“Great hospitality in charming setting” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
New Hampshire
“Great hospitality in charming setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

I spent several days at the Inn with family members. We had a variety of rooms, from the deluxe Squam with Andirondack interior design (and Christmas Tree, it was the holiday), to a pet friendly room with flat screen and gas fireplace, to a double bedded unit like a typical hotel (but nicer) and a cozy third floor room with exposed beams. The pet friendly room had it's own access to the exterior (maybe good for smokers, too) and the Squam room was a work of art with an interior screen door, timber bed and lots of other details. Even though the weather was bad a few days there was plenty to do at the inn with a GREAT spa, indoor pool and sauna. On site restaurant is a fun multilevel environment and we even booked the wine room for private dining one night for our party of ten.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

I recently spent the morning at The Common Man Spa in Plymouth, NH and I immediatley fell in love as soon as I stepped inside. Their waiting room is soothing and relaxing as you wait for your treatment to begin. I was greeted by friendly staff and I appreciated the little things such as a fruit bowl, coffee and tea while I waited. While waiting I noticed a lot of things in the Spa that I didn't know existed. They carry the bareMinerals makeup line, they offer a number of different services such as Yoga, Physical Therapy, Cardio/weight room, and a pool & sauna. Once it came time for my classic massage, I was given a comfy robe flip flops and brought to the women's locker room. The waiting rooms before treatments begin were so relaxing! The decor and overall atmosphere was fabulous! The room I was in for my massage was incredibly peaceful and comfortable. The lights were dimmed, music was playing quietly and warm. My 60-minute massage from head to toe was the best way to de-stress! I couldn't help but doze off. After my massage, I had a pedicure. The number 1 thing I enjoyed was the cleanliness and friendliness of the employees. I was given the pumpkin scrub, and they put the parafin-wax on my hands while I sat and had my toes painted. Overall, my time at The Common Man Spa was terrific and I couldn't have had a better time. Can't wait to revist! LOVED it and I didn't even have to stay at the Inn to enjoy a day at the spa!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

My brother went to Plymouth State and we needed a place to stay when visiting. The Common Man is so charming. Unlike some older inns that are small and noisy, this Inn was made from an old factory (I think), so it has all the modern amenities, with an old inn feel. The rooms have really interesting furniture (not the cheesy generic hotel furniture) and the simple yet real breakfast (not that plastic wrapped crap) was just perfect. We stayed there many times and it was always special. (we have stayed at many nice hotels, and this one ranks as a memorable stay)

• Stayed March 2006, traveled with family
Loudon, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

My Fiancee' and I attended a hosted event at the Common Man Inn and Spa on Friday evening 09/25/09. Although we only had to travel from the City of Concord, after reading the reviews posted by prior guests who stayed at the Inn, we decided to try and get a room for the night. I was able to reserve a less expensive room on the third floor and didn't know what to expect regarding quality or size of our accommodations. I arrived a little before 3:00 PM Friday and from that moment, until we left, I could not have been more pleased. The check-in was smooth and pleasant and the rustic ambiance of the Inn was unbelievable. The size of the room was more than ample and very "homey". I have stayed at high rated 4 and 5 star hotels all over the country on business and pleasure trips, and I can honestly say that the accommodations at the Common Man Inn and Spa not only exceeded my expectations, it ranked BETTER than many of the so called "fancy" high ranked national hotel chains. We took the time to roam throughout the Inn and were were very impressed with the decor, pool, sauna and gym. Although we did not have the time to utilize the Spa facilities, when we went there the attending staff was very pleasant and made us feel extremely welcome with a personal tour. We did not have the time or opportunity to dine at Foster's Boiler Room, but the buffet food provided at the event we attended was DELICIOUS. The complimentary breakfast of fresh fruit, yogurt, bagles, muffins, coffee, etc. was also very tasty and filling.
You may be assured that we intend to return again to the Plymouth, NH Common Man Inn & Spa in the future (this winter) for at least a couple days of Rest and Relaxation and will definitely take advantage of ALL the amenities INCLUDING the Spa!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
near boston, mass usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

I brought my elderly mother and 16 year old son to the inn, and all of us had a great time. We stayed in the bunk room, which had two TVs and excellent comfort for all. Beautiful lakes, waterfalls, walks, and mountains are very quick drives from the inn...fishing was great and so was the swimming. The inn has rainy-day indoor swimming and extra spa comforts if the need arises, and the food is excellent in their restaurant. This inn is simply wonderful!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

Pros: Great midweek deal available. Great county inn with lots of amenities. Great pool ans spa area. Great restaurant. The room was very clean. The kids loved the bunk beds. Just off the highway. Ice cream stand on the property. Good halfway stop between Quebec city and Boston. Free Internet

Cons: Restaurant a litle expensive for supper.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Center Harbor, NH,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

I went to the Common Man with my dog here for the night and it was great. They had dog bowls and a dog biscuit for him. The Spa was fantastic - I had a massage and pedicure and both women were very professional and accomplished - the receptionist at the Spa was very good too. If you go to the pool/sauna/hot tub room make sure that you put on the waterfall in the 'rock' hot tub - it is fantastic, a free massage. The only negative thing was a meal from room service (although the appetizer - mussels - were great). The only other negative was the traffic sounds from the highway - but I was in the dog wing which is closest to it - so maybe the rest of the rooms are quieter. If you stay there, go to Anderson's Bakery down on Main Street - wonderful cookies.

Oh yes, p.s - the room was huge and had a (gas) fireplace.

• Stayed May 2009

Been to Common Man Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!