“SIMPLY OUTSTANDING” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“SIMPLY OUTSTANDING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My family and I have stayed here 4 different times and EACH and EVERYTIME has been OUTSTANDING....the Friendly Service, the Spectacular Rooms, the Warm and Cozy feel of the rooms and the Entire place, not to mention the Spa, that's out of this whole, FABULOUS :-)!!!!!....HIGHLY RECCOMMEND

Room Tip: The "signature" rooms are the BEST!!! As a family, we reserved the signature (lofted) sui...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer T, General Manager at Common Man Inn & Spa, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for your kind review.
We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our Inn & Spa and continue to come back and see us!
We look forward to your return visit and we will make sure your stay is 'simply outstanding'!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Salem, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I recently took an impromtu trip back to Plymouth, NH so I could spend the day with my nieces. I called the Common Man Inn & Spa the Wednesday before to see if they had a room available for the weekend, but they only had one room available for Friday night because there was a ski meet that weekend and all the rooms were booked for the weekend. I had the pleasure of staying in the "Lodge" room Friday night and to say it was breathtaking would be an understatement! I fell asleep on the king size bed so quickly that I accused the staff of putting something in the sheets to make me fall asleep the next morning! I haven't slept that well in ages! The next morning I asked if they had any cancellations for Saturday evening, and I was told by the front desk that there was a real possibility there would be because someone was "on the fence". I left to spend the day in Tilton, NH with my nieces at the Tanger Outlets. Within the hour I had a call that there was a room available for me to stay on Saturday! I was delighted! Once again the staff went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable and relaxing! When I first started going to the Common Mann Inn and Spa about 6 years ago, I had requested extra pillows. Every visit since I have so many pillows on my bed no matter what room I am in that I am in the lap of luxury! I concluded my trip on Sunday with a "de-stressing" massage at the spa that was simply wonderful. I left there a new person ready to tackle my day to day work responsibilities with a new outlook. Thank you once again Common Mann for going above and beyond for me and for making me feel that I was a VIP!

Room Tip: Ask for the LODGE or any of the specialty rooms. The pet friendly rooms on the first floor are lovel...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Jennifer T, General Manager at Common Man Inn & Spa, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed our Lodge Suite, the Spa and our staff took good care of you.
We strive for all of our guests to feel welcome, remembered, relaxed and pampered when they stay with us. So happy to read you did!
Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to your return visit!
Rochester, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The staff was extremely helpful in making our stay memorable. Overall the hotel was nice, a tad over cliche', but still great value. The restaurant had great food. The rooms were satisfactory. The lobby was interesting and fun. The location was pretty excellent, Plymouth State College is maybe five minutes down the road. Overall, it had some minor flaws but compensated with great customer service and offered great value. If I found myself back in Plymouth I would stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer T, General Manager at Common Man Inn & Spa, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for your review.
The staff and I, are so pleased to read that you were 'wowed' by our customer service!
Located between the White Mountains and Lakes Region of NH, the area offers a lot throughout the year and of course the Spa and Salon offer a variety of treatments.
Plenty to do or just relax, come again!
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had a wonderful stay with our dogs. The pet friendly room location on the first floor was great to take the dogs in and out, it was spacious and very clean, and the bed was comfy. Having the dog beds was really cool. And it was great having the fireplace to relax by after a day of dog sledding with our friends at Barking Brook Dog Sled Adventures in Wakefield. The dining package worked out great - we used it for Foster's and the Italian Farmhouse, the food at both was excellent. We called ahead and were seated right away when we arrived. It did make us feel special. The food in the cafe was very delicious - having the menu items in addition to the continental breakfast items was a bonus. There was a waitress and front desk person that I thought had little "attitude", but they were overshadowed by the warmth and hospitality of everyone else and, overall, everything was truly excellent. I wish I had time to use the pool and spa this trip, but, perhaps next time. :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
The dogs seem to always enjoy their stay. The bone and the bed in the room upon arrival are usually a big hit!
Thank you for the nice review, seems as though you enjoyed not only the Inn and restaurants, but the area as well.
We look froward to your return trip, I know you will be pleased with the Spa.
Wrentham, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The Good:
This hotel is a great concept, has great history, and is close to Plymouth State College. After coming for lunch one afternoon when we were traveling locally, we decided to book a room at the Inn. The lobby is extremely welcoming with rustic charm and a large fireplace and seating area. They also sell "Common Man" items and some local goods like popcorn, jellies, etc. The main desk staff was very nice, and pointed us to our room on the third floor. The room was clean and again, rustic and charming. The bathroom however had modern style and had plenty of towels and complimentary toiletries. Room had a mini fridge and vanity with mirror. Pool and hot tubs were nice. Amazing food at Fosters, great waitstaff and you can add your bill to your room.

The Bad:
The Bedding was very cheap, almost reminding me of bedding used in my grandmothers cape house. I don't know if its part of the theme but the bedding was clean however cheap and uncomfortable. The bed was THE MOST uncomfortable bed that felt like a piece of plywood upon 3000 springs. Very, very low quality bed. We then called down to the main desk to request a "foam mattress cover" which was advertised in the hotel booklet. No luck, no foam covers. We then noticed no microwave in the room to warm up left overs but that was fine. Woke up with a back ache. Next, I woke up in the morning and (tried) to take a shower at around 9:30AM. There was basically no water pressure and water would not come out of shower head after pulling up plunger on bath spigot. So I had to wait for others to stop showering then had a very unpleasurable cool shower. Pressure was slightly better shutting off hot water fully.

Conclusion:
I may stay here again if they addressed the issues above. I would definitely be back for the great food at Fosters. We stay at tons of hotels a year and this one just is not too impressive. They need to put more money into their rooms. This place has potential but again, not impressed. Now I need to rest in my own bed.. :)

Room Tip: Room 301 is separate and private however the bed and shower are horrible. I would have stayed some...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay.
Our Inn has a rsutic style; however with this said, our amentites are not.
Matresses and bedding are such a personal item. We do our best to accommodate all of our guests. We do offer feather beds and foam matreess covers upon request and availability, I am sorry if they were not available when you called.
Our cafe in the lobby is open 24 hours and provides complimentary coffee, tea, juice and the use of a microwave. Upon availability we can have a microwave in your upon arrival.
Please request these items when making your future reservations and the staff will see to your needs to make your stay more comfortable.
rhode island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed for one night, during a quick trip to NH. Wish I could have stayed another, the room was so comfortable, quiet and convenient. I had my dog with me, and they provided a water bowl, and even a custom decorated dog biscuit, with her name on it. The bed and bedding were excellent quality, and there was a fireplace in the room. The spa was lovely as well.
I definitely loved this hotel... only down side is that it is not real close to much, it's a bit of a walk into town, and no great place to walk to, or around, without getting into a car.
They do a great breakfast, which is cooked to order at a little kitchen/diner area, off of the lobby. A sweet young lady works there, solo, making food for people, and it was like visiting someone in their home and having them cook for you. Very happy with this place, hope to return soon!

Room Tip: The pet friendly rooms were wonderful!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Jennifer T, General Manager at Common Man Inn & Spa, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your kind review.
We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and your breakfast in our cafe.
We try to make guests feel at home.
We look forward to your return visit.
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a rustic but very comfortable inn, kind of funky. Our room was comfortable. The restaurant was very good. We only stayed one night but wish we could have stayed longer. Overall, a fun place to stay and a very good value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We love 'funky'!
Thank you for your comments.
We look forward to your return trip!

Been to Common Man Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!