travelling in the White Mountains. Kind of a 50's/60's feel to it and I mean that in a good way. We needed a place to stay in the Plymouth area after attending an auction. We booked ahead at a great rate. The woman on the desk (owner?) was excellent. Friendly and helpful. Room was super clean (our house should be so clean) and more than adequate for us. The sheets were crisp and the bathroom was spotless (and we looked closely). My wife gets the heebie jeebies a little when I find a "bargain" stay (a couple of bad experiences) and she was MORE than pleasantly surprised. The grounds of the entire place were neat as a pin, not a scrap of litter to be seen anywhere. The room had an excellent flat screen tv so watching the Red Sox was better than watching the game at home. This will definitely be our first option on future stays in the area. Keep up the good work and thanks for offering a reasonably priced lodging option that obviously prides itself on tidiness.

Room Tip: We had a motel unit with two queen beds but the cottages looked cozy and we may try one next time.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
new york,ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Rooms are very clean and basic. Some rooms were very small. The room with
one queen barely had room to turn around. The staff very helpful but the strong air freshened smell in the rooms is hard to get past. We opened doors and windows to try and alleviate it a bit without much success.
Make sure to get extra blankets, quite cold at night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Pilgrim Inn and Cottages? Share your experiences!