“well done fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
near boston, mass usa
“well done fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

I brought my elderly mother and 16 year old son to the inn, and all of us had a great time. We stayed in the bunk room, which had two TVs and excellent comfort for all. Beautiful lakes, waterfalls, walks, and mountains are very quick drives from the inn...fishing was great and so was the swimming. The inn has rainy-day indoor swimming and extra spa comforts if the need arises, and the food is excellent in their restaurant. This inn is simply wonderful!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

Pros: Great midweek deal available. Great county inn with lots of amenities. Great pool ans spa area. Great restaurant. The room was very clean. The kids loved the bunk beds. Just off the highway. Ice cream stand on the property. Good halfway stop between Quebec city and Boston. Free Internet

Cons: Restaurant a litle expensive for supper.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Center Harbor, NH,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

I went to the Common Man with my dog here for the night and it was great. They had dog bowls and a dog biscuit for him. The Spa was fantastic - I had a massage and pedicure and both women were very professional and accomplished - the receptionist at the Spa was very good too. If you go to the pool/sauna/hot tub room make sure that you put on the waterfall in the 'rock' hot tub - it is fantastic, a free massage. The only negative thing was a meal from room service (although the appetizer - mussels - were great). The only other negative was the traffic sounds from the highway - but I was in the dog wing which is closest to it - so maybe the rest of the rooms are quieter. If you stay there, go to Anderson's Bakery down on Main Street - wonderful cookies.

Oh yes, p.s - the room was huge and had a (gas) fireplace.

• Stayed May 2009
Newtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

We visited The Common Man Inn for a family member's wedding. It was a great comfy & homey place and was just perfect for a small vacation. The rooms were cute and very spacious. The pool and the hot tub at the property were amazing!!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
SCOTLAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

Went here for a wedding and it was beautiful. Couldnt fault anything would definately go back. Quite isolated so very peaceful not for those who dont drive though!!

Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2008

I stayed at Common Man Inn November 2007. I had a relaxing time. The atmostphere is completely enjoyable. The staff is friendly and helpful. Every afternoon they offered some free snacks in the lobby from Hot Cider to Apple Pie.The Spa is so nice and makes you never want to leave. There is a fireplace almost in every room in that place. The pool/Jacuzzi room is a joy and very clean and welcoming.

Foster's Boiler Room was the place that I had dinner most of the nights that I was there and I would give two thumbs up for my dining experience.

I travelled there alone and they made me feel very welcome. As a matter of fact, I have a return trip this November and plan on making it an annual event.

The spa books quickly so do not wait until you get there. That would be the only complaint that I had. So this year I booked the spa serves when I booked my stay.

Who can beat the hot breakfasts for $4.50!!!!!

Richmond, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2008

I cannot think of anywhere I'd rather stay-- short of Disney World-- than the Common Man. My girls simply love the place (8 and 14) and we would never have to leave the Inn to keep them happy. Which is probably good, because there isn't a whole lot to do in Plymouth.

The rooms can be big (there are a range of sizes and styles-- just ask), and the bathrooms are spacious. We've requested a DVD player for our room and extra pillows. The handmade soaps in the bathroom are sold downstairs also. We love the room with the fireplace and sitting room that is really like a 4-season porch. I love the feeling here of staying over at a friend's house, except for the few times we have stayed when there was wedding. It isn't noisy then, not really, but it is a bit more crowded downstairs. We love the lobby, with its little shopping area, we love the building and the photos from waaaayyy back. The food is terrific at the restaurant. There really is nothing we don't like and we've stayed here at least 6 times and we leave again next week for a long weekend there. But the best part is Fletcher the cat. Part greeter, part "cat-away-from-home", Fletcher may stop by your room for a visit, or remain completely invisible to you. I would recommend the Common Man Inn to all but the most uptight, picky people you might know. But what the heck would they be doing in Plymouth, NH anyway??? Now if I would only think ahead to reserve time at the gorgeous spa...

• Liked — The spacious, gorgeous rooms.
  • Disliked — The town of Plymouth has very little to do in my opinion. But it is pretty.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Common Man Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!